Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering new a new fairway wood and rescue...right now im thinking adams tight lies...but will be waiting to read what reviews come back from the sldr's...

What are you looking for out of the fairway wood, mostly off the dcck? Tee? Both?

Well, I have the MCI's at 105g, but there is part of me that would like to stay in the 85-95g weight range. Didn't really like the Recoils, something tells me I wouldn't love the Steelfibers, haven't tried the Aldila or Programs. In a perfect world, a lighter version of the MCI's, because they really do feel fantastic. I'll probably settle for just swapping the ones I have into the SpeedBlade though.

Have you hit the blue Project X graphite yet? How about the Kuro Kage? Frog has used them for the past year, and both seem to offer a nice mix of spin and launch without feeling overly soft.

I can't say I've hit the PX iron shafts, though if they are similar to the hybrid shaft I'd be pretty happy. Those feel alright to me. Not sure about the KK. I hit the Amp Cells in graphite, but I want to say it was just a no-name shaft?

What are you looking for out of the fairway wood, mostly off the dcck? Tee? Both?

Off the deck. Maybe its me but fww these days are huge! Everyone comments on my old steelhead III'S but they are relatively small and I hit them well. They are steel shafted and well its time to upgrade. Ive excepted im not a long hitter so im not looking for the miracle 3 wood that goes 260... just wanted something easy off the deck and to help out when a ball finds a fairway bunker or rough..

Pondering getting fit for a new driver as it's my birthday coming up so I can use that as an excuse, R1 / SLDR / X-Hot....Or maybe just a new shaft in what I have. Not that I'm really having any issues mind you...

Pondering getting fit for a new driver as it's my birthday coming up so I can use that as an excuse, R1 / SLDR / X-Hot....Or maybe just a new shaft in what I have. Not that I'm really having any issues mind you...

Take ur driver along, try out the shafts and see what the numbers are like compared to the newer options you are shopping for win/win

Take ur driver along, try out the shafts and see what the numbers are like compared to the newer options you are shopping for win/win

Good advice Mike, I will be doing this.

Something from Taylormade getting passed around on Twitter that has me really intrigued if it really comes to market in 2014.

Something from Taylormade getting passed around on Twitter that has me really intrigued if it really comes to market in 2014.

Details?

Off the deck. Maybe its me but fww these days are huge! Everyone comments on my old steelhead III'S but they are relatively small and I hit them well. They are steel shafted and well its time to upgrade. Ive excepted im not a long hitter so im not looking for the miracle 3 wood that goes 260... just wanted something easy off the deck and to help out when a ball finds a fairway bunker or rough..

I think you'd like the Tight Lies, not as long as some of the fairways out there but really fun off the deck with that sole. Also consider the Cobra Baffler T-Rails, cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap now but awesome off the deck and pretty good distance out of them.

I think you'd like the Tight Lies, not as long as some of the fairways out there but really fun off the deck with that sole. Also consider the Cobra Baffler T-Rails, cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap now but awesome off the deck and pretty good distance out of them.

Thanks for the follow up.. ive been researching the tight lies..didnt even consider the baffler...ill be ready reviews...

Pretty sure that its an embargoed item and I'm not one to break forum rules so I'll leave the details that I have read out of here, but it does have to do with a certain line of clubs making a possible return.

Full on ponder of new wedges with the new irons ponder.

Hopkins or Mack Daddy 2, or something else to replace the J40's.

Full on ponder of new wedges with the new irons ponder.

Hopkins or Mack Daddy 2, or something else to replace the J40's.

MD2 are off the hook just put a set in my bag.

These;

6e7edeze.jpg

Those look very nice. That THP store is making me broke haha, but I just cant help myself with all the awesome gear in it.

Those look fantastic War! Yes yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back