The Team Names - The 2014 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Golf Event Period

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and me both Ricky, excited to find out who I will be interviewing next summer. Not sure if I can do the Michael Ward Reporting for THP thing quite as well. But I can practice that.
I loved watching Michael explain the green and the areas around it. Made me have a better understanding of what the players were looking at. I'm sure you will do just as well!

Don't forget to describe it like you are telling a guy sitting in his office what is going on. If I don't make it, that's what I plan to do if they can use me as a volunteer.

JM

You and me both Ricky, excited to find out who I will be interviewing next summer. Not sure if I can do the Michael Ward Reporting for THP thing quite as well. But I can practice that.

Kevin, those are big shoes to fill, but I think you can do it. You got the THP pride and the knowledge. Get your whole family out there, Michigan Slice and I will be filming ya making all sorts of rude gestures to try and make you laugh.

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but are the teams for the Morgan Cup 2014 already set?

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but are the teams for the Morgan Cup 2014 already set?

No, one team of THP staffers and the other three captains have been named, but the entry process for the remaining 21 slots has not begun.

Will be easier on the camera guy to not have to Pan down so far.

Kevin, those are big shoes to fill, but I think you can do it. You got the THP pride and the knowledge. Get your whole family out there, Michigan Slice and I will be filming ya making all sorts of rude gestures to try and make you laugh.
Mward has little hands and feet, so Kevin has little shoes to fill :alien2:

This place will start buzzing once criteria for entry is announced. All the best to those that enter.

I am really looking forward to hearing the entry process. I hope all that have expressed interest in this so far take the time to put in an entry. This will be an amazing experience for all that are involved. And getting to compete against team THP is going to be something special.

Talked about this with Buck alot over the weekend and thought about it alot as well as I was playing. I know I have a long way to go to get ready. I have never played in any golf competitions. Already looking to see where I can get some experience. Going to rely on my local THP'ers to help me out with this portion of it. Going to start doing alot of reading over the winter to try to get myself mentally prepared. I know you cant really prepare yourself for the pressure until you are in the thick of it but I want to make sure I have the tools necessary to minimize the pressure on the things I can control like reading greens, different clubs from different positions (club up, club down) etc. I know its a long way off but there isnt a day that goes by that I A) dont think about it and B) do not appreciate how truly lucky I am.

Talked about this with Buck alot over the weekend and thought about it alot as well as I was playing. I know I have a long way to go to get ready. I have never played in any golf competitions. Already looking to see where I can get some experience. Going to rely on my local THP'ers to help me out with this portion of it. Going to start doing alot of reading over the winter to try to get myself mentally prepared. I know you cant really prepare yourself for the pressure until you are in the thick of it but I want to make sure I have the tool necessary to minimize the pressure on the things I can control like reading greens, different clubs from different positions (club up, club down) etc. I know its a long way off but there isnt a day that goes by that I A) dont think about it and B) do not appreciate how truly lucky I am.

Definitely would love to have some matches with you this spring.

1) To help you gear up
2) To give you a preview of the beatdown I will give you if I am selected

Definitely would love to have some matches with you this spring.

1) To help you gear up
2) To give you a preview of the beatdown I will give you if I am selected

Pshhh. I already know how to get in your head. It's over Johnny..errr Joey.

After this weekend at the Gauntlet and being a part of something special, I'm going for this one. Competition amongst friends is a great experience and having experienced the Morgan Cup from behind the camera a couple years ago, I know that it magnifies every aspect of friendship, camaraderie, competition, and lt creates some long term bonds that will never be broken. I hope a lot of folks enter for the Cup, it's pretty incredible.

After this weekend at the Gauntlet and being a part of something special, I'm going for this one. Competition amongst friends is a great experience and having experienced the Morgan Cup from behind the camera a couple years ago, I know that it magnifies every aspect of friendship, camaraderie, competition, and lt creates some long term bonds that will never be broken. I hope a lot of folks enter for the Cup, it's pretty special.

I am soooo looking forward to the entry and selection process. I had no delusions of grandeur that I would be even in the event so having felt the joy of being selected I cant wait to watch the other participants go through it as well.

After this weekend at the Gauntlet and being a part of something special, I'm going for this one. Competition amongst friends is a great experience and having experienced the Morgan Cup from behind the camera a couple years ago, I know that it magnifies every aspect of friendship, camaraderie, competition, and lt creates some long term bonds that will never be broken. I hope a lot of folks enter for the Cup, it's pretty incredible.
I am glad to hear this, bro. I would love to see you in the MC.

To be fortunate enough to be able to participate this year would be phenomenal. Wishing everyone all the best who would enjoy a spot.

Talked about this with Buck alot over the weekend and thought about it alot as well as I was playing. I know I have a long way to go to get ready. I have never played in any golf competitions. Already looking to see where I can get some experience. Going to rely on my local THP'ers to help me out with this portion of it. Going to start doing alot of reading over the winter to try to get myself mentally prepared. I know you cant really prepare yourself for the pressure until you are in the thick of it but I want to make sure I have the tools necessary to minimize the pressure on the things I can control like reading greens, different clubs from different positions (club up, club down) etc. I know its a long way off but there isnt a day that goes by that I A) dont think about it and B) do not appreciate how truly lucky I am.

Its something special isnt it!

Cant help but grin every day about this one.

It's a game changer man. The Morgan Cup is a special time. It makes you work extremely hard. I went from a 30+ to about a 16 down there. Was able to be competitive in all my matches, and played the best 9 hole stretch of golf of my life on Sunday in singles against Icey. You will do great bro and I am hoping I get to share this process with you!

My only thought would be to not overthink the competition aspect of the Morgan Cup. There is useful preparation in learning the nuances of match play, figuring out generalities about what you want from an equipment perspective, and working to have your game in the best shape it can be in so that win or lose you can come out of the weekend proud of how you played and represented your sponsor and THP regardless of the win/loss record.

I know in the past some competitors have gotten lost in the competition and individual record aspects and forgotten just how much fun they were having...which in my mind defeats the point of participating.

My only thought would be to not overthink the competition aspect of the Morgan Cup. There is useful preparation in learning the nuances of match play, figuring out generalities about what you want from an equipment perspective, and working to have your game in the best shape it can be in so that win or lose you can come out of the weekend proud of how you played and represented your sponsor and THP regardless of the win/loss record.

I know in the past some competitors have gotten lost in the competition and individual record aspects and forgotten just how much fun they were having...which in my mind defeats the point of participating.

1 thing I can absolutely guarantee you is Win/lose/or draw I will have fun doing it. Being on a golf course, regardless of pressure, is always fun to me. Add 31 other THPers and I cant imagine it not being the time of my life. Also, holding the Morgan Cup after we win and watching Wardy blinking with tears rolling down his little face will be the icing on the cake.

Nice dude! I hope you get to see the other side of the camera in 2014!!

1 thing I can absolutely guarantee you is Win/lose/or draw I will have fun doing it. Being on a golf course, regardless of pressure, is always fun to me. Add 31 other THPers and I cant imagine it not being the time of my life. Also, holding the Morgan Cup after we win and watching Wardy blinking with tears rolling down his little face will be the icing on the cake.

Dude, you WILL have the time of your life. Other than getting married and my daughter being born, The Morgan Cup is next on my adult life events scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back