What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 1 under 35 on my sim round.

38/34 for a 72

It was a par 60 ;)

Played Caledonia yesterday and shot 42/41 83. 12 of 14 fairways, but only 9 GIR and 31 putts. It was a decent round, but still struggling with my irons. Confidence level is not very high.

Today we played Thistle in really tough conditions. Rain and wind for first nine. Then very windy with gusts to 30 mph on the back. Not much fun. Still hit 12 of 14 fairways, but only 7 GIR and 38 putts (ugly). This was a very discouraging day. 42/47 89. Lost my cool on the back. Two more days in Myrtle Beach to find my iron swing and then on to the Sarasota Gauntlet.

Played Caledonia yesterday and shot 42/41 83. 12 of 14 fairways, but only 9 GIR and 31 putts. It was a decent round, but still struggling with my irons. Confidence level is not very high.

Today we played Thistle in really tough conditions. Rain and wind for first nine. Then very windy with gusts to 30 mph on the back. Not much fun. Still hit 12 of 14 fairways, but only 7 GIR and 38 putts (ugly). This was a very discouraging day. 42/47 89. Lost my cool on the back. Two more days in Myrtle Beach to find my iron swing and then on to the Sarasota Gauntlet.

Just remember it is two more NEW days. What's in the past is done. Play your game and believe in yourself. Myrtle is too great of a place to loose your cool. Hang in there Vman! Your best Myrtle golfe is ahead of you man!

JM

Thanks JM. Myrtle is one of my favorite places to play golf and I have two more top courses to play here this week. The weather is supposed to be better and I'm anticipating better play tomorrow. We'll see.

Thanks JM. Myrtle is one of my favorite places to play golf and I have two more top courses to play here this week. The weather is supposed to be better and I'm anticipating better play tomorrow. We'll see.

You got this! Positive thoughts. It's one of my favorite places as well. Never got to take a honeymoon. Some years later we went to MB with some friends to play golf. Nine months later my pride and joy was born. MB is special to me too. I will NEVER have a bad round there.

As a slight coincedince, yesterday was my 24th anniversary. As a result, I'm going to predict an 80 for you tomorrow. That's 8 (the second number of my daughters age 18) plus 2 (the first number of 24). I may be all wet, but that is my wish for you. What have you got to lose right?

assuming you play a par 70. Why was I thinking a par 70? I do not know.

JM

Went out and stunk it up with a 93 today. After last two rounds at 82 and 84 it was a huge disappointment

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

75, with three 3-putts. Ouch they hurt

This afternoon got in my last practice round before The Gauntlet. Played Chapel Hills Golf Club which has hard, fast bermuda greens. Hopefully a good warm up for what I'll see this weekend.

Shot 38/44 for 82. 9 FIR, 8 GIR, 31 putts ( 7 1-putts, 9 2-putts, 2 3-putts). 3 penalty strokes, 3 sand shots (2 greenside, 1 fairway), no sand saves. 3 Birdies, 5 pars, 7 Bogies, 3 dbl bogies. Did not play the Par 5's well today - 3 dbl bogies and a bogey.

Bring on The Gauntlet!

My last round I shot 40-34 for a new PB and 1st time ever breaking par for 9 holes. Whats crazy for me is that I left a few shots on the course in that I chunked 3 shots and somehow missed a 3' bird.

My last round I shot 40-34 for a new PB and 1st time ever breaking par for 9 holes. Whats crazy for me is that I left a few shots on the course in that I chunked 3 shots and somehow missed a 3' bird.

Congrats on the PB!!

Great round and congrats on the new PB!

46-45=91. Really was a terrible round, but had a birdie and a few pars that make the score look a little better.

I could only get in 13 holes but shot 6 over on a tough course. I made some careless mistakes but things are looking good heading into this weekend.

I could only get in 13 holes but shot 6 over on a tough course. I made some careless mistakes but things are looking good heading into this weekend.

Love seeing our team coming into the weekend strong, nice job gents!!

My game is really coming together lately. It's to bad the weather is turning cold. I shot a 41 with 11 putts playing 9 holes last night. This is WAY under my handicap, so it looks like those swing lessons are really starting to pay off. I think the really soft greens help too as I found 4 approach shots that just stopped in their divots.

Nice work AH.

My game is really coming together lately. It's to bad the weather is turning cold. I shot a 41 with 11 putts playing 9 holes last night. This is WAY under my handicap, so it looks like those swing lessons are really starting to pay off. I think the really soft greens help too as I found 4 approach shots that just stopped in their divots.

congrats on the solid 9!

46-45=91. Really was a terrible round, but had a birdie and a few pars that make the score look a little better.

not bad buddy. Not sure where you played but it was pretty windy in Albany.

not bad buddy. Not sure where you played but it was pretty windy in Albany.
Frear Park and the wind was BRUTAL. Plus, our tee time got moved up (and nobody told me), so I had no time to change and played in my dress pants and dress shirt.

It was...weird.

Funny how that works huh? :) It's always a cool moment when you realize that you're simply getting better. The same thing happened with one of my partners and me...we played a lot this season and kinda assumed we were low teen caps. Then we entered our scores for a tournament and had that "holy crap" moment...we're mid single cappers.

Threat of rain today, but we played anyway (Renault Winery Golf Course in South NJ). Sprinkled during the front 9, dry on the back 9. 41-43 - no sh**ks!

Congrats Jericho.

Played The Oaks Course in Covington in some pretty good wind today shot 42/40=82, 64.3% FWs, 33.3% GIRs used 34 putts with two 3 putts. No penalty strokes and one sand shot. Had one double and no birdies as the greens really gave me fits.

Finale broke 80 again, marked a 78 after about 10 days of not even touching my clubs.
On the back 9 I shot 8 pars and a triple :/
On the front 9 I shot 4 bogeys, no birdies, 5 pars.

Par is 71 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back