Callaway X2 Hot & X2 Hot Pro Irons Preview

I keep looking at these and I'm still indifferent on the looks. They're not ugly but not wowing me either.

I'm sure they'll perform though.

I not sure I like these. Sort of reminds me of the old Cobras. Maybe the will look better in person.

After further review... I don't care for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not quite sure what to think of these. They look decent. I'd have to see the Pro irons in hand. I am not a big fan of the looks at this point, I like last years much better. However, if they perform anything like last year's XHot irons it doesn't matter what they look like.

One thing that really stands out to me about the pros is the lack of a undercut cavity. That looks much closer to something like the X-Forged than it does to the XHP. Looks smaller too.

The jury is still out on these....didn't really blow my socks off

I like them. I had a set of XF Calloways but they were too chunky. These are better looking. I also liked the X Line before like the X Hot 24's.

These look hella good to me, except the orange x

I'm liking the looks of my X Hot irons a lot better. Looks was a move back if you ask me.

THP in hand pictures of the new line coming from Callaway Golf. You can read all the details on the THP Home page.

i-czzXqMB-L.jpg

i-CvT6mx6-L.jpg

i-dmc9nxj-L.jpg

i-PF6nfKN-L.jpg

i-FWBNDgV-L.jpg

i-ZDGPh2p-L.jpg

i-p88KfDp-L.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of these yet...based solely on the pictures. Maybe it's the badging on the back of the iron? Could they have molded the X2 logo and painted it rather than the plastic pieces glued on the back? Just not sure yet.

im excited for these

I don't mind the looks too much really, they seem to follow the XHot tradition just fine.

I have been looking around at diff pics. Maybe they look better in person, or not.

If you want to like how these look just take a peek at the Bio Cell irons...these are forged blades compared to those haha. I hope I have enough game for some Apex irons otherwise I'll likely throw these into a "get in the bag battle" with the AP1s.

I love these. Remind me a lot of my G10s and the new Mizuno JPX EZ. Love the Speed Step 85's in the non pro model as well.

New photo from Callaway on FB:

1450734_10153467387120640_1407007979_n.jpg

Those must be the standard x2Hots? You know the more I see them the more I think they are packed with technology and can launch a ball high and straight and get you closer to the hole to make those all important birdies.

Are these going to be cast again? Or will these be forged this year for the first time?

Just from looking at the pictures I have to go with the original XHP's. But all that really matters is how they preform. So when they come out I won't shy away from giving these a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think the X2Hot looks better than the X2Hot pro personally. But i'd go with my XHot Pro from this year first I think. Except for the Apex's. those are beaut's!

These irons really surprised me at our fitting for the Grandaddy. I was not expecting them to feel like they did, and I was expecting the normal rounded look the X series has had for a few years now. It came down to these and the Apex Pros and I chose these! These are serious performers.

These irons really surprised me at our fitting for the Grandaddy. I was not expecting them to feel like they did, and I was expecting the normal rounded look the X series has had for a few years now. It came down to these and the Apex Pros and I chose these! These are serious performers.

What was it about these that swayed you?

I picked them too Freddie. I thought they balanced out better for me, looked great at address, felt great, and they were long.

Back