The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
History of Auburn's football success >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> History of Duke's football success. That factors into things.

So how about Art Briles at Baylor then? I'd put them and Duke on about the same level.

Did Florida really lose to Georgia Southern today?

Did Florida really lose to Georgia Southern today?

Big time, according to the stats they were dominated and GSU did not complete a pass.

Does coach of the year even matter?
And frankly why wouldnt it go to Saban again?
Does everybody forget how hard it is to win every game and continue to do it year after year?

When did Coach of the year turn into the biggest turn around? I guess that officially eliminates really good teams from ever having coach of the year because frankly they dont have enough down seasons.

I have a feeling if the shoe was on the other foot, same fans would be screaming that how can you give a guy coach of the year when they lost to us and we are undefeated. Its not taking anything away from the accomplishment, but lets not forget its not as if they are winning the NC this year and those coaches should not be overlooked.

I understand your reasoning, but Saban is never going to win coach of the year when he can get any recruit that he wants. Same way that Coach K will never win basketball coach of the year. Coach of the year tends to go to whoever coaches the team that overachieves the most.

So how about Art Briles at Baylor then? I'd put them and Duke on about the same level.

Not a bad comparison, but here's a stat for you: Duke has won as many games this year than they won in my entire 4 years that I attended (1997-2000 seasons). They have also had 3 winless seasons since 2000, and a total of 10 wins in the 8 seasons before Cutcliffe arrived. It's not an understatement to say that Duke was the worse BCS program by far in the early and mid 2000s.

Me too.
For some reason I really want to see a FSU vs Ohio St game.
Maybe Auburn can beat Alabama or something.
Im not sure what is worse though. Alabama winning again. Or this thread if Auburn wins. :D
FSU v OSU would be a great championship game to watch for sure!

Coach K has won coach of the year. Multiple Times.
Then what about Urban or Jimbo?

I will never understand the idea that great teams cant win coach of the year.
FSU has not been relevant in over a decade.
Ohio St was a joke and has not lost a game in two years.
Why on earth would they not be in the discussion along with the other undefeated, just because a team is winning a few more games than normal and not playing for all the marbles.

Why on earth would they not be in the discussion along with the other undefeated, just because a team is winning a few more games than normal and not playing for all the marbles.

When I just went down the list of CotY award winners it's terrible save a few choices.

2012Brian KellyNotre Dame
2011Les MilesLSU
2010Gene ChizikAuburn
2009Brian KellyCincinnati
2008Nick SabanAlabama
2007Mark ManginoKansas
2006Greg SchianoRutgers
2005Joe PaternoPenn State
2004Urban MeyerUtah
2003Pete CarrollUSC
2002Tyrone WillinghamNotre Dame
2001Ralph FriedgenMaryland
2000Bob StoopsOklahoma
1999Frank SolichNebraska
1998Phillip FulmerTennessee
1997Mike PriceWashington St
1996Rich BrooksOregon
1995Gary BarnettNorthwestern
1994Bobby BowdenFlorida State

Ok game is about to start let's get focused and who gives a poopy who wins coach of the year

I understand your reasoning, but Saban is never going to win coach of the year when he can get any recruit that he wants. Same way that Coach K will never win basketball coach of the year. Coach of the year tends to go to whoever coaches the team that overachieves the most.

Not a bad comparison, but here's a stat for you: Duke has won as many games this year than they won in my entire 4 years that I attended (1997-2000 seasons). They have also had 3 winless seasons since 2000, and a total of 10 wins in the 8 seasons before Cutcliffe arrived. It's not an understatement to say that Duke was the worse BCS program by far in the early and mid 2000s.

Saban did win it.

I'm definitely not opposed to Jimbo winning it, same with Briles.

Briles took Baylor to their first bowl in 15 years and now they're a couple of wins away from a possible BCS Championship game. Cutcliffe's done a great job and deserves to be in the conversation, but I just think there's a solid argument for multiple guys this year. Gus, Briles and Cutcliffe are in my Top 3 for sure. Gary Pinkel at Mizzou deserves a ton of credit, too.

I'm definitely not opposed to Jimbo winning it, same with Briles.

Why not Urban?

I love how everyone just pretends tOSU doesn't exist.

This guy hasn't lost in like 4 years.

Miller
How can Jimbo Fisher not be in your conversation?

Irrelevant team for a decade all of the sudden arguably the best in the nation.

Why not Urban?

I hate Urban, I'll think of why he shouldn't win later.

16 of 41 for johnny football...that's impressive

Will Muschamp will be available for any team looking for a D Coordinator.

Why not Urban?

I said he should be right in the middle of it earlier.
I will never understand why an underdog has to win it and if it does, how Jimbo Fisher is not the runaway winner. If not him, Urban or Saban should win it. Both schools are unbeaten, and in the conversation. Apparently a coach has to come to a team that stinks and then wins. I would assume that if Auburn coach wins it this year and then next year they go undefeated and win the national championship, none of the Auburn fans in this thread would think he deserves the coach of the year right?

I said he should be right in the middle of it earlier.
I will never understand why an underdog has to win it and if it does, how Jimbo Fisher is not the runaway winner. If not him, Urban or Saban should win it. Both schools are unbeaten, and in the conversation. Apparently a coach has to come to a team that stinks and then wins. I would assume that if Auburn coach wins it this year and then next year they go undefeated and win the national championship, none of the Auburn fans in this thread would think he deserves the coach of the year right?

Those damn Auburn fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back