The Movie Review Thread

I had to do a quick google to make sure you weren't talking about "Heat" (starring DeNiro/Pacino/Kilmer). That movie is awesome.

I loved "Heat" but "The Heat" with Sandra Bullock & the chick from "Mike & Molly" was terrible.

I was reminded today why Kingdom of Heaven is such an amazing movie.

I was reminded today why Kingdom of Heaven is such an amazing movie.

I want to love Kingdom of Heaven, but it just doesn't work for me. Pacing is off, mostly. I would kill for a great crusades era movie. Big history buff from anything crusades to us civil war. This one just slightly misses the mark. Some great moments, sure, but not the total package (like Jennifer Lawrence hehe).

I won't give anything away but for the Hobbit fans the Desolation of smaug was freakin incredible!

And thanks for the info in Wards gas, I'll come respirator equipped to the TM testing lol.

Saw it yesterday with the family and loved it. A few changes from the book but nothing major. Most done to move the story along. The quickest that almost 3 hours has gone by for me in a theater.

Saw Saving Mr. Banks.

It was pretty good. I was lost for some of it but it came together and was really good.

We watched Man of Steel Sunday and I really liked it. Not a dull moment.

I've seen American Hustle twice now. Just flawless in my eyes. When my dad saw it, He got lost. But to be fair, he was pretty exhausted from work. The thing I love about the movie is that you really have to look into the multiple layers that David O'Russell presents. If you just look at the surface of everything, I won't like the movie quite as much as a few today. Once you understand some of the deeper meanings of the plot, the movie is just superb. The acting is top notch. If I were to guess who gets nominated for what: Christian Bale (Best Actor) Amy Adams (Best Actress) Bradley Cooper (Best Supporting).

Yep. You read that right. I left Jennifer Lawrence out. She had maybe 15-20 minutes of screen time, which doesn't warrant a Oscar nod in my eyes. Granted, Christoph Waltz had 15 min in Django last year and won, so there's that.

I've seen American Hustle twice now. Just flawless in my eyes. When my dad saw it, He got lost. But to be fair, he was pretty exhausted from work. The thing I love about the movie is that you really have to look into the multiple layers that David O'Russell presents. If you just look at the surface of everything, I won't like the movie quite as much as a few today. Once you understand some of the deeper meanings of the plot, the movie is just superb. The acting is top notch. If I were to guess who gets nominated for what: Christian Bale (Best Actor) Amy Adams (Best Actress) Bradley Cooper (Best Supporting).

Yep. You read that right. I left Jennifer Lawrence out. She had maybe 15-20 minutes of screen time, which doesn't warrant a Oscar nod in my eyes. Granted, Christoph Waltz had 15 min in Django last year and won, so there's that.

Can't wait to see it but with my schedule I can almost guarantee its a DVD rental for me.

I am PUMPED for The Wolf of Wall Street. Hoping to see it tomorrow

I am PUMPED for The Wolf of Wall Street. Hoping to see it tomorrow
I am too. My only issue is that it is going to be 3 hours long. I hope it has a good pace to it or it could be a LONG 3 hours.

Saw Saving Mr. Banks.

It was pretty good. I was lost for some of it but it came together and was really good.

Going to see this tomorrow. Can't wait. We're huge Disney fans and have been looking forward to this for over a year when it was first rumored.

Just saw Catching Fire yesterday. Better than the first one in my eyes. Woody Harrelson and Stanley Tucci are freaking perfect haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

We rented We're the Millers Monday. Wife and I lol'd like stupid idiots through this movie. I did NOT lol during the dance sequence.

Also watched 2 Guns and thought it to be pretty fun.
Spoiler
I still don't really understand why the Navy was involved in any of that, though.

Ward's farts......don't even. I had nightmares for weeks.
My nose still has a twitch when I think of that night.

I thought it was terrifying. Just predictable. That was it's downfall.

The Purge was awful.

We rented We're the Millers Monday. Wife and I lol'd like stupid idiots through this movie. I did NOT lol during the dance sequence.

Also watched 2 Guns and thought it to be pretty fun.
Spoiler
I still don't really understand why the Navy was involved in any of that, though.

My nose still has a twitch when I think of that night.

The Purge was awful.

We're the Millers was hilarious

Ward is a stinky stinky little man

The Purge was one of the most awful movies I have ever seen. Just cony cheesy fake drama and suspense. I wanted everyone to die by the end of it including the kids. Haha

Saw Saving Mr. Banks today. Really well done. A lot different than I expected. Much more emotionally draining. Emma Thompson was brilliant. So was Tom Hanks.

Finally got around to watching some movies off my list:

Green Lantern - not great but a cheesy watch

The Wolverine - thought it was borderline ridiculous

This is the End - I liked it, stupid, but I liked it.

Girl Most Likely - absolutely hate Kristin Wiig, but the movie grew on me.

I got Despicable Me 2 for Jen for Christmas and we sat and watched it yesterday afternoon - like the first one, it was enjoyable to watch and had us laughing quite a bit

Next on my list to pick up is hopefully Red 2, got the first one, but apparently the second one is just as good, if not better according to people here who have seen it

Next on my list to pick up is hopefully Red 2, got the first one, but apparently the second one is just as good, if not better according to people here who have seen it
Definitely!

Going to see Wolf of Wall Street right after work with the GF. I will report what I think

Anyone else see the trailer for "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner? That looks like it could be pretty good!

Going to see Wolf of Wall Street right after work with the GF. I will report what I think

Look forward to hearing about this one. This movie looks great.

Saw this a couple weeks ago, but if you have little kids, Frozen is a great movie. We took our daughter to it for her first movie (2 and a half), she seemed to enjoy it. My wife and I enjoyed it as well. Olaf the snowman was awesome.

Back