The Movie Review Thread

Mrs. SAM and I went to the movies last night for the first time in ages - and chose Gravity in 3-D. All I can say is WOW. This was the first 3-D movie either of us has been to, and it really did enhance the effects of this film. We can give Gravity 4 thumbs up - it is one awesome movie, and what I thought was an odd pairing of stars in Clooney and Bullock was not - excellent work by both, and a movie that kept us riveted throughout.

Saw gravity in 3d and the visuals are outstanding, but for me it was kinda boring and obvious plot. But again a good looking film.

We saw Gravity in 3D yesterday and the movie is just awesome visually, they nailed the weightlessness effect and the views of the earth were beautiful. I enjoyed the entire movie my wife did say that parts of the movie were too slow and that was her only complaint. There are several elements of the movie that are absolutely unbelievable but one of the reasons I love movies is the suspension of reality that they provide.

Gravity: would a 12 & 14 year old enjoy this one?

Has anyone seen Ender's Game yet? Seen a couple trailers on the TV and could be tempted....

Recently watched Olympus has fallen and it was good. It had a lot of die hard elements but I did enjoy it, and Gerard butler is excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We watched this a couple weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like you say, along the lines of the Die Hard plots

I think I need to convince my wife to watch the 1st Thor movie with me, so I can set up the 2nd on coming out next week and we can go see that. She's not a huge fan of those type of movies, but once she see's one (Like the 1st Captain America) then she wants to see the 2nd one. Going to have to spin it that she might like it because Natalie Portman is in it. (Crossing my fingers)

I think I need to convince my wife to watch the 1st Thor movie with me, so I can set up the 2nd on coming out next week and we can go see that. She's not a huge fan of those type of movies, but once she see's one (Like the 1st Captain America) then she wants to see the 2nd one. Going to have to spin it that she might like it because Natalie Portman is in it. (Crossing my fingers)

Wait, she hasn't seen it yet?? My wife loved that one - even more than the first Cap. In fact, her birthday is the week after 2 comes out and we are going to go see it for her birthday. Kind of a tradition - movie for Christa's birthday.

Wait, she hasn't seen it yet?? My wife loved that one - even more than the first Cap. In fact, her birthday is the week after 2 comes out and we are going to go see it for her birthday. Kind of a tradition - movie for Christa's birthday.

GOOD! I'll tell her that, that might help! Thanks Ryan!

GOOD! I'll tell her that, that might help! Thanks Ryan!

No worries. Maybe if she likes it and you tell her I said she would, she will let you come to town for a round soon, before the snow flies! :clapp:

I watched a movie called "Blue Chips" last night on Netflix, have you guys seen that? I thought it was going to be about a small family run Mexican corn tortilla chip factory, turned out to be about basketball. So disappointed. :bulgy-eyes:

No worries. Maybe if she likes it and you tell her I said she would, she will let you come to town for a round soon, before the snow flies! :clapp:

Survey says!?!?! X

As much as I would LOVE to, and it will happen again by the way. The rest of the year is the busiest time of the year for me at the dealership. With November, I'm taking off a long weekend for Thanksgiving and Callawaygolfpro and I will be up home in the NEK. Then December, other than Christmas, will be spent in my second home (this office). Best case scenario, I get to take my clubs up home over Thanksgiving and we can find a course between your place and the NEK to play, that's my guess.

As for the movie, she wasn't feeling well today, so I'm going to try and see if she wants to watch it later this week rather than going to bed early. Then maybe I have a shot at seeing it in the theater with her and getting a date night out of it.

I watched a movie called "Blue Chips" last night on Netflix, have you guys seen that? I thought it was going to be about a small family run Mexican corn tortilla chip factory, turned out to be about basketball. So disappointed. :bulgy-eyes:

Shaw...penny hardaway and nick nolte...good one

Survey says!?!?! X

As much as I would LOVE to, and it will happen again by the way. The rest of the year is the busiest time of the year for me at the dealership. With November, I'm taking off a long weekend for Thanksgiving and Callawaygolfpro and I will be up home in the NEK. Then December, other than Christmas, will be spent in my second home (this office). Best case scenario, I get to take my clubs up home over Thanksgiving and we can find a course between your place and the NEK to play, that's my guess.

As for the movie, she wasn't feeling well today, so I'm going to try and see if she wants to watch it later this week rather than going to bed early. Then maybe I have a shot at seeing it in the theater with her and getting a date night out of it.

Good luck with the date night. I'm planning a full night for my wife's birthday that will include going to the movie, and eating at Herford House.

I know about busy at the dealership this time ofyear. My dad was in the business when I was growing up, plus I tried my hand at car sales(I sucked at it, btw). It's funny you mentioned the trip to your folks, Nick and I have been PMing this morning about getting together next month for a round or two and he mentioned you were all heading that way. If we figure something out, I may drag one of my brothers along.

Skimmer alert
Plan on going to see Ender's Game. Hope it comes close to the book cause I loved the book.

tappin from my big as note2

Took the kids to see "Ender's Game" this afternoon at the theatre - we all (myself, 12 year old son, and 14 year old daughter) really enjoyed it. Definitely worthy of a rental IMO.

I thought it was going to be cheesy kid in space thing but was FAR from it. I'd even watch it again.

Took the kids to see "Ender's Game" this afternoon at the theatre - we all (myself, 12 year old son, and 14 year old daughter) really enjoyed it. Definitely worthy of a rental IMO.

I thought it was going to be cheesy kid in space thing but was FAR from it. I'd even watch it again.

What did you think of The Great Gatsby?

Hmm the previews didn't do anything for me so I had no intentions of seeing it, but I may have to rethink that.

On another note, the new Thor movie did not disappoint!

What did you think of The Great Gatsby?

It was a solid movie. I wouldn't watch it again (not enough action) but a decent movie all in all.

It was a solid movie. I wouldn't watch it again (not enough action) but a decent movie all in all.

Yeah I wouldn't rewatch it but I don't often rewatch movies. But I enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would.

Man of Steel.

Pretty good until the last hour +. Most boring movie in a long time.

Finally got around to watching The Hunger Games. Not what I expected at all. Enjoyed it.

Finally got around to watching The Hunger Games. Not what I expected at all. Enjoyed it.

Have a friend that works for panavision and was on set for this second one and has been on set for the 3rd and 4th movie that are being filmed in GA right now. His been in industry for years and says the production has been the best and biggest his ever seen.

Day of traveling, get home and go see Catching Fire with my daughter. Really well done.

Man of Steel.

Pretty good until the last hour +. Most boring movie in a long time.
'

Without the useless 45 minutes of fighting in Smallville it would have been infinitely more enjoyable. It just needed better editing and about a half hour trimmed from the run time.

Back