What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent time THPing and bought a Cleveland Classic XL 12° driver.

Played golf with a bunch of THP'ers.

Thanks Nate and BigTex for having us out!!!

Went to the range while the wife cleaned her closet. Through an X-flex in my driver to see what would happen, lowered LA and height, tightened dispersion but wasn't getting the carry as with my stiff shaft.

Talked to my instructor/fitter about it and think tipping my shaft will be best of both worlds.

Also talked to him about irons and going with a combo set for next yr.

Also talked to him about next yrs lesson plan and progression to where I want to be. Lots of winter work ahead.

Finally got to play a little thanks to a break from the frigid temps. Walked 9 with a buddy. After a slow start I managed to play the final 4 holes bogey, par, par, birdie. My ball striking was very solid, which was a welcome surprise, however I was struggling with me short game. We played the whites and I found myself with a lot of 50-70 yrs shots that I struggled to hit the green. These shots are definitely something I need to work on. After the round I went to my local shop to begin familiarizing myself with the odyssey putter line. I also got the hit the demo aprex 6 iron! All and all a great golf day.

VIDEO0073_0000338254_1_zps272ec011.jpg

Wrist is starting to feel better so got out for a little practice.

Played 4 holes, with some thick fog!

Hit some range balls, practiced putting, and played 18.

Nothing till now. Just doing some THPing while at work. Gotta catch up!

THP'ed, pretty much spent all day watching football while rolling putts in my basement. Just put together an entry for the TaylorMade MC Contest.

Played 8 holes it was 56* here today

Played 18 holes, THP'd, recorded my TaylorMade Instagram video and cleaned and packed my golf clubs for Disney World!

Hit the driving range after work. I'm thinking that this might be the last warm day of the year, up here in MO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked at my KBS Tour shafts and ferrules and thought to myself..."it's time to get these shafts in!" Project begins this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to the range during lunch and played a few simulated holes, trying to keep away from just pounding balls downrange. Would hit driver, then hybrid, then short iron, then wedge and then work myself back up to driver. Also talked to the equipment guy at the club about fixing the ferrules on my irons, since he said it would be a minimum of 2.5 weeks wait to get them back from the warranty work.

So I drop them off on Thursday to be fixed and he's going to knock them out while I'm at work and then I can pick them up that afternoon.

Made arrangements to play Wednesday and Friday. Gave my mom the new carry bag I bought her. Got my old Ping Craz-E lite bag back, put my stuff in it. :)

craze%20gray%20yellow.png

Played 9, two balls on each hole. Then worked on the putting green until it got dark (about 45 mins). Was actually the only person at the course as they closed up shop when I was on 8.

Went to our fitter, Dana Upshaw's, shop to get a wedge bent and just chat him up for knowledge. This guy is an AMAZING fitter, and his knowledge of the craft is just something to behold. Every time I go in there, I learn more, and just want to stand around and ask him questions all day long.

His head and shafts selection allows him to build over 80,000 clubs for a fitting. Yes, that's a big, giant number. I'm certain he could fit someone by sound alone. OG, Dawg, and maybe a couple others know this guy. He's amazing and I want to buy his place and learn 1/10th of what he knows.

He showed me the APEX fitting stuff he got from Callaway just the other day. He has three heads and seven different shafts, so I think I'm going to have to go check out all the shafts and see which does what.

Played 9 on the sim league. Now just THPing all night and Big Break.

Played 18 @ Bear Lakes CC - Lakes Course, Overall Course/Facility is excellent, greens were almost perfect, I played poorly. We played the Black tees 7k yards, they have a gold tee 7500 which is crazy tough. The Course hosted the 1995, 2001, and 2009 PGA Tour Qualifying School. Saw Brooks Keopka in the parking lot but did not realize it was him until I left.

18 holes with Jacqui, one of the course marshalls and another guy. Jacqui almost had a hole in one!

18 holes at my home course, and about 30 minutes each on the pitching and putting areas. Not the best round of golf but I got to practice some trouble shots ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Went down to my basement tonight and hit some balls with some irons, hybrid and driver. Wish my roof was another foot taller so I could get a full swing with my driver. but hey ill take what I can get.

Shipped out clubs to thpers

Shipped out clubs to thpers

Woot woot! I'm going to get the wedge bent to 55* to see if I want to go to 50-55-60 with my next set of wedges instead of my current 52-56-60 set up. And getting a pink superstroke put on the versa then wrapping that baby for the gf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back