Getting invited to play in "the Game" by the head pro
Tranquility of the course
the swishing sound of grass fluffing up on a good practice swing
Crisp iron shots
Deep drives

In the spirit of the holidays - I thought this thread needed to be brought back to life. I'm not going to name names, but you people know who you are. Say something nice.

I like:
1. A well played shot (properly struck, good flight path, hitting my target).
2. Walking in between the shots enjoying the fresh air and nature.
3. Having good laughs with good friends and good people during the round.

Three things I like about playing golf:

1) Watching the ball flight of a well-struck long iron, and having it hit the middle of the green
2) Getting up and down for par after a wayward drive
3) Spending time with good friends, playing the greatest game ever devised.

1. Hitting a brand new ball!
2. The sense of accomplishment that a birdie gives - is it possible to not smile after making a birdie?
3. Watching friends enjoy every great moment that has been mentioned in this thread.

In the spirit of the holidays - I thought this thread needed to be brought back to life. I'm not going to name names, but you people know who you are. Say something nice.

Thanks for bumping this Diane.

1. A nice drive down the middle.
2. Regardless of the score I always leave the course feeling great.
3. Great times spent with great people.

I started playing at age 49 and have never done anything that is both challanging and as enjoyable as I find golf to be.

:clapp:

I like the whole golf package. It's one of the few things about which I am organized. I like setting tee times three weeks out. I like getting up in the morning and getting ready to leave for the course: putting on sun screen, checking the car for every thing, etc. I like these little rituals even more if my playing partners are completing theirs in a timely manner. I love: getting to the course with plenty of time, tipping the bag boys a couple bucks for loading the carts, heading in to sign in and wet a couple golf towels while the girls head to the range, heading down to the range to warm up and watch the girls hit some balls.

I enjoy chatting with whichever starter is working before teeing off; Joe, George, or Charlie, Invariably, I have the same but different conversation depending on who's working. Joe knew my Father pretty well, so there's usually a tidbit of talk there that is fun.

I really make a day of golf a day of little rituals, especially the lead up to the first tee shot. When the lead up is a relaxed, pleasant experience, I often play very well. We'll no longer be at the same club next year, and while it's a bit disconcerting, I look forward to establishing a set of new rituals next year.

Kevin

I must say, golf is a very humbling sport...I love wearing the outfits :D but its the camaderie and the meeting new people that's fun :)

I like being with good friends.
Holding the pose after a pure shot and watching the ball fly.
A nice chip that does exactly what i wanted it to do.

1. Being out on the golf course with friends
2. Knowing it is you against the course and the satisfaction of improvement that practice brings.
3. That one (or more) shot(s) per round that brings you back another time even if you did not play well.

Hitting a GIR, can't think of anything that feels better than a cleanly hit iron shot that sticks on the green... double/triple bogeying one hole, wanting to "quit golf forever", but instead making par on the next and deciding the game isnt so bad after all ;-) and being in the great outdoors, no matter the weather, carrying my bag instead of being at work!

wanting to "quit golf forever", but instead making par on the next and deciding the game isnt so bad after all ;-)

That one made me smile. For me - all it takes is one good shot to make me come back again.

1 A well executed shot from anywhere.

2 Peace and quiet

3 The challenge of par.

That one made me smile. For me - all it takes is one good shot to make me come back again.

That's what we always say. When one of us makes a really good shot during a round, its "That's the one that'll bring you back next time."

That's what we always say. When one of us makes a really good shot during a round, its "That's the one that'll bring you back next time."

A wise old man told me that I should aim for one good shot on each hole in the new year.

number one has to be friends I get to play with.Even if they weren't (not knowing them before round).
Next is a birdy that comes from a well executed shot(few and far between)
Last...I'm not working(chores or job)I'm golfing

I missed this one the first go-round. Here are a couple of my favorite things.

1. Hitting that perfect shot and hearing nothing but feeling how great the shot was.
  2. The smile that spreads across my face after executing that perfect shot.
  3. Enjoying the time spent with great company even if they cheat a little.
  4. Seeing the smiling face of the little girl on the first tee that is selling a cup of lemonaide for a quarter and selling me my golf ball that I lost last week for another quarter.

An honorable mention, showing up to a course to play it for the first time and having the Marshall love the course so much that all he can do is brag about it and smile while he does it. The first time I played Turnberry in Pickerington the Marshall asked if we had ever played the course. Our response was no. He said "Well you're in for a good time." He went on to tell us about the way the greens were set up and tell us all kinds of things about the course. I could tell he loved his job and loved his course.

A wise old man told me that I should aim for one good shot on each hole in the new year.

That's some great advice. I'd take it if I were you. :D

Kevin

The putt you know is in as soon as it leaves the clubface.
A nice draw that slides in behind the bunker and runs back to the hole.
A drive that never leaves the center of the fairway and get a really nice bounce.

Heck I'm usually satisfied with 1 good shot out of 130.Keeps hope alive.

1.Chipping in,pitching in or holing from out of the bunker.
2.Holing a seemingly unmakeable putt.
3.Watching a well hit drive scream down the middle off the 1st tee.

1. A long, hard putt (also a short easy putt).
2. Hitting the ball with a wedge.
3. The shoes.
4. getting out of the sand.
5. The sound of the ball garbling around the bottom of the cup
6. Wearing matching cloths that look good.
7. The feel of a birdie.
8. putting for eagle.
9. time at the range and on the chipping green.

Those are just a few of my favorite things about golf.

Back