Yonex EZONE XP Hybrids Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those THP'rs lucky enough to have attended a THP Demo Day (or participated in a subsequent forum testing) can attest to the fact that Yonex is a company that may not be a household name (today), but produces high performing equipment. The new XP line of metalwoods features some cool technology that I'll highlight below. All items in the series have similar technology, but this thread will focus on the hybrids.

POWER BREAKTHROUGH

Revolutionary Dual Tungsten Power [DTP] System delivers ultimate power output.

The EZONE XP range features the YONEX Dual Tungsten Power [DTP] System - an innovative engineering breakthrough that produces maximum power and distance. The newly designed DTP System, featuring Tungsten in both the grip and club head, works in conjunction with the Lightweight Shaft.
The result is a swing that delivers an explosive power breakthrough with the same effort, adding more yards to your game.

ClubFlexLoft*Lie*Head WeightLengthSwing Weight
#3 R/S/SL19°58.5° 236.5g40.5"D0
#4R/S/SL22°59°242g40"D0
#5 R/S/SL25°59.5°247.5g39.5"D0

*Loft, lie and face angle are independently adjustable.

L/H available in #3 R/S/SL and #4 R/S/SL.

This is a fully adjustable hybrid that features a Carbon Composite Crown (which enables weight manipulation to improve launch conditions), and backweighted grip with 20g of Tungsten powder at the butt end.

Stay tuned for updates, but for now, enjoy some pictures...

DSCN3740-L.jpg

DSCN3699-L.jpg

DSCN3706-L.jpg

DSCN3733-L.jpg

DSCN3734-L.jpg

DSCN3736-L.jpg

DSCN3700-L.jpg

DSCN3723-L.jpg

DSCN3707-L.jpg

DSCN3730-L.jpg

DSCN3732-L.jpg

DSCN3724-L.jpg

DSCN3712-L.jpg

DSCN3737-L.jpg

DSCN3738-L.jpg

Incredible photos, Hawk. This one looks right up my ally. Shape, design, and gorgeous.

Holy sexy looking. So I am guessing you can't just slap on a different grip without messing up the swing weight?

Dang that looks good. I really like the looks of that at address. I really want to hit some Yonex clubs after all I heard at Demo Day.

• Staff
Holy sexy looking. So I am guessing you can't just slap on a different grip without messing up the swing weight?

I would think you're on the right track with that Jesse. I'm sure there's a way to work around it of course, but just changing it without any consideration would definitely affect balance.

I would think you're on the right track with that Jesse. I'm sure there's a way to work around it of course, but just changing it without any consideration would definitely affect balance.

Either way, I am in love with the looks of these. Can't wait to hear how they perform.

• Staff
For those that like an open face, this is one click open by the way. Looks very very nice to me.

DSCN3740-L.jpg

Stop teasing me Hawk.

For those that like an open face, this is one click open by the way. Looks very very nice to me.

DSCN3740-L.jpg
Oooh, I bet I could put a move on that one.

Nice Hawk!! That is one nice looking club. I currently have the Yonex Ezone 19deg 3 Hybrid. I like the XP version, love the adjustability. Seems to be a trend.

Here's a little graphic on the adjustability.Shows the driver, but it's the same with the entire line.

2828.jpg

2829.jpg

Very nice looking club. I can't wait to see how it performs!

Looks awesome. Love the way it sets up.

Great looking club. Thanks for the pics, Hawk.

I've only hit one Yonex hybrid in my life, and it was simply "un-missable". Gotta hear more about this one; pretty club.

A lot of buzz around TMAG and Callaway but, for me, Yonex has my full attention. Can't wait to hear how it performs for you.

Those are some sharp looking hybrids and can't wait to hear how they perform. I've never hit any of these before so I'm going to have to next time I get the opportunity. Ryan is this the first time that they have put some weight up in the grip?

Can't say historically, since they are a pretty established company, but this is their only recent line featuring counterbalancing to my knowledge.

I did take a few quick swings with this last night. Not even close to enough to give any sort of feedback in terms of performance, but the shaft felt nice and the club was well balanced. Some with either love or hate the head shape. It's on the larger side and definitely more of a fairway wood-ish shape/size.

These look awesome. Reminds me a bit of the Titlest Hybo's maybe? Love the adjustability options as well. Would love to get my hands on this.

These look pretty cool. Really curious to see how that tungsten weighted grip idea works out.

Some with either love or hate the head shape. It's on the larger side and definitely more of a fairway wood-ish shape/size.

For whatever reason, I've always favored that style head on a hybo. I thought the hybrid was one of the few spots in bag not up for renewal but I can always be swayed.

Very nice design, looks sleek and sets up well. I wouldn't mind taking a few hits with it.

I like the compact shape combined with the flashy style, very nice!

Nice photos and great looking club! Looking forward to the thoughts on both the club and the setup with the back weighted grip.

Love the lines and colors on that hybrid, and the entire line for that matter. If given the chance, gotta hit this one!

Back