The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm that's how I have to fly...are their prices through Amex better than delta.com?

They were for me this morning. $47 cheaper per person. Not sure why or if that is common, but it worked.

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when it comes to booking trips. Just be sure to duck when the pillowcase full of soap bars come swinging at you

They were for me this morning. $47 cheaper per person. Not sure why or if that is common, but it worked.

FYI, are you aware of Yapta.com? It can do flight fare tracking for you, and also track flight fare drops after you purchase the ticket.

Im sitting here grinning because I know she is going to kill me. I mean murder me dead.
This escalated quickly. From yesterday kicking around the idea to today, me booking tickets without telling her.
Pray for me buddy, because she is going to hit me with a sock full of dimes.

Man, she was not happy. But no beating. She knows its worth the trip and it will be a good time. Just so many expenses this month with the new wrap on the Tour Van and getting all of the 2014 events prepared.

I think club reviews, shaft reviews, golf ball reviews should all go away. They just get in the way of all banter, contest and free stuff. Why do reviews no one cares about, just saying.

Glad to here you are ok JB. I am sure you guys will have a great time.

Glad to here you are ok JB. I am sure you guys will have a great time.

Yeah, alive and well. She gave me the stink eye a few times, but no beating...Yet.

Yeah, alive and well. She gave me the stink eye a few times, but no beating...Yet.

If she starts asking if you have any loose change, or if you hear her in your sock drawer....RUN

I have no idea how we are supposed to afford this trip, but I should have known better. We have been married for almost 5 years now, when the man gets his mind set on something, nothing gets in his way. The trip sounds amazing, however, we don't even know if we can get a dog sitter yet, and we will pretty much be eating ramen noodles until February now.

I have no idea how we are supposed to afford this trip, but I should have known better. We have been married for almost 5 years now, when the man gets his mind set on something, nothing gets in his way. The trip sounds amazing, however, we don't even know if we can get a dog sitter yet, and we will pretty much be eating ramen noodles until February now.

Just be sure to splurge on some Olaf's once a week or so though too

But we can think about the memories from this trip over delicious Ramen Noodles.
And its a bit of an exaggeration.
And that trait is not always a bad thing.

But we can think about the memories from this trip over delicious Ramen Noodles.
And its a bit of an exaggeration.
And that trait is not always a bad thing.

Fine we can splurge on some ketchup and crackers too, but not the name brand stuff.

Ramen is not that bad. I lived off ramen, tuna, mac & cheese, and pb&j for over a year after I got divorced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think club reviews, shaft reviews, golf ball reviews should all go away. They just get in the way of all banter, contest and free stuff. Why do reviews no one cares about, just saying.

Freddie I cant agree more. It really bums me out that these guys works so hard on product reviews and they, for the most part, fall on deaf ears.

Is this a trip for pleasure I hope??

It is.

Is there no cans of Skyline left?

Plenty.

Freddie I cant agree more. It really bums me out that these guys works so hard on product reviews and they, for the most part, fall on deaf ears.

Please do not forget that there are literally hundreds of thousands of readers of THP each month (closer to half a million) and it is more than just a forum. We know who reads the home page and who doesn't and its fine by us. The guys that work tirelessly at it do an absolute amazing job.

It is.Please do not forget that there are literally hundreds of thousands of readers of THP each month (closer to half a million) and it is more than just a forum. We know who reads the home page and who doesn't and its fine by us. The guys that work tirelessly at it do an absolute amazing job.

I know that the home page reviews get clicks and read but isnt part of the review process for these guys to have people ask questions and get more information. Part of the process for the writers is that they have to familiarize themselves with the product so they can answer questions. That helps them formulate what they are going to write. I am not going to keep beating a dead horse though. I know the writers dont do it for pats on the back but from me, it would be nice once in a while to see people engage them in discussions on the stuff they worked hard on to bring us.

I'm smiling pretty hard right now. Jb and gg, that sounds like a very very similar conversation my girlfriend and I have all the time. I'm one of those in the mind it will happen and she's a rational thinker... good times :)

I know that the home page reviews get clicks and read but isnt part of the review process for these guys to have people ask questions and get more information. Part of the process for the writers is that they have to familiarize themselves with the product so they can answer questions. That helps them formulate what they are going to write. I am not going to keep beating a dead horse though. I know the writers dont do it for pats on the back but from me, it would be nice once in a while to see people engage them in discussions on the stuff they worked hard on to bring us.

The process begins with getting stuff for review, and ends with publishing said review. People can ask questions and they can update their findings ongoing, but it will never be a place where we dictate what people have to read or do. Despite what some think, its not part of the equation. We hope people as golfers enjoy what gets published, but its not why we do it and certainly will not be forced upon anybody.

The irony in it all is that people want to review themselves. People should ask themselves this question next time they want to review. Do they ever read the work of the other THPers that have done reviews?

The process begins with getting stuff for review, and ends with publishing said review. People can ask questions and they can update their findings ongoing, but it will never be a place where we dictate what people have to read or do. Despite what some think, its not part of the equation. We hope people as golfers enjoy what gets published, but its not why we do it and certainly will not be forced upon anybody.

The irony in it all is that people want to review themselves. People should ask themselves this question next time they want to review. Do they ever read the work of the other THPers that have done reviews?

Nail meet head. Thats the part that gets to me. Like it has been said 1000 times before, no one is forced to do anything here. But your bolded point is the part of the equation that grinds my gears so to speak. With that said, there are definitely people that do appreciate all the work that is put in so lets just focus on that.

I would say that these guys do such a solid job on these reviews that they really answer quite a few questions just be reading through them. There has really only been a few times that I have asked for clarification on a few things and I read through every review that goes up on the main page. James, Ryan, and Jake do an incredible job reviewing this equipment. There is a ton of value to that to these companies that send their product to Josh and Morgan. You pair these incredible reviews with the site traffic THP gets and these companies see the value to that. I would also say THP treats their staffers pretty dang well from my viewpoint for all the work that they do.

Fine we can splurge on some ketchup and crackers too, but not the name brand stuff.
Cheese Wiz is a good filler to if your wanting to splurge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back