Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def not muted to me, so probably not. That said, its not a harsh click, its just a Titleist click. I mean that.

Seth, I think you'd learn a lot and have a lot of fun trying them all out.

Truth. Light shafts are a treat. Much easier on the body with no really performance sacrifice.

#WPF

Cobra Tour Trusty's, of the 54 and 58 variety.

Shocking ponder, I know.

From what I am reading and seeing on Callaway's site and threads on here, I am leaning towards the Apex irons for the MC come July.

In an ideal set up, I'd go Apex 4-6 and Pro 7-PW. That setup is reeeeeaaaalllyyyyy appealing based on the results my fellow THPers have been talking about.

Oh, since it is #WPF, definitely looking at MacDaddy 2s. But I have a feeling we may see a new offering by the time July rolls around.

Oh, since it is #WPF, definitely looking at MackDaddy 2s. But I have a feeling we may see a new offering by the time July rolls around.

I'd be SHOCKED if they bring a new wedge already, I've been wrong plenty before, but I really would be stunned.

I'd be SHOCKED if they bring a new wedge already, I've been wrong plenty before, but I really would be stunned.

I was trying to figure out if they had brought them out every year or every couple. I would like it if they didn't, that way I can toy around with them this winter and spring so I can know what to expect this summer.

I do love the look of the slate gray MD2s. Wow.

I was trying to figure out if they had brought them out every year or every couple. I would like it if they didn't, that way I can toy around with them this winter and spring so I can know what to expect this summer.

I do love the look of the slate gray MD2s. Wow.

My exact thoughts with the Tour Trusty's. I've toyed with the 64 a lot here, but that won't be in my bag in Myrtle, would love to spend some QT with the 58, maybe post Christmas I can make it happen.

My exact thoughts with the Tour Trusty's. I've toyed with the 64 a lot here, but that won't be in my bag in Myrtle, would love to spend some QT with the 58, maybe post Christmas I can make it happen.

Short game is the emphasis this year. Especially at both of these courses in Myrtle. So important to be throwing darts from 100 and in. The greens are big, but there are definitely spots you don't want to be.

#WPF

Cobra Tour Trusty's, of the 54 and 58 variety.

Shocking ponder, I know.

Tuff call for me right now. Either them or get the wedges that match my ACs, I didn't realize that they made the sand & lob in the Amp Cell.
If I go with the ACs I can get the same shafts my irons have. Hmmm

Oh, since it is #WPF, definitely looking at MacDaddy 2s. But I have a feeling we may see a new offering by the time July rolls around.

I was talking to the manager at my local golf ago yesterday. Their Callaway rep had just been in with the new BB and mystery milled putters. I asked if he had any info on new wedges and he said there didn't appear to be anything brand new initially for 2014. Obviously this doesn't mean much, but you never know. I have been checking the used bin for 54 58 MD2s to begin to get comfortable with as well!

Depending on the loft of my PW, I could see 4 in my MC bag. Just not sure if it will be worth having something more than 60*. I love that they are available down to 48*.

Depending on the loft of my PW, I could see 4 in my MC bag. Just not sure if it will be worth having something more than 60*. I love that they are available down to 48*.

I'm torn the EXACT way, 4 wedges are a thought, but it's all going to depend on the loft of that Bio Cell+ PW

I'm torn the EXACT way, 4 wedges are a thought, but it's all going to depend on the loft of that Bio Cell+ PW

I likely skimmed a thread but I didn't know there would be a Bio Cell+ iron.

I see the regular Bio Cell at a 45* PW and a GW at 50*.

I would like that GW followed by 54 & 58 in a MB style wedge.

Oh there is more to come and it will be glorious.

Yes, when Jman posted the pics from the Cobra event he said that there were no in hand photos of the Bio Cell+ irons because they werent quite ready yet.

Gotcha, thanks guys! So much great stuff coming out its truly impossible to keep up with everything but I now have an OEM to focus on.

LOL that's the thing. Over the last two months I've played 5 different irons sets, 4 different drivers with 6 different shafts, different fairways and hybrids, etc lol. Most comfortable is a distant memory!

ddec, for the most part yes, but irons and the fairway are most up for grabs. I'll probably rock the X-Hot/Tour Blue because it's old reliable. Covert Tour is a lock I guess. I'm leaning towards the AP1's, but then I wonder if the heavy shaft will be an issue over three days. Imagine I'll be swinging a lot of clubs Monday, and then the golf of course. I was swinging a few different irons last night. AP1's are the longest, but how does that hold up over all the golf. In a perfect world I'd have some graphite for them. I considered the 588 Combo with the MCI's. Felt really good last night.

Either the SLDR hybrid or the X-Hot 4 wood. Or even the two Yonex clubs.

You know my vote is gonna have to go 588s!

You know one thing I like about those irons, aside from the shaft, dhill? The little white line on the bottom groove. Felt like it gave me a good point of reference for alignment. Not the only irons with that feature, but something I noticed last night.

I was talking to the manager at my local golf ago yesterday. Their Callaway rep had just been in with the new BB and mystery milled putters. I asked if he had any info on new wedges and he said there didn't appear to be anything brand new initially for 2014. Obviously this doesn't mean much, but you never know. I have been checking the used bin for 54 58 MD2s to begin to get comfortable with as well!

Very nice Andy. I am pumped for the 2014 odyssey line as well. Gah. Too much awesome to comprehend.

Very nice Andy. I am pumped for the 2014 odyssey line as well. Gah. Too much awesome to comprehend.

I have almost bought 7 Odyssey putters in the past 24 hours. You read that number correct. Talked myself into waiting for the new lineup...for now.

I have almost bought 7 Odyssey putters in the past 24 hours. You read that number correct. Talked myself into waiting for the new lineup...for now.

Man up. I bought a FW and set of irons.

Merry Christmas to me!

Man up. I bought a FW and set of irons.

Merry Christmas to me!

If only I could get paid per Vine video like you. Haha

From what I am reading and seeing on Callaway's site and threads on here, I am leaning towards the Apex irons for the MC come July.

In an ideal set up, I'd go Apex 4-6 and Pro 7-PW. That setup is reeeeeaaaalllyyyyy appealing based on the results my fellow THPers have been talking about.

That's a great setup there. I have the 3-7 and 8-PW in the Pro. I think I would really like to have the 7 in the Pro as well.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Yep, as Erik said, the +'s are gonna be something. Essentially take the Amp Forged (phenomenal irons) and improve the weighting and footprint even more. Yum.

If there is a set gw for them, I'll def rock it.

Yep, as Erik said, the +'s are gonna be something. Essentially take the Amp Forged (phenomenal irons) and improve the weighting and footprint even more. Yum.

If there is a set gw for them, I'll def rock it.

Can't wait to see these +'s you refer to sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back