What's the best and worst part of your game right now?

Best for me right now are my short irons. Seem to be hitting into the green pretty consistently.

Worst right now is probably driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best is by far the driver right now, the worst has to be putting it has been for a long time.

I'm right with you. My putting has become very streaky as I've gotten older. Last 2 rounds have struggled with speed badly. Have got to spend more time working on it for sure!

Drivers and fairway woods are my strength.

The worst part for me right now is the 3 wood off the deck. I seemed to have lost that shot for some reason.
I can kill that thing off the tee, but right now it's 50-50 that the ball gets higher than 10 feet from the fairway.
It's been like that for a couple of months now and driving me nuts.

The worst part of my game right now is waiting for Spring!

Best right now is off the tee. Getting very consistent in terms of distance and direction.

Worst right now is inside of 125. Having trouble with my short irons and wedges in terms of getting in position to score. Missing way too many greens.

Driver is my strength and approach shots are my weakness. Extremely accurate with the driver and very inaccurate with my irons. Such is golf.

Best part of my game is.....Its winter! Worse part of my game is....Its winter! NO golf for me till April.

BTW....winter sucks!

I would have to say right now would be my 3W and chipping/pitching. I think I have figured the pitching and chipping out but only time will tell. I still think most of my issues are metal, so as long as I can stay focused I can usually do pretty good.

Best..putting
Worse...everything else.

Pretty much how it is...going to work hard this off season to get the game fine tuned

Last edited:
Not being able to play and not being able to play!

Putting, short game and woods are all strengths, in that order. Hybrids are streaky, while irons with a full swing are the weak point right now. Fortunately, lessons are helping me get more on plane.

Best - Iron Play

Worst - inconsistency off of the tee box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best - Putting (SPi baby)

Worst - Tee Game (mental mental mental)

Since I mentioned my wife when going over my best and worst, I might as well add hers.

Best: Tee shots. Pretty much all of them, but specifically her par three tee shots. She consistently gives herself birdie opportunities.

Worst: Chips and pitches. It's the one part of her game that she just can't get consistent. If she can do that next year, she will be sub 80 a lot.

My putter and short game are the difference between a great round and a so so round. Ever since taking lessons frm my SPI instructor I have been rolling the rock. Takes so much pressure off the rest of my game

My putter and short game are the difference between a great round and a so so round. Ever since taking lessons frm my SPI instructor I have been rolling the rock. Takes so much pressure off the rest of my game

Such a great feeling. When I am putting well everything else seems to fall into place.

Best - Putting (SPi baby)

Worst - Tee Game (mental mental mental)
gotta get the tee game shaped up soon

Such a great feeling. When I am putting well everything else seems to fall into place.
A hot flat stick allows for more aggressive play tee to green.

I've lost the driver. Thought I had it figured out a while ago, now I'm back to slicing it pretty often. Best part? Probably 130 down to 40 yards. I was sticking some really close today and have been the last few rounds. Lots of scrambling.

Best part of my game is.....Its winter! Worse part of my game is....Its winter! NO golf for me till April.

BTW....winter sucks!

I was thinking similar thoughts, mine go like this . . .

Best: shooting under par for the first time in my life, not losing any golf balls, shots go exactly where aimed.
Worst: it is almost officially Winter, golf season here is a few months away, I have new irons on the way (truth) . . . then I woke up from a dream.

Chipping.. Working very hard on it though....

Best....80-120yds full swing wedges. Putting and short (under 15 yd) chips are also strong. Consistently around 30-32 putts per round, and its been a while since I've had over 36 putts. Only problem is this time of year practice gets cut down a lot due to early darkness, so that is slipping a lil bit.

Worst...currently woods. Seem to have totally lost my ability to hit a fairway wood, and my driver is very streaky. It's forced me to hit a lot of hybrids off the tee lately. Which isn't a bad thing, but would atleast like to get my 5 wood back...that extra 10-15 yds really helps with hitting greens.

If I can straighten that out, Im pretty sure I can break 80 this next season.

Best part of my game right now (has been all year) is the driver/any tee shot with a wood. I'm very confident I can hit the tee ball where I want on any hole, sometimes to a fault.

The part of my game that needs the most work right now is my mental preparation/attention for all shots. I find that when confronted with a tough shot I really get a specific visualization of how I want the shot to go but on easier shots I tend to just get up and hit it without much thought on ball flight, trajectory, specific target, etc. and will also lose awareness of conditions like wind, lie, stance that affect the shot.

Best would be pitching, worst is my long game.

Guess I know what to work on ;)

Back