2014 Nike RZN Golf Balls

Does it matter either way? Design or produce? still a Bridgestone ball with a Nike label.

Guys, let's just move on.

So back to the 2014 line. Is the RZN the same composition of years past or have they changed the formula for it?

I do find it interesting that Nike is renaming their top ball from the 20xi to the RZN when the One RZN was their lesser cost ball.

If you go back and look at our(thp) commentary upon the 20xi lines there are a lot of good things said about the product but it doesn't seem to have the overwhelming support that you would like it with your name notoriety. I think it's never too early for them to essentially make a product that they don't have to completely redesign and yet still have the opportunity to let it make its own name. I think if you would continue to use a 20xi it would lose its ability to be appreciated for what it is based on the merits of the past.

If you go back and look at our(thp) commentary upon the 20xi lines there are a lot of good things said about the product but it doesn't seem to have the overwhelming support that you would like it with your name notoriety. I think it's never too early for them to essentially make a product that they don't have to completely redesign and yet still have the opportunity to let it make its own name. I think if you would continue to use a 20xi it would lose its ability to be appreciated for what it is based on the merits of the past.

:confused2:

Don't confuze the RZN line of balls with the RZN Core. In JB's OP, he says Nike is continuing with the "...RZN core". The 20XI and RZN line of balls both have the RZN core.

The XI lineup is a 4-piece ball.
The RZN lineup is a 3-piece ball.

I do agree. I think the RZN technology has some merits. I don't think the 20xi line was anywhere near as successful as it needed to be. Keep the tech, scrap the name. I like that idea.

Sweet! I love RZN.

I do agree. I think the RZN technology has some merits. I don't think the 20xi line was anywhere near as successful as it needed to be. Keep the tech, scrap the name. I like that idea.

I hope their next ball had a formula tweak to the resin. The distance losses at lower temps was a bit staggering.

I hope their next ball had a formula tweak to the resin. The distance losses at lower temps was a bit staggering.

I will add that your idea of low temps may differ than most.

The One RZN X was the longest ball I played this year.

This year. There is zero denying though that the original RZN ball lost mass yards in temp fluctuations. They addressed that some this past year, thank goodness.

Not with our testing. His thoughts are pretty dead on and many believe that is the reason not a single manufacturer has moved to this core yet. We watched one company test it with varying temps and ball speeds and the distance differences were downright crazy.

This year. There is zero denying though that the original RZN ball lost mass yards in temp fluctuations. They addressed that some this past year, thank goodness.

New model was definitely better than the original but for me there was still a noticeable shortage when it got chilly. I hope they've rectified it for this upcoming ball cause it had some firepower when you caught one.

How cold are we talking?
Ice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New model was definitely better than the original but for me there was still a noticeable shortage when it got chilly. I hope they've rectified it for this upcoming ball cause it had some firepower when you caught one.

I agree 1000%

2014 Nike RZN Golf Balls

Not with our testing. His thoughts are pretty dead on and many believe that is the reason not a single manufacturer has moved to this core yet. We watched one company test it with varying temps and ball speeds and the distance differences were downright crazy.

I have no idea what the 20xi or xi-x would do. But again, the One RZN-X was the longest ball I played this year. I've said it a lot on the forum. It was everything I try to void with a golf ball, except for the performance. It's expensive. Not durable. It sounds clicky. But it was long and straight off the tee and held greens well coming in. Even with scuffs.

Last edited:
I found last years ball still to feel like a rock. Looking forward to giving this one a try since I am always trying new release balls looking fir the perfect fit. Got a chance to play the Callaway SR3 balls and was pretty impressed with those.

I found last years ball still to feel like a rock. Looking forward to giving this one a try since I am always trying new release balls looking fir the perfect fit. Got a chance to play the Callaway SR3 balls and was pretty impressed with those.

That's odd, I thought it played like a superball, springing off the face

I had similar thoufhts to you. Definitely a harder compression ball that can work for the right person. I just was not that person.

I'm really excited to try the new RZN Platinum.

Back