2014 Nike RZN Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There appears to be a new ball on the horizon for Nike Golf. The company is continuing with the RZN core. Right now we know of at least two different variations of the ball, as both Tiger and Rory had the new balls in play in their exhibition and they were not the same.

Suzann Pettersen used a variation of the new ball and won last week.

I haven't tried either of this years models but will definitely pick up some of the 2014 model and see what they're like. I kept hearing Tiger and Rory talking about using new balls while I was watching the exhibition match and wondered if there might be a new ball on the horizon.

Just heard on the radio that between the new ball and driver, he's putting up mid 180's ball speed and feels in control of it. Before, peaking 180 gave him too little control.

Could be a good 2014 for him if he gets the putter warmed up.

Will be fun to hear its specs when it becomes available!

• Admin
Just heard on the radio that between the new ball and driver, he's putting up mid 180's ball speed and feels in control of it. Before, peaking 180 gave him too little control.

Could be a good 2014 for him if he gets the putter warmed up.

Will be fun to hear its specs when it becomes available!

It will be very interesting to see if Tiger puts the new ball in play where it counts. His Nikes by Bridgestone stack is dwindling.

It will be very interesting to see if Tiger puts the new ball in play where it counts. His Nikes by Bridgestone stack is dwindling.

You'd think with the number you told me, that'd be a life time to work with. When in doubt, couldn't he just play the 330 in the mean time?

• Admin
You'd think with the number you told me, that'd be a life time to work with. When in doubt, couldn't he just play the 330 in the mean time?

There is absolutely no way he puts a ball in play that does not have a Swoosh on it.
I am not sure what is left, but I know what is left is all they have (as of now).
And based on some driving issues the last few years, I have a feeling that number has gone down a bit. :D

I'm good at drawing, we can fix some of that real quick hehe

Interesting. I know a few people who really raved on last years model.

The One-RZNx I have tried and wasn't thrilled about it (not a spinner), but it had some good points (good distance). I too will be interested to see if Tiger will be putting these in play.

I know that during the exhibition match I heard TW say a few times he was struggling to get the numbers he wanted with the new driver and more importantly the ball. He said that when he hit a draw the ball was basically diving out of the sky and getting very little hang time. It was quite interesting hearing them talk candidly, but DAMN does TW swear a lot.

I see this post and get excited. I like the Nike Ball and will give these a go when released

Now as to this secret stash of TW balls, are you serious?

I was wondering the same thing Tadashi?

I see this post and get excited. I like the Nike Ball and will give these a go when released

Now as to this secret stash of TW balls, are you serious?

Costco special

The Tiger thing is supposedly true, I know it has been said before that he plays a rebranded ball and one that is softer than any other tour ball out there.

I just about to post something about this last night after watching the HBSC last night, they were talking about how much Rory loved the new ball and that it was softer than the previous Nike ball but he was getting more distance and higher ball speeds. He was playing awfully dang good with it last night. I really would like to give these a go when they come out.

I was a fan of the One RZN X.

Hopefully these balls are better than the 20XI line has been

For some reason I just have zero interest in Nike balls now.

Cool to see Petterson have such success with it right away!!!

Coffee nearly came out my nose reading this hahahha. I love your early morning wit JB.

I am definitely intrigued by all the talk about the New Nike ball. I am going to be putting in work with the old tour D ball.

attachment.php

I've been playing with the rzn black, the replacement for the 20XI-X. I'm not consistent enough to notice a difference in distance, they are very comparable, but it is a little softer and isn't as loud. I notice the biggest difference with the putter. Anybody who likes the current ball should like this.

I will give a sleeve a shot, you have to see if it works for you.

I've never gotten along with nike balls really. I'm definitely curious on their new offering, though I don't expect I'd get along with them either.

Back