Odyssey Putters Thread

Putter looks familiar :)

Sorry for the bogus pic, but we were moving quickly all day.

I did spend about 30 minutes on the green with the #1 on Monday. I'll be up front and say that I wasn't as excited about these (beforehand) as some of the others might have been. I've just really grown to love the WHP insert and didn't really see a need to move away from it.

After an extended demo outside on some faster greens, I'll admit I was wrong. It's a great putter. Same balance to it as the WHP #1, but can be tweaked with weights if needed. The face is really nice. It's on the softer side. Not Fit Face soft, but still lower toned. Subtle feel I guess would be a decent explanation. What I liked was that I felt like the feel wasn't so far removed from the WHP that I'd feel like I was moving to something completely different. The milling definitely softens up the face.

And....I want a #1. Haha. Cant wait to roll these.

You definitely want one Ricky.

You definitely want one Ricky.

Just one? I am thinking I need a #9 and #1...Just to see which one I like better. Haha

Just one? I am thinking I need a #9 and #1...Just to see which one I like better. Haha

I'm such an Anser homer at the moment that I didn't even touch the other ones. Such a weirdo.

I'm such an Anser homer at the moment that I didn't even touch the other ones. Such a weirdo.

Yeah, I have become that way as of late. For Like 10-15 years I was a mid mallet guy. But I have had sooooo much success with the mFGP that I am thinking I need to go #1 style.

The #7 is a beaut Nate. I cannot wait to get mine

Yeah, I have become that way as of late. For Like 10-15 years I was a mid mallet guy. But I have had sooooo much success with the mFGP that I am thinking I need to go #1 style.

The CS mfgp? That's really different to a #1 style.

TTing

Never know though. There are some other things coming that might make people happy.

We got to talk to Austie and Koske for quite a bit. One thing that they mentioned was a new willingness on the company's part to expand lines with more versions. In the past, they were limited by advisors because they'd have all these models that didn't sell as many units sitting out there. More like niche products basically, but the people that wanted them REALLY wanted them. That's over now though. Green light to blow up the putter market.

TTing

I am aware but #1 is all that is available for LH's in a blade style.

Rub it in Taylor. Rub it in. Haha

Hahaha I don't think we will have them any earlier then they can be bought. I really loved the milled. It was softer than traditional milled and I was told by Greg that was due to the ovals in the milling pattern creating space between the metal giving it a different sound and thus a softer feel

Greg Sabella told me via twitter these will be available in January...

January sounds so far away.. but in reality its only a couple weeks.

TTing

I believe he's talking in size, both being blades, rather than actual headshape.

Greg dropped this tidbit on my yesterday, I can't wait to see what CS options are in the new/updated WHP line!

Secretly I'm hoping for a CS #7!

Greg dropped this tidbit on my yesterday, I can't wait to see what CS options are in the new/updated WHP line!

Secretly I'm hoping for a CS #7!

I'm excited to hear more CS models are coming regardless of line. I almost bought the WHP #2 CS multiple times this year, but the #2 design is not a favorite style of mine. Love the feel of the ball of the WHP insert though.

I'm excited to hear more CS models are coming regardless of line. I almost bought the WHP #2 CS multiple times this year, but the #2 design is not a favorite style of mine. Love the feel of the ball of the WHP insert though.
There are a lot of times, I miss my CS 2 Ball, I've had great luck with CS Odysseys over the years, I can't wait to see what they bring in 2014 on top of this mx milled line!

Even though most of you wont care, Mr Sabella confirmed to me via twitter that there will be nothing in the 2014 lineup for lefties in CS.

Yes you are the Rossie is off the hook. I cant wait to order mine.

Just watched the Callaway/Odyssey Talks video on the Metal X Milled. Definitely a neat conglomeration of previous model features. That #6 is beautiful.

With all the pics that have gone up, I think someone needs to create a new Metal-X Milled thread. Hint Hint. :D

Did the same thing when I rolled it. A lot of people got excited for the various heads available and I just saw the anser. Then I contemplated ways to make it disappear.

Darn you Donne!

Back