The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

There is a lot to focus on, below are a few things that might make you channel your inner George Lucas. Keep it going guys. Lots of spots and opportunities are still at hand.

image_zps5d27410d.jpg

When & Where
Friday, July 25th – Sunday 27th 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC

The Courses
True Blue & Caledonia in Myrtle Beach, SC will be hosting this wonderful weekend. These two award winning golf courses embrace the southern beauty of the once thriving rice plantations and offer unique challenges that will be thrilling and invigorating for the Morgan Cup.

Tour Experience
Each golfer that competes will be sponsored by THP in conjunction with a major company for the weekend of golf. The competing golfers will sign on with THP for the weekend and will be sponsored in full. Their contract is made up like this.

Staff Bag – Each golfer will be using a bag with the company logo.
14 clubs – Full 14 club deal is in effect. You must play all 14 clubs for the event.
Golf Ball – Playing the company branded golf ball best suited for your game.
Logo Apparel – Each golfer will be wearing the logo of their sponsor & scripting of apparel

Like actual tour golfers, each company has a different way of doing things. Some offer certain things that others do not. Each company is required to offer the above and if you are selected, you will learn more about what they are bringing to the table.

At the end of the Morgan Cup, each sponsored golfer will get to keep their entire sponsorship package. You must be 18 years or older at the time of the event to be a part of the Morgan Cup.

Mr. TheKong, you speak a lot of truth in your posts, and this one is no exception. I struggle with remembering that there are still a ton of spots left, and that with each passing contest that I don't get picked for, my chances are better on the next one (especially now that Nate has been claimed!) Just gotta keep putting in entries and hope the judges see something they like, and don't just hope for a single event or a single sponsor, like investing, diversity is the name of the game (or an old wooden ship, I'm not sure).

Mr. TheKong, you speak a lot of truth in your posts, and this one is no exception. I struggle with remembering that there are still a ton of spots left, and that with each passing contest that I don't get picked for, my chances are better on the next one (especially now that Nate has been claimed!) Just gotta keep putting in entries and hope the judges see something they like, and don't just hope for a single event or a single sponsor, like investing, diversity is the name of the game (or an old wooden ship, I'm not sure).

If my math is correct there are 16 remaining spots.

I know how you feel, my friend. I know it's a long shot, but we've got to keep trying. We owe ourselves that. In a recent contest, I thought I had a real chance. On degree of difficulty alone it was a really good effort. When it came up short, it really hurt. But, I'm back in the hunt and will stay in it all the way.

I hear that ! I don't know what's worse the rejection you feel or the waiting for the results.

Keep plugging away guys. You've all put in solid entries to the contests so far. Don't get discouraged and put in less effort. It's a marathon not a sprint. Keep doing what you're doing!

One thing I can say is, even if you dont get selected, don't get discouraged. Doesn't mean that you didn't do a good job. Maybe it's just not what the judges were looking for. The beauty of it though is that if you want to be part of a team competition and feel the camaraderie, THP is doing something that has NEVER been done before. You have #TheKing, The Gauntlet, and the #Grandaddy still on the docket for 2014. Get your entries in for everything and let the chips fall where they may. One more thing if I may, if you are not selected for the MC, do not let your support of the event stop. Although there are 40 people chosen, it is our job to bring you guys along for the ride and make you feel part of the process from start to finish. If you have the means to do so, I would recommend that you come down to Pawley's Island and volunteer. Help out behind the camera and come share in what is a life changing experience for all of us.

To all those who are discouraged and dont want to keep on keeping on.... get those voices out of your head. What everyone has been saying on here about getting selected and it will change your life, it is all true. I havent even got to experience it yet and I already have butterflies, a new found drive of self motivation and a new sense of pride in this avenue for all of us golfers. I know it is easy to say now that some of us have been selected, but based on the feelings I have had the last 4+ days, I would do 20 more vines if I had to.

I'll chime in a little here and backup what everyone is saying. I was very fortunate being picked in the second competition, however that hasn't stopped me from trying to encourage and make sure I read, watch every entry I can. All of you are doing amazing jobs being creative and putting yourselves out there. Getting discouraged and not trying is "bush league ". ( sorry, watch the marathon of big break last night). Also, as others have said if your drawing a blank reach out to out members for ideas.. I assure you we all want you in as bad as you do....

Lets focus on 16 FREAKING awesome spots remaining rather than what happens if/when people dont make it in

Lets focus on 16 FREAKING awesome spots remaining rather than what happens if/when people dont make it in

Agreed Michael. Just hate seeing people say they are going to stop trying because they didn't get picked yet. Just keep pushing.

Same amount of total spots available in the the first Morgan Cup.

No kidding, 2 whole freaking teams worth!

Spent some time gawking at the staff bag from this year's, so ready to get rolling with 2014!

Agreed Michael. Just hate seeing people say they are going to stop trying because they didn't get picked yet. Just keep pushing.

I resemble that remark :D.

It's the Morgan Cup and it's awesome no matter who gets in! I found myself falling into the what about me trap a couple times and you know what, it's not about me! It's about a journey for some friends of ours that get picked. They compete, bond, represent companies, THP! and most importantly, themselves, they also share that journey with the rest of us lol, what's not to be happy or excited about? If you don't get picked and feel left out or skipped over because you feel like you deserved it, then volunteer, it's just as fun as playing and and just as important a role you still get to hang out with everyone, hit some of the gear at the range, make some great friends, and help create memories for those around you.

So Far the entries have been awesome lol, and the contests have been fair, we've seen some incredible creativity that a lot of us didn't know we had or that others had lol. It's about a happy event and friends are happy for each other no matter what.

Be Happy!

We got a long waus to go to fill this thing up. I look at it this way...

Once most spots are filled my chances of getting in will be that much better since the number of entries will be narrowed down :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I just wish the contests winners were named to teams.
I've been filling out rosters for this, hoping that I get to write my name down also!

a7a9eqar.jpg

ybuge3eq.jpg

QFT, how amazing has this event become. It's evolved over time and keeps getting better!

Can't win a spot if you don't try! I didn't think I had a chance given all the great entries....but you never know! Don't get discouraged, chanel that into come creativity!

I've been filling out rosters for this, hoping that I get to write my name down also!

a7a9eqar.jpg

ybuge3eq.jpg

I've got something almost identical in a spreadsheet I'm keeping as the participants are named.

Cool to see it all put together like this MS! I hope you get to write your name down as well bud!!

I've got something almost identical in a spreadsheet I'm keeping as the participants are named.

Mine is set up in a word document :alien:

Mine is listed by sponsor, makes it easier for me to see how many spots are left for each team.

Bridgestone is about to get two more and Callaway right behind it! We're moving along people!

Can't win a spot if you don't try! I didn't think I had a chance given all the great entries....but you never know! Don't get discouraged, chanel that into come creativity!

This.

And my advice: be audacious. Think big ideas more than perfect presentation.

How cool is it that there are so many spots for just a couple of events that it takes up two pages. This only includes 2 of the 15 or so events in 2014. Goes to show how many amazing opportunites THP provides. Just outstanding.

It seems like this attitude is a bit overlooked, but it's amazing when you take a look back at sign-ups for this years Cup and realize that this opportunity is open to those who out of their way to impress the unbiased, non-THP judges.

Keep trying.
Keep trying.
Keep trying.

And check out the other amazing contests. The King. Eventually Grandaddy2. I keep saying it, 2014 is the year of 'something for everyone' here. Those who want it bad enough will get it in some form or another. I just hope I can get to enough events to meet more people.

Back