Calllaway Talks w/ THP In Studio

I was able to listen to the first 15 minutes at lunch and can't wait to listen to the rest. Probably going to be a few listens as so far it's all gold and I love learning about THP history.

Listening to it right now. Very intriguing so far.

What JB and Harry were saying about pricing over the last 20 years was really surprising. I guess I hadn't thought of that before.

Listening to this now. Thinking this is going to be a good one.

I'm 1/2 way in and loving how now JB seems to be interviewing Harry. I was like, 'wait a minute, why is HARRY answering so many questions?'. It's just a discussion and not really an interview. Now, onward to the next 1/2.

If I have a random question, it's great to know there are companies out there that will get back to you with an answer. It really annoys me when I ask a question and it just doesn't get acknowledged.
TrueTemper is on my list of bad companies right now. I asked TWICE, through two different avenues, about a certain shaft and never got a peep.

Just got in and fired this up. Love these podcasts!

Listened to this earlier while making dinner and tidying up - was very enlightening with regards to the origins of THP but also with how Harry has taken Callaway to where it is today

A very interesting listen and well worth the listen for those who haven't done so yet

Just finished listening to the podcast and really enjoyed the insight and some of the history (bomb squad) that you guys talked about.

It's strange, but to me JB's and Harry's voices are very similar. I sometimes catch myself having to double take to be certain who is talking.

That was a very enjoyable listen. Having been on THP a long time, it was interesting to hear the grown strategy talked about that I've seen in practice.

Ok, I learned a ton listening to that. Great stuff guys.

I find these conversations endlessly fascinating.

Great interview!

Josh, I could listen to you and Harry going back and forth for hours. Dan mentioned it before but the thing that really struck me was the part about companies responding to customers via social networking. I know I have felt slighted before and it really sucked. Part of me wanted to give the benefit of the doubt to a super busy company. But a larger part of me said that if a company is going to make themselves available through social media they better be able to interact with customers. Callaway has figured out a formula that many companies would benefit from emulating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is very cool. Just great how you guys are able to so comfortably and informatively talk like this. Always interesting to hear you guys talk golf and the industry. Love it.

This is very cool. Just great how you guys are able to so comfortably and informatively talk like this. Always interesting to hear you guys talk golf and the industry. Love it.

Mutual respect for two people with the same goals (in a general sense). Which is to inform and have fun doing it. Obviously his exterior goals are a bit different in terms of growth as ours are based on different factors than club sales, but to inform and have fun doing it make us quite compatible.

Just finished this. Awesome. Think I may listen to it again. Amazing the amount of respect between you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now that I am home and behind a keyboard and I'm thinking about what I heard earlier this afternoon while listening to this a few things stand out. I picked up on the fact that Josh and Morgan and THP never go backwards. They are ALWAYS doing things bigger and better. Josh, you mention being called crazy and told you'd never be able to pull off the things you envisioned, well look where THP is now. I also focused on how you want to bring the industry to us, you want us to be hand in hand with the companies that make the equipment we lust for. Well look at the calendar for 2014, not only just Callaway with #TheKing & #TheGrandaddy but, Ultimate testing playing with guys from Taylormade, #OwnTheSecondShot playing with the guys from Adams, SeeMore Putting Extravaganza playing with guys that will give us putting instruction on the greens. I'm sure Wilson Staff will be closely playing along in Chicago. How could anyone call you crazy with what you're bringing to the table?

EDIT: How in the world could I forget Bridgestone sponsoring the entire Invitational series?!?!

"If you can create actual memories and true memories, then you're on to something."

Wow, I am amazed how the two of you could talk that long, keep it fresh and coherant, sound so much alike (voices), and attack so many topics with enthusiasm all the way to the end. A number of things mentioned that struck me, like Harry's mention of the consumer really likes the "Movie Trailer" unvieling of equipment and the needs of companies to stay interactive with the consumers on a more personal level. A lot of spot on information, much of which is hard to pull off and only seeing the surface of it being scratched at this point.

Great show guys, thanks!

I've tried several times to listen to this in full... Finally getting the time

Only about 8 minutes into it and this is an amazing insight into how two very savvy people think and perceive the world of social media and consumerism. I feel like I am getting a solid edumication here.

I will give this the attention it deserves in the morning as I drink my coffee, I'm actually excited to hear it after everything that has transpired here recently.

Back