My favorite thing about 2013 was........

Golf: For me it was the Grandaddy hands down. Best golf experience of my life easily.

Non Golf: Getting my MBA and starting my first big boy job

Golf related has definitely been finding THP and becoming an active member.

Non-golf is the birth of my daughter in July. Was apprehensive about having a daughter because I don't know the first thing about little girls, but has been such a huge blessing.

Golf related: THP...simply put. The NJ and CT Invitationals, TaylorMade Ultimate Testing, The Gauntlet, the rounds with the growing contingent of NY THPers, and most of all, the friendships that I have forged from THP.

Non-golf: August 13...my nephew was born...on my birthday. It was a pretty special day. We also kind of look alike too.
e7ene3ad.jpg

The year started off with a bang when my first grandchild was born. I had no idea how much joy was coming my way. We made the move to be closer so I can be in her life and that has been the best decision ever. There's nothing like walking in, seeing your 11 month old grandbaby jump up and down clapping with a huge smile, reach for you and then give you a big hug. Better than the first hole in one I had this year.

Golf: Finally signing up to be a member and having so many amazing experiences so young with fantastic people in my first year: Illinois Invitational, TM Ultimate Testing, Ohio meet ups, and last but not least, the #Grandaddy. The friendships that have been formed on here is something no one else could comprehend, and for that I am grateful.

Non-golf: Staying on track in school this year and meeting the life goals I've set for myself in 2013.

Time to up the ante again in 2014 to make it just as special as this year.

The birth of my daughter. Second place would be The 2013 Morgan Cup. Third- buying a new house. Nothing else was really close.

I would say getting married was it

Oooh, tough. In NO specific order (I cannot do just one)

1) Finding out I get the opportunity to captain #TheGrandaddy2014

2) Finding out I get to experience the MC.

3) Tieing for an invitational win with one of my best friends and 1/2 of #Jmookie.

I guess The Grandaddy. It was really a non-descript year here. Same job, same house, same everything. Yep. The Grandaddy it is!!!

Playing Hole #18 with Ddec during Sunday Singles at True Blue.

Golf: The CT Invitational. This place became real on that day and I had an awesome time playing golf with DevRickus, DDec, and Motoo. Also getting to meet Jb, GG, MikeDean, Colt, Jlukes and so many others made it the memorable golf event of 2013

Non-Golf: deciding to buy an engagement ring... (2014 is going to be a fun year!)

Golf: Just the sheer amount of golf I was able to play this year. With no more licensing exams to study for, I was out on the golf course as much as I possibly could be.
Non-golf: getting engaged in January.

Golf: The Gauntlet, without a doubt. Amazing courses. I met even more, super solid, human beings. And it was the first of a bunch of THP events I played that was actual forms of competition. It sure wasn't the MC, but those matches were definitely something I hadn't experienced with a THP group before. It was awesome and crappy all at once. It's tough beating up on your buddies, watching them struggle, or just not being able to get something going, when you know they're out to try their best to win also. On the other hand, it's tough being teamed and knowing you shanked one or missed an easy putt that cost you, and your partner, a point. However, I think SethLaw really enjoyed the show he put on and the drilling he gave us.

Not Golf: I made it to 20 years married, watched my kid walk at his high school graduation (there was a time we didn't think that would happen!), and switched seats at my job (relieving a TON of stress) at about the same time. It was a good few weeks.

2013 is about to be in the "rear view" but I'll always remember it.
Golf:
I went from someone who just basically golf to get out of the house for a bit, to really working to get better, and THP had a big hand in that.
I've met some really amazing people here, I cherish that.
From early in the year playing with JB, War Eagle, and Wake in Florida, to road tripping solo out to Vegas for the Bridgestone Championship, to trekking down to Ohio a couple times to meet yet more great THPers.
My golf game also has begun a trip towards improvement through lessons. This trip will no doubt not be easy, but hard work, persistence, and dedication will pay off on the score card.

Non golf:
Having a friendship held in such regard that I was asked to be a dear friends best man in his wedding.
My oldest son graduating high school.
Seeing my oldest son go through the process of choosing a college.
Seeing my son get an offer to play college football and choosing a different school because the degree he wanted wasn't offered by that school.( also cost )
That son embarking on his journey to college, moving away was hard on everyone, but I'm proud of him.
Watching my youngest sons first varsity football game.
Helping out a coworker through a difficult time, even though it was very straining on myself.
I'm proud of my two sons, witnessing them do small things for people, from helping an elderly person with something, to volunteering their time to help others, to mowing grass, and shoveling snow for our neighbors.
It makes me smile that they view that others are just important as themselves.

So, as I prepare to say goodbye to 2013, I look forward to 2014 with great anticipation.
I know it will be a fantastic year!
I'm going to make it one!
CJ

My favorite thing was finding out that I am going to be a dad in April.

Golf: Getting involved with THP. First meeting DawgDaddy, Ole Gray and KellyBo. Could not have asked for 3 better people to introduce me to this community and tee it up with. Then randomly running into and then teeing it up with SeeMore Guy in the pro shop at Wolf Creek in ATL because I noticed his THP hat. Winning the ATL Invitational with cpljohnst was awesome, but attending my first Invitational was even better. Just putting faces to all the folks I talk with on just about a daily basis has been great. The feeling when I got the email from GG that I had gotten into the TM Ultimate Testing in January. Literally screamed like a little girl and ran around my living room.

Non-golf: Being at the Iron Bowl. I'll never forget that night.

Can't wait to see what 2014 brings.

Playing in the Morgan Cup and meeting new friends and seeing old ones too! It was just beyond awesome.

Golf: Getting more involved in THP and meeting and playing with other THPers. I hope to increase that in 2014. Also, overhauling my equipment, clubs, bag and all...that was fun.
Personal: Birth of my son last month (1st boy, have 2 daughters).

Golf: Pairing up with War Eagle and watching him carrying me to the finish line for the win at the Bridgestone Championship.

Non: Being at the hospital when my first Grandchild was born and getting to hold him for the first time.

My most memorable golfing experience had to be the alternate shot match at the Morgan Cup where INgolfer & I played WCBM & Thain.

Very tough match, emotionally draining, and coming out on top was the most exhilarating feeling I think I've had on the course.

I can still see and hear Bradd's emotion when he hit that shot from the 18th fairway. Just something else....

Just head to the 1 minute mark.......that was so Brad!

I have to say 2013 was a great year in golf too. Besides my grandchild, I must add some golf stuff that was really exciting this year!

• Joined LGA at a new course and made a lot of new friends
  • My first hole-in-one made while testing the new Bridgestone Precept ball - Pinky got the job done! I went birdie, HIO, birdie that day for -4 on 3 holes
  • 2 fly in eagles from 100 & 60 yards, one while testing the new Bridgestone Precept ball and the other with the old Precept ball (yes I LOVE that ball)
  • Buckjob and I winning the THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf championship at Reunion - THAT WEEKEND WAS A BLAST!
  • Tying my PB of 76 at my new course
  • Winning my Club Championship
  • Winning the Georgia State Senior Women's Association team championship - MY BIGGEST WIN EVER!
I think having a bad back must have helped my swing! I'm hoping for a healed back and another fun year of golf in 2014

Last edited:
CJ...What a great post. And it sounds like you have done a great job in raising your sons, for the oldest one to make such a wise and mature decision.

I certainly hope we get the chance to tee it up together in 2014...with or without the wig!!

I have to say 2013 was a great year in golf too. Besides my grandchild, I must add some golf stuff that was really exciting this year!

• Joined LGA at a new course and made a lot of new friends
  • My first hole-in-one made while testing the new Bridgestone Precept ball - Pinky got the job done! I went birdie, HIO, birdie that day for -4 on 3 holes
  • 2 fly in eagles from 100 & 60 yards, one while testing the new Bridgestone Precept ball and the other with the old Precept ball (yes I LOVE that ball)
  • Buckjob and I winning the THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf championship at Reunion - THAT WEEKEND WAS A BLAST!
  • Tying my PB of 76 at my new course
  • Winning my Club Championship
  • Winning the Georgia State Senior Women's Association team championship - MY BIGGEST WIN EVER!

I think having a bad back must have helped my swing! I'm hoping for a healed back and another fun year of golf in 2014
Congrats on an incredible year of success

September 14 at 4:26pm!! The birth of my son!!! Best day ever!!!!!

Back