Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I'm excited to see what these can do and what they look like in hand.

It's a nice hybrid.

If you're stuck on the RAZR X or original X-Hot, these will be quite different in shape and sound.

It's a nice hybrid.

If you're stuck on the RAZR X or original X-Hot, these will be quite different in shape and sound.

XHot hybrid is my favorite hybrid of all time. I am bit nervous that they went away from the Warbird sole as it was so helpful to me. But all the reviews and JB's endorsement of these has me feeling alot better.

No doubt that it's going to be different Ricky. Not a bad thing though. I think you'll find plenty to like about it.

No doubt that it's going to be different Ricky. Not a bad thing though. I think you'll find plenty to like about it.

Or I have to learn how to hit a long iron..haha

What's a long iron?

What's a long iron?

Tell me about it. It's like the illegitimate child that no one needs to know about in ever set of clubs I have ever got. It sits in the basement in the corner and doesnt get spoken to.

Maybe i've gotten used to my Taylormade hybrids, but anyone else think these just a little plain looking on the crown?

I prefer them plain. I think TM makes some of the ugliest hybrids there are. I have 2 XHP hybrids and love the plain gray

I also love the plain look of these hybrids. To me...they look...tough.

XHot hybrid is my favorite hybrid of all time. I am bit nervous that they went away from the Warbird sole as it was so helpful to me. But all the reviews and JB's endorsement of these has me feeling alot better.

The X2hots are heads and tails above the XHP, in my opinion. You will find something that works and you will be in love. Soon you will be saying "Xhot what?"

The X2hots are heads and tails above the XHP, in my opinion. You will find something that works and you will be in love. Soon you will be saying "Xhot what?"

How do they work out of the rough? I dont really have any trouble out of fairways with hybrids for the most part.

How do they work out of the rough? I dont really have any trouble out of fairways with hybrids for the most part.

You know I didn't get a real chance to try it out of the rough. But I will make sure I get some feedback for you when I get them in. The range didn't really have an are for rough. Haha

got to demo these saturday at golfsmith and think i have finally found the hybrid i want to upgrade to. now just need to decide on the pro or non pro version. loved the feel/sound of both at impact. the pro felt better to me weight wise and the look at address i preferred the smaller head.hopefully i can find a demo day outdoors to test before i pull the trigger.

I have 2 on order and have demo'd in advance of the order. Really like the look of these and the explosiveness on impact. The ball just jumps off the face with a mid-high trajectory. Definitely a few yards longer then last year's version and I believe easier to hit.

Ready to go to pound town.

e6udavy9.jpg

You may have said this already JB, but is it stock shaft for you in this one?

You may have said this already JB, but is it stock shaft for you in this one?

I will be using my hybrid shaft. The C. Kua 59s. However the standard shaft in this one is really good. I have just been using the same hybrid shaft for close to 4 years now.

I hope that this is a sign that the #DreamTeam will soon be contributing to these review threads!

I hope that this is a sign that the #DreamTeam will soon be contributing to these review threads!

I cant comment as I have had these for a bit of time.

Ready to go to pound town.

e6udavy9.jpg

so long DST. You served honorably and your years of service have been appreciated

so long DST. You served honorably and your years of service have been appreciated

That thing was a soul crusher. For this to be better...WOW...

I am getting the 20 degree pro and cannot wait for it to be in the bag.

The X2Hot hybrid is long. "Cray Cray" long. And, it's also really easy to hit. It's the first hybrid that pulled the 5W out of my bag.

#CrayCrayLong

Back