Round 2 - 2013 Morgan Cup Coverage

Caledonia is such a descriptive golf course. The fairways are fair but the trees are so thick. They protect the dog legs well. Have to golfing your ball to play well.

Caledonia is such a descriptive golf course. The fairways are fair but the trees are so thick. They protect the dog legs well. Have to golfing your ball to play well.

It's awesome how different her and her sister are and they are so close to each other. Wonderfully designed.

It's awesome how different her and her sister are and they are so close to each other. Wonderfully designed.

Outside of some similar foliage, these two sisters couldn't farther apart. I feel like I'm in two different stars when playing them. Even the greens were different.

Outside of some similar foliage, these two sisters couldn't farther apart. I feel like I'm in two different stars when playing them. Even the greens were different.

Totally true. Very very different courses. Requiring different shots and ways of thinking.

Totally true. Very very different courses. Requiring different shots and ways of thinking.
It's amazing that they are located so close geographically and seem so different when you are on both of them, even the 1st tees on both seem so different!

I have finally figured it out why I seem to drift off into a deep sleep during Round 2 coverage.

MWard your are lulling me to sleep with that voice. Sounds like you should be on Late Night with Delia. :)

Great stuff man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rewatched some of the round 2 video. Little more serious tone in this round for everyone now looking back. You can tell there was some grinding going on here!

Just rewatched some of the round 2 video. Little more serious tone in this round for everyone now looking back. You can tell there was some grinding going on here!
I loved alt shot with Jeff against Henri and Mike!

Still have mixed feelings on the format but I have a ton of great memories on this round. Tim and I fought our ars off!
That you did. Definitely scared the crap out of Freddie and I! I really do wish that match went the distance. For as much effort as you guys put into coming all the way back and taking the lead, you deserved 1/2 a point.

Still have mixed feelings on the format but I have a ton of great memories on this round. Tim and I fought our ars off!

I had mixed feelings before as I had never played it. But it was a ton of fun and really makes you think your way around the golf course as a team.

It wasnt as bad as everyone thought it was going to be. I remember those initial reactions were like the world was coming to an end

Castor and I were fine until the back 9 when neither of us could get off the tee box

I really enjoyed alt shot. There was strategy going in and you had to really over communicate with your partner. And then like everything else in golf you still had some interesting shots.

I still can't get over how good the shots that Chunky and I hit on 17 were. It was an awesome feeling with multiple teammates on both sides watching the end of our match, and then to hit 2 darts like that was pretty sweet.

I wasnt a big fan of the format before we played it but I have to say that playing with Cookie was a blast and we definitely had a memorable golf round with Thainer and WCBM. Came down to the last hole and there were definitely some clutch shots made in the last 4-5 holes from each of us. This may have been my most memorable round from this year.

I wasnt a big fan of the format before we played it but I have to say that playing with Cookie was a blast and we definitely had a memorable golf round with Thainer and WCBM. Came down to the last hole and there were definitely some clutch shots made in the last 4-5 holes from each of us. This may have been my most memorable round from this year.

So much truth. What a freaking blast.

So much truth. What a freaking blast.

Pace of play was also better. I would think that it would come back in 2014 given that 40 players will be in the event instead of 32.

Pace of play was also better. I would think that it would come back in 2014 given that 40 players will be in the event instead of 32.

I certainly hope it does.

I certainly hope it does.

I thought I read that it was, or maybe it was just a teaser that it might. I've never played it, but sounds like it's enough different that I'll need some practice on it.

Love watching/listening to this while I"m at work. I don't even have to see the picture, but the sounds are really soothing and entertaining at the same time. Watching/viewing amateur golf is really something I enjoy and the MC coverage is fantastic.

Round 2 - 2013 Morgan Cup Coverage

There was some awesome golf played in the second round by everyone! Tyno and I were gel'in. AS is such an awesome format. I've played it a few times and like it. I just watched this round again.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I loved it because every single shot was important. Even if it was just a layup shot, my teammate, the incredible #Cookie, was depending on me to make a shot that put us in a position to win the hole, and I relied on him to do the same. When you know someone else is relying on you to make shots it adds a lot of pressure and also a greater sense of accomplishment when you pull something off. There was a great amount of strategy involved so when you have a plan of attack it is up to two people to execute it properly instead of just relying on yourself.

I loved it because every single shot was important. Even if it was just a layup shot, my teammate, the incredible #Cookie, was depending on me to make a shot that put us in a position to win the hole, and I relied on him to do the same. When you know someone else is relying on you to make shots it adds a lot of pressure and also a greater sense of accomplishment when you pull something off. There was a great amount of strategy involved so when you have a plan of attack it is up to two people to execute it properly instead of just relying on yourself.

Which we both figured out at the turn. That back 9 was some amazing golf broski.

There was some awesome golf played in the second round by everyone! Tyno and I were gel'in. AS is such an awesome format. I've played it a few times and like it. I just watched this round again.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I re-watched rounds 2 and 3 again yesterday as a treat to myself. There was awesome golf played all weekend, and some great shots under pressure. I have to say I watched a little more intently this time, as you might expect, and tried to picture myself in some of the same situations. It helps to know the courses a little bit because you can appreciate the shot facing the player. On the short par 3 number 9 at Caledonia, for instance, when Ary drops a wedge in there stiff to a front pin location and I think his opponent steps up and drops one right next to him. If you have never played there, it's hard to know just how difficult that little hole can be even with a lob wedge in your hand. Of course, they both missed their putts, LOL, but what great shots to a pin that looked to be only about 10-12 feet from the front lip of that bunker and doom! Great stuff all the way through those rounds. I'll probably watch the action a few more times before July.

Back