Official Hole In One Thread

Congrats, that's pretty cool from Bridgestone.

Guy I'm playing with today. First time I've seen one
yhe7aha5.jpg

Holy cow that's sweet! Tell him congrats!

Ofer 41 years. Had a few lip outs and have holed out from as far out as 190 but no aces.

Took 30 years to witness my first. OLD lady - I'm guessing in her 80s. Fort Lauderdale, Jan 2002. From about 70 yards, she topped her DRIVER and the ball rolled all the way to the green and into the hole. "Did that go in?" she asked. "Yes ma'am, it did," I replied. "Wow. That's only the FORTH or FIFTH time I've done that," she said. "So, how many years have you been playing?" I asked, expecting to here 50+ years. Her reply: "Oh, about three years."

I used to throw clubs when frustrated after a crappy shot. That was the only time in my life I felt like throwing a club without hitting a crappy shot....

She made a bee line for the parking lot after the round so I did not even get a free drink. And yes, we discussed the tradition of buying drinks after an ace.

Ofer 41 years. Had a few lip outs and have holed out from as far out as 190 but no aces.

Took 30 years to witness my first. OLD lady - I'm guessing in her 80s. Fort Lauderdale, Jan 2002. From about 70 yards, she topped her DRIVER and the ball rolled all the way to the green and into the hole. "Did that go in?" she asked. "Yes ma'am, it did," I replied. "Wow. That's only the FORTH or FIFTH time I've done that," she said. "So, how many years have you been playing?" I asked, expecting to here 50+ years. Her reply: "Oh, about three years."

I used to throw clubs when frustrated after a crappy shot. That was the only time in my life I felt like throwing a club without hitting a crappy shot....

She made a bee line for the parking lot after the round so I did not even get a free drink. And yes, we discussed the tradition of buying drinks after an ace.

It's funny how that works out. I've been lucky to have made one but have had more than a few that have lipped out or hit the pin. It takes luck and a good shot (sometimes just luck). Keep plugging away.

One day, my birthday actually, me and a group of friends went golfing at a nearby course in Thomasville, GA. It's always been a tradition of mine to play golf on my birthday for as long as I've been playing, about 8 years.

Playing was myself and 2 others. One was not very into it and stayed on his phone the entire time. He actually left on about the 7th hole (Great friend huh). The other was my friend Drew.

Drew has always been the lucky type and on the second hole, about a 150 yard par 3 over water, he hit the most glorious shot I've ever seen. The ball one hopped into the hole and we went nuts! Obviously we noticed a couple surrounding golfers looking so we calmed down as much as we could and drove up there to retrieve his ball.

First one I've ever seen and so far the only one I've ever seen in person. It's magical. Awesome birthday present!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey THP, it's been a while. Been busy getting adjusted to the graduate life, moving in to my own place, etc. Last time I posted here the gf and I broke up. We're back together, stronger than ever, and I'm popping the question Christmas morning. But, even more important than that,it happened today:

Par 3 189 yards at Dead Horse Lake golf course in Knoxville, TN. Walked up to the box with a 5i thinking I would be able to play it close, but with the wind and the unseasonably warm weather I was feeling gutsy to say the least. Decided to swing for the fence with a 4i and just let what may be happen:

Hit the ball dead on and put a nice draw as the pin was set to the left of center, with a small undulation that sets itself in a nice pocket in the corner of the green. You can't see the hole from the tee box, but when I hit it I knew it was close. Buddy hit after I did and he drove ahead while I stopped to tie my laces. When he got over the crown of the hill I hear him say "I don't see your ball man." Naturally I get this flutter in my stomach, and as we approach the green it became obvious what had happened. Lying in the cup was my Bridgestone e6.

One day, my birthday actually, me and a group of friends went golfing at a nearby course in Thomasville, GA. It's always been a tradition of mine to play golf on my birthday for as long as I've been playing, about 8 years.

Playing was myself and 2 others. One was not very into it and stayed on his phone the entire time. He actually left on about the 7th hole (Great friend huh). The other was my friend Drew.

Drew has always been the lucky type and on the second hole, about a 150 yard par 3 over water, he hit the most glorious shot I've ever seen. The ball one hopped into the hole and we went nuts! Obviously we noticed a couple surrounding golfers looking so we calmed down as much as we could and drove up there to retrieve his ball.

First one I've ever seen and so far the only one I've ever seen in person. It's magical. Awesome birthday present!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey THP, it's been a while. Been busy getting adjusted to the graduate life, moving in to my own place, etc. Last time I posted here the gf and I broke up. We're back together, stronger than ever, and I'm popping the question Christmas morning. But, even more important than that,it happened today:

Par 3 189 yards at Dead Horse Lake golf course in Knoxville, TN. Walked up to the box with a 5i thinking I would be able to play it close, but with the wind and the unseasonably warm weather I was feeling gutsy to say the least. Decided to swing for the fence with a 4i and just let what may be happen:

Hit the ball dead on and put a nice draw as the pin was set to the left of center, with a small undulation that sets itself in a nice pocket in the corner of the green. You can't see the hole from the tee box, but when I hit it I knew it was close. Buddy hit after I did and he drove ahead while I stopped to tie my laces. When he got over the crown of the hill I hear him say "I don't see your ball man." Naturally I get this flutter in my stomach, and as we approach the green it became obvious what had happened. Lying in the cup was my Bridgestone e6.

congrats on you guys!

Way to go man, shot of a lifetime. Congrats!

Congrats on the ace! Which hole at Dead Horse?

Just an update: I was at a course in town & they have a place that does plaques. So I had one done.

e5yzesyt.jpg

Congrats, vol!

That's a cool looking plaque

Had my first ever hole in one today! Was on the 15th at my home club, Deercreek Country Club. 156 yds on the scorecard, was playing 160 with left to right wind. Hit a smooth 8 iron with a little cut, one bounce and into the hole. Had two of my good friends there to enjoy it!
#ApexPro

emy7abys.jpg

ety4ynyn.jpg

CONGRATS!!!!! :beer:

Awesome Troy. Congrats!!!

Congrats, Troy!

Had my first ever hole in one today! Was on the 15th at my home club, Deercreek Country Club. 156 yds on the scorecard, was playing 160 with left to right wind. Hit a smooth 8 iron with a little cut, one bounce and into the hole. Had two of my good friends there to enjoy it!
#ApexPro

emy7abys.jpg

ety4ynyn.jpg

That's awesome, congrats

Very nice. Congrats.

Congrats Troy, awesome buddy!!

Troy! Congrats!

Congrats! Super exciting! Just got my first in October. What a feeling! :)

Congrats Troy. That is awesome. Even better that you got to experience it with your friends.

#ApexPro

emy7abys.jpg

ety4ynyn.jpg

Congrats dude. That's awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Congrats Troy!! That's awesome and even better that your buddies there were to get a few drinks out of you as well.

Back