Dollar Shave Club

Crazy tip I heard, but it works. Oxidation (rust) is what causes blades to dull. If you dry your razor on a towel after using it will increase the life ten fold. Been doing this for years and it works. Heard it on Clark Howard, a penny pinching guru radio show.

I was talking razors with the guys at work today and one of them still uses his safety razor from Vietnam. I think every razor I have used has had a pivoting head. My question is...does it take a while to get used to the safety razor? I am not a fan of shaving, even though I have to every day, and I am really not a fan of spending a bunch of money on shaving equipment.

I was talking razors with the guys at work today and one of them still uses his safety razor from Vietnam. I think every razor I have used has had a pivoting head. My question is...does it take a while to get used to the safety razor? I am not a fan of shaving, even though I have to every day, and I am really not a fan of spending a bunch of money on shaving equipment.

It takes a few shaves, maybe. The learning curve isn't too steep.

The big difference, for me at least, is that I actually enjoy shaving now. Oh, and proper shaving paraphernalia is almost as addicting as golf gear.

It takes a little bit a couple weeks maybe depending on how quick you learn. I am not knocking you by any means but its a feel type of thing for sure. You can get pretty spendy on buying a razor, soap, brush if you decide to go all the way.

I do suggest you do plenty of research on the razors you have in mind. If you can find a place locally that sells them I would go talk to them. there are many different styles and shapes of razors out there, enough to boggle your mind for sure, brushes and lather is the same way. If you choose to buy a brush and lather bar buy a good natural brush.

Here are a couple links to get you started
http://www.groominglounge.com/shaving/shaving-razors?dir=desc&order=rating
http://www.razorsdirect.com/safetyrazors.html

one of my favorites lots of reviews and advice
http://www.shaving101.com/index.php/product-reviews/safety-razors.html

just watched the DSC video....it's effing hilarious!

with that being said, i hate shaving.
i'd rather eat dirt, or light my shorts on fire.

Awesome commercial!

Well I joined the club. I thought I was just going to get 4 razors a months. They sent (4) razors blades the handle and shave butter. The blades have the softening strip and an edger. Not bad for $9 a month
u8ubepyj.jpg
e9aha3e8.jpg
zezyduva.jpg
syqypera.jpg
yzydejag.jpg
ebyda6ur.jpg

I've been looking at joining bc razors are so expensive for my Gillette Fusion Pro Glide....let me know how they hold up and if they irritate your skin at all. My biggest issue is skin irritation around the neck area.

I've been looking at joining bc razors are so expensive for my Gillette Fusion Pro Glide....let me know how they hold up and if they irritate your skin at all. My biggest issue is skin irritation around the neck area.

They don't tend to irritate my skin that badly. If they start to, toss the blade and use a new one. Less worry when you have more automatically coming to you for cheap.

Been using it for almost a year now and I love it. I get the delivery every other month. Costs me $9 and the blades are good. I started off with the really cheap ones and they worked fine but I have really sensitive skin and wasn't getting as close of a shave as I am accustomed to so I moved up to the next level. Sooooo much cheaper than buying $20 a month blades. I get usually 3-4 shaves per blade. I got the shave butter also and didn't like it very much so I went with the GEO Trumper coconut shave lotion.

Works just like my Fusion Pro Glide did.

One of the best decisions I've made in a while was joining this, I've saved a ton of money and IMO the razors are just a good quality wise as this on the store shelves.

I hate to shave, and I have to do it every day (except Sunday). Seriously, if I DON'T have to shave, I won't. I'm not a really "hairy guy" but my facial hair grows stupid fast.
This is me this morning...I started growing this on the 19th, and I shaved around it this morning.

I've not heard great things about DSC in general. I started using the Blade Buddy with my disposable blades. Now I can make a blade last two months and then I'll throw it out. I think I could make it go longer, but with my steel like facial hair, two months, even with the Blade Buddy is enough for me. http://www.getbladebuddy.com/

My son and I both use them and will never go back.

Used to be a member but I found their supplier online so I buy an bulk direct from them and save even more money

Hmm... I sat at the drugstore the other night staring at razors, and laughed at the pricetag of $22 for 4 razors of the one I use. I had been using a double edge blade for a while, but with the change in weather as of late, need something a bit less harsh.

Might need to try these out.

Which package do most use?

I have shaved with mine 4 times now and love the closeness I get and the edger on the back works great.

The shave butter works well as well. Best $9 I've spent

Hmm... I sat at the drugstore the other night staring at razors, and laughed at the pricetag of $22 for 4 razors of the one I use. I had been using a double edge blade for a while, but with the change in weather as of late, need something a bit less harsh.

I go with the 4 blade personally. 6 blades just kinda weirds me out but that's me. If you've got a Sweetbay near you, go check out their Hannaford razor blades. Same thing, except I think those are 5.

I use the 6 blade package for $9

I go with the 4 blade personally. 6 blades just kinda weirds me out but that's me. If you've got a Sweetbay near you, go check out their Hannaford razor blades. Same thing, except I think those are 5.
Isnt the 6 blade just a Mach5 or whatever its called now with a 6th blade on the back for "edging".
I use the 6 blade package for $9
Thanks.

How do you know this?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/does-dollar-shave-really-save-1334930885394

At Dorco's website , you can purchase razors that look remarkably similar to those offered by Dollar Shave -- but with a catch. In order to get the best deal, you need to make a bulk purchase about the size of a Kleenex box. Consider: The highest-end Dollar Shave Club razor is "The Executive," with six stainless-steel blades, lube strips and a pivoting head, runs $90 over 10 months (razor plus 3 catridges per month). Dorco sells a six-blade model with the same features, the SXA1000. Buying directly from Dorco, a 10-month supply -- the razor plus 30 cartridges -- costs just $28.66. (Since there is a $25 minimum for free shipping, you'll need to store all those cartridges in your house for several months.)

In fact, Dorco appears to be the supplier for most of Dollar Shave's blades. Ken Hill, president of Dorco USA, said his firm sells Dollar Shave Club the four- and six-blade razors that are used in its packages, but not the Dollar Shave's two-blade option.

Well where the hell where you when I signed up, sheesh what good are you

Back