2013/2014 Tour Pro Equipment Changes

The clothes are fine but I hope he does not leave titleist!!!!!

Sorry but what I have been reading. He will be using Cobra irons.

Sorry but what I have been reading. He will be using Cobra irons.

This would naturally make me very happy.

As a Canadian, I was hoping to see him stick with Sligo, but also really cool to see him be successful and getting so much attention from companies, wanting him wearing and using their products.

The clothes are fine but I hope he does not leave titleist!!!!!

Titleist is great (I'm a huge fan) but there are other companies out there doing great things as well. I'm sure deLeat wanted a paycheck and I don't think Titleist pays too much for golfers to play their gear.

Wonder what what his official contract includes. Hybrids and irons with Taylormade fairways and driver?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Didn't really see the Els to Adams move coming.... This is a big time signing for them and hopefully a sign of things to come from one of the most under rated companies IMO

KG

Just Tapping Away

Sligo announces via Twitter that Graham Deleat won't wear their apparel in 2014. But I've seen rumors that he'll still be very colorfully dressed in 2014.

I was actually slightly sad to see this. I always kind of felt that he was the face of Sligo even though they did a fair amount with Brian Gay. Will be interesting to see if the Cobra/Puma deal is true, he would fit that brand very well.

Els to Adams Golf per twitter today.
That should be an interesting deal to see the break down of. I wonder if its a hybrid/bag/appearal deal? Or if its more of a multiclub deal.

Have to remember Ernie has been with TM before and Adams is owned by them now. I expect there to be a mix of Adams and TM in his bag.

Have to remember Ernie has been with TM before and Adams is owned by them now. I expect there to be a mix of Adams and TM in his bag.

There was a thought that Ernie could have up to 4 pieces of equipment and apparel from under the Taylormade/Adidas umbrella

Ernie Els joins Adams Golf

Ernie Els joins Adams Golf

Just saw this across the twitter feed, and didn't see a thread about it. I think it's a nice pickup for Adams, even if the big easy is getting on in years, he's still had some pretty good performances this past year.

wonder what the bag contract is going to be like for him. I know a lot of talk was of him returning to TM.

Well this is interesting. Agree with ddec, wonder if it will be top to bottom of the bag or what and I guess from a corporate perspective, there is a connection between the two companies.

JM

Would you say he becomes the marquee name under the Adams brand (In the PGA tour at least, probably won't eclipse Watson)? Does that increase their reputation as a seniors brand?

There was a thought that Ernie could have up to 4 pieces of equipment and apparel from under the Taylormade/Adidas umbrella

Appears that Els will be focusing on Tight Lies FW, XTD irons and Hybos. This is per @jonathanwall on twitter.

Also have seen some hints that the Delaet to Puma Golf is a done deal as well.

Big name and a good sign for Adams/TM, just not sure how relevent anymore.

Would you say he becomes the marquee name under the Adams brand (In the PGA tour at least, probably won't eclipse Watson)? Does that increase their reputation as a seniors brand?
I was just about to say that he is old enough to play Adams, hahaha.

I think it's a great move by Adams. Their reputation is an old man's club, but I play with a 30 year old guy who bought their clubs and loved hitting my a12OS hybrids and irons.

I bet Ernie could sport some of those Adams XTD forged irons and be very happy with them.

Merged the Ernie to Adams thread with this one.

Appears that Els will be focusing on Tight Lies FW, XTD irons and Hybos. This is per @jonathanwall on twitter.

Also have seen some hints that the Delaet to Puma Golf is a done deal as well.

Dalaet to Puma is a good move to me. Not a splash, but the guy seems to be on the upswing

Back