2014 New Years Resolution (non-golf)

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Feel free to post up your New Years resolutions here. Some will, some won't, but it might create some good chatter?!

Mine is to be a great dad. Have a 4 month old boy and can't wait to see what this year has in store for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run a half marathon.

better grades, find people who I like being around and who actually like being around me, and a better girlfriend. what the hell was I thinking..

Last edited:
I have 2, get back in shape, and make a move when my lease is up.

Make more than 2 A's in one semester.

Mine is get my ass moving again, I've been in a work then nothing else funk. I would like to get a gym membership and be more active.

Not eating fast food at all in 2014.

not falling asleep before midnight next New Years Eve...I don't really have any resolutions in place as of right now. I'll have to put some thought into that.

1. Not let the small stuff bother me.

2. Disconnect. When my 8 year old has to repeatedly tell me whenever I sit down to play with him "rule #1 no checking your email or your phone Daddy!", I know it's time to put away the electronics. I had resisted a smartphone for years because I knew that would happen... and I was right.

I want to be more organized

Finish my Masters in May and drop 50 pounds.

Move back to Florida
get in better shape
LIVE WITHIN MY MEANS!

Not letting the little details slip through the cracks. Did that a little to often in 2013.

Find fitness again, be a better husband and father.

Get back into running; run in at least one race this year.

Get more involved in investing; two kids who presumably want to go to college and at some point I would like to retire, so just want to get a clear picture of where I am and what I need to do.

Time to do some of those bigger home improvement projects my wife and I keep talking about.

Getting my head straight and resetting my priorities in my life.

1) Keep dropping weight (at least 1 lb/week).

2) Get my golf handicap below 15 (currently 20-23).

3) Enjoy sports rather than getting stressed about them! I've spent too much energy worrying about the travails of my favorite teams, and I've finally realized the futility of it!

Get in ultimate shape and stay fit the entire year :thumb:

I have one, get fitter than I am now. I plan on doing more walking than I already do and more biking on my Specialized bike.

After the injuries from the last couple of years, my only aim is to get myself fitter again and get back into some sort of shape and hopefully be able to stay injury free

Get healthier overall, specifically lose weight and eat better. Have more mental focus and a greater sense of urgency.

Do it!

My goal is still to run at least one full marathon, but my knee & back have a differing opinion.

Hoping to in May, there's a pretty large one in Halifax.

Hopefully works out for you.

I dont really have any, I just want to make my self better all around. More fit, stay with in my budgets, be a better person, but those are things I'm always working on so not really anything new there.

Back