PING i25 Irons Preview

Like the looks of these, eager to see some in hand pics and THP testing!

These irons look amazing. I really enjoy the clean look of the cavity.

After hearing all the love the I20's got, one can only expect these to perform just as well.

watched a video on these last night and really liked what I saw. The progressive set design giving the low irons a little more offset and wider sole are nice and should help with getting the ball up in the air. I thought the i20 was just an all around good iron. Didn't do anything fancy, wasn't the longest or the most forgiving but it looks good and was above average in every aspect IMO. Always liked the i series. Grew up with the eye2, owned the i3 and i10. Looking forward to seeing them first hand in a couple of weeks.

I know there's been a ton of love for this line in the past, I still have yet to swing any of them, I'll need to change that this year in 2014 with this line. They look quite nice.

PING_i25_iron-L.jpg

To me, these are the i20's with s55 tech built into them. I'd be curious to hit them for sure!

Seems like a nice commitment to the TFC iron shafts as well.

I liked the i20 irons alot, these are a must hit for me

Love love love it!!! The looks are great and hearing about the make up of the set, almost like a combo set within a set in a way really has me intrigued. I've been a big fan of PING irons for a while and these sound like they'll stack right up with the rest of their great offerings.

I've never been a huge fan of Ping irons from an aesthetic standpoint. But if they perform for you, why worry about how they look? Looking forward hearing more on the performance side.

They remind me of the TM irons that came out pre MC irons. Always liked that design

Those look sweet! I love my i20s so I'll be interested to hear more about these.

When I got my i20s last year, I was convinced I had found my irons for the foreseeable future. Then a disconnect happened this year, and they just seemed to fight me all summer.

That said, to say the Ping homer in me is interested in swinging these is an understatement.

I've never been a huge fan of Ping irons from an aesthetic standpoint. But if they perform for you, why worry about how they look? Looking forward hearing more on the performance side.

These aren't the prettiest nor are my i20s but they work.

They look nice and simple, in a good way. I like what I see in the description and the progressive nature of the set as well. I'll add this to the list of new clubs to kick the tires on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ohhh nice! Hope this is a Q1 release by March.

Looks like a new i20, for sure. With the success they had with that line, cant blame them for going with what works again.

Looks like a new i20, for sure. With the success they had with that line, cant blame them for going with what works again.

I wonder how many who have the i20 are considering this line. For me, I don't see enough changes to warrant an equipment change.

Best looking non "S" model Ping has ever put out IMO.

By the sound of it, they fit smack dab in the middle of the Game Enhancement category that I tend to lean toward.

I have always been a Ping fan (I have had eye2's, Zing 2's and G15's)....I like the look of these, I was debating when I got fitted to wait for the i25's to come out before I purchased....I lost that debate however :act-up:

Not the prettiest girl on the block but I bet she gets the job done. I still prefer the Ansers based on looks alone but I bet these feel as good as the 120's. Just not my cup of tea

Now, here is what I have been waiting for. These are, and have been, #1 on my must hit last of irons.
I used the i20 last year, as my comparison club, while I was searching for new clubs. I loved the i20, but found something else that peaked my interest.
Now that the i25 is on the horizon, I need to take a look.

Really digging the looks on this iron. I have hit the i20's and was very impressed. I really want to hit these. Hopefully THP will do some testing on these.

Been waiting to hear about these, JMan. Hoping to get some good info on the new i25s.

Look very nice, much nicer than the i20's in my opinion. Looks like they incorporated some of the design features of the s55's, which is a great move in my opinion cause those things rock. Good to see the increased use of tungsten weighting too, it's a great way to get some launch/twist forgiveness out of a compact head - my Adams CMB's are proof of that. If I was in the market I'd be seriously pondering these.

If they are half as good as the i20s then they will be phenomenal!

Back