Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This is a press release:

i25 Irons

The 17-4 stainless steel irons deliver forgiveness and distance with control to inspire confident shot making. In the progressive set design, the long irons are designed with head sizes and sole widths that deliver high trajectory and extreme forgiveness. The more compact mid and short irons have narrow soles and less offset for enhanced accuracy and scoring. Narrow face-stabilizing bars in the long irons increase ball velocity for added distance and height while wider bars in the short irons produce a controlled, lower ball flight with softer feel. The careful design details in the club’s shape and set progression are captured with an inspiring foggy chrome finish. Tungsten weighting in the low toe increases forgiveness. A machined face and grooves deliver control and consistency.

- Available 3-9, PW, UW, SW, LW
- Stock steel shaft: PING CFS[SUP]®[/SUP] (Soft R, R, S, X)
- Stock graphite shaft: TFC 189i (Soft R, R, S)
- U.S. MSRP: $ 110 per club w/steel shaft; $137.50 per club w/graphite shaft.

PING_i25_iron-L.jpg

Pretty pretty, those different bars in the longer & shorter irons sound quite interesting.

I never had a chance to hit the i20's but after they have gotten so much love from guys here, I think I need to hit these. They are not flashy but that doesnt matter to me.

I like it. That finish looked great on the i20s. Looks great on the i25s

Now these are a much better look. Like the clean and simple design. Hoping they are just as good as the i20s or even better.

The couple of times I've hit Ping irons, I enjoyed it. These look great and if they perform as well as previous lines I've tried, I could see me gaming these.

Look good.

Idk, I'm indifferent but I think I'm learning towards I like the I20s looks better. And it's no contest between the I25 and the s55s.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Wasnt a fan of the I20's at all, I like the looks of these and hopefully they perform better for me if I get around to trying them out.

I've never swung an i20 but these look good. Are the different bars they speak of visible? Or is that all hidden tech?

These look pretty nice. All the love of the i20s has me incredibly curious about these. Can't wait to hear some more feedback.

My wife KellyBo plays the I20 irons and loves them! It would be awesome to take these for a spin and see how they perform.

Ping has really improved the looks of their clubs over the last year, to me these lean toward like category. I also like the progressive set where the long irons go high and the shoe irons stay lower. Very cool.

Great looking although probably a bit more evolutionary than revolutionary. Solid stuff from Ping in this i25 line!

These look great. I have my heart set on some AP2s this year, but this might tempt me.

These are the offering I'm most pumped to swing from this release. I think these are stunning

I loved the i20s. You can colour me excited about these.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Usually don't find ping irons that appeal to my eye but these do look particularly sweet. Excited to hear how they perform

These look pretty cool. The technology sounds pretty interesting, particularly the different bar widths to control face deflection.
I've never swung an i20 but these look good. Are the different bars they speak of visible? Or is that all hidden tech?

I believe they are visible. I believe they are the chunk of material that is "embossed" out around the black strip that has Ping and i25 on it. There's a nice video on them here:
http://www.ping.com/clubs/ironsdetail.aspx?id=16359

These have my attention! I like the clean simple look. No, they're not as pretty as the S55, but they're (IMO) better looking than the G25 and might just be a fit for my game. I'll certainly not be buying any other irons until these are available for testing! And, yes, they seem more evolutionary than revolutionary, but manufacturers have to be pretty careful not to chuck the baby out with the bathwater with new models of well respected clubs. I've read very little negative about the i20.

Looking forward to hearing MUCH more about these!

Despite having an old set of I3 irons in my bag, I haven't been a huge fan of the looks of recent irons from Ping, but these seem a bit easier on the eye, and no doubt packed with more tech than my current clubs

Seems like they have the same specs as the i20s I will be interested to see what differences in playability people see with these. I was reading elsewhere, that the long irons in this set are supposed to offer more forgiveness and higher launch. I always thought the i20 long irons were easy to hit, so if they have improved on that, then color me impressed.

They look pretty good.

The stabilizing bars are an interesting thing. Similar in shape to the Chev on the X2Hot series, which people sort of brushed off as a convenient way to get the company logo out there. The video has some good info. I'd like to check these out.

I haven't owned any Ping irons since the Eye 2's they were a great club, need to hit Ole Gray's when he buys a set of these. :devil:

I haven't owned any Ping irons since the Eye 2's they were a great club, need to hit Ole Gray's when he buys a set of these. :devil:

Heck I think we would make good testers for these irons huh Dawg :thumb:

Back