Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
30100683_sw__________0_gsi
30100683_sw__________1_gsi

30100683_sw__________2_gsi
30100683_sw__________3_gsi

30100683_sw__________4_gsi

The Cleveland® 588® Hybrid, our first hybrid engineered with both variable face thickness and Gliderail Technology, provides incredible playability as well as maximum distance and forgiveness. Its tour-proven, compact profile has minimal offset, giving golfers a confidence-inspiring look from any lie. Combined with a rear sole plug, advanced wall construction allows more weight to be positioned low in the club for a higher launch. A premium Matrix® OZIK Altus shaft is designed for a high launch and an all-around combination of speed and stability with a solid feel at impact. Cleveland® 588® Hybrids are available in lofts of 18.0°, 20.5°, 23.0° and 26.0° and have a MAP of $169.99.

Additional features:

Swing weight: D4
Shaft: Matrix OZIK Altus
Grip: Golf Pride Tour 35

MODELLOFTLENGTHSWING WEIGHTLIE
H218.0°40.75"D459.5°
H320.5°40.25"D460.0°
H423.0°39.75"D460.5°
H526.0°39.25"D461.0°
18.0°, 20.5°, AND 23.0° AVAILABLE RIGHT AND LEFT HANDED.
26.0° AVAILABLE RIGHT HANDED ONLY.
BRANDMODELFLEXWEIGHTTIPBUTTFLEX POINTSWING WEIGHTTORQUE
MatrixOZIK AltusR85g0.3700.605MID3.4°
MatrixOZIK AltusA87g0.3700.605MID3.3°
MatrixOZIK AltusS89g0.3700.605MID3.3°
MatrixOZIK AltusX91g0.3700.610MID3.1°

Last edited:
Just like their 3 metal, classic design, but with a bit of a sharper look to it.

That looks really good, love me a solid hybo! Nice upgrade in the looks department IMO.

Another solid looking club - sole reminds me of the baffler t-rail

• Staff
The keel is legit.

I like the combination of some proven tech with the smaller profile and low offset.

That looks and sounds awesome!

This looks like the next step in their hybrid evolution. Still got some of the Mashie features. Add a hotter face and these could be lethal. Oh so tempting... Wonder if the loft offering will be the same as last year. I know the matrix from last year was a good pairing for many. I'm sure this year will be more of the same on that front.

I cannot wait to hit the new Cleveland hybrid.

2013 was an incredible hybrid year for them. A nice cross of iron feedback in wood-esque distance consistency. It was insanely accurate on 18* and is a staple in my bag right now.

How they could improve on that is beyond me. Looks like gliderail was maintained which is fantastic to see.

Big fan of the keel found in the classic hybrid, looks like they keep improving on a successful feature. Awesome stock shaft as well!

I'm already pondering a 4 & 5 combo...

seems like they have just been evolving the mashie more and more. Though the new face thickness pattern sounds like it could help give some driver like performance out of a hybrid that is versatile thanks to the sole design.

Looks similar to last years design but their longest. You had be at Altus

The keel is legit.

I like the combination of some proven tech with the smaller profile and low offset.
Best news about this line yet. I loved the distance of the Mashie when I could keep it from hooking. This should help.

Like the look, would love to see the performance.

I loved hitting the Mashie and this Hybrid looks great also. Couldn't see a degree on this or what they had on GolfSmith. Any idea what they are?

Very Mashie like which is a very good thing IMO. These will be on my "must hit" list for 2014.

I'm going to be more consistent off the deck with hybos and this sounds like just the club to help with that

Seems like it's morphed parts of last year's and the Mashies of 2012 together. It really looks like it's gonna be a winner.

Low offset, I like the sound to that! Can't wait to see how it looks to the eye behind the ball. The biggest test of 'em all!

It looks like they've taken the last few hybrids and combined them into one nice looking hybrid. Seems to be quite versatile, just based on design.

Very Mashie like which is a very good thing IMO. These will be on my "must hit" list for 2014.
I thought the same thing, aside from the finish.

I bet there are a lot of excited Cleveland Morgan Cup staffers right now!!

Less offset=a happy me. I really like the slick look of this line.

That's a good looking club. I was impressed with Cleveland's products the last couple of years, and these appear to continue that trend.

Back