Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

I am really impressed with the CB design overall. It's not common that I prefer the look of a more forgiving iron head in a combo set, but it's probably the case here in comparison to the MC.

Slotted clubs offer such an interesting design and feedback. Sometimes it's incredibly pleasing to miss center mass with them, and others it's awful. I'm looking forward to seeing where the CBs fall on that category.

I remember watching you pick apart a course once with Burner 2.0 irons. I'm with you on the look here, I prefer the look of the CB to the MC based on pictures of course.

I remember watching you pick apart a course once with Burner 2.0 irons. I'm with you on the look here, I prefer the look of the CB to the MC based on pictures of course.

I still think the 2.0s were the longest (at times) irons I've ever played. Of course, I rocked them with the 85g stock stiff shafts, so control was all but out the window..

I wonder how much of that tech they were able to utilize, and how much was taken from the original CBs and the Speedblades. They sure do have a speedblade'ish look to them.

just saw the tour 90s are available for no upcharge, that would be a match made in heaven

This is intriguing! Can't wait to try these out. I really like the look and I think the speed pocket would work well for me.

I currently game the last version of the TP CB so this hurts my feelings haha. But really I actually dont see much distance problems with my set. for intance it carry my 6 iron about 170 which is fine for me. My question is what kind of accuracy increases if any are you seeing with the CB line?
I know. It's like hearing the other parents talk about how bad of an athlete your kid is. LOL

Nice to see these come with a AW built into the set. Also like seeing KBS 90's available as an option for those who need a little more height to their shots, especially the longer irons.

Nice to see these come with a AW built into the set. Also like seeing KBS 90's available as an option for those who need a little more height to their shots, especially the longer irons.

you talking directly to me right?

I think that will certainly be a real solid combo

you talking directly to me right?

I think that will certainly be a real solid combo

You or War Eagle haha. I saw that and went uh oh, those are good for those two.

KBS90s would also fit me very well.

Every 5 iron I hit resembles a stinger. It goes a long way, but not very high.

This is what I was seeing with the 2011 TP CB 6 iron I bought to prepare for the Ultimate Testing. I consistently hit it a full club shorter than my X-Hot 6 iron. That had me worried. But, I'm really glad to hear that the new CB's are a big improvement in both areas.

That about sums up my experience with the 11 TP CB's. Just could never get any consistency from them. I switched from them to the R11's and the performance was night and day better. Had a nice run with the R11's until the "gotta try something new" bug hit me.

They look good. But the ultimate question will be, will performance increase over my current TM MC 300 irons to justify the price of a new set of irons. That is the question I face every year as I try to replace my 10+ year old irons.

Thanks for the testing thoughts Hawk.

~Rock

If TM is being straight up, these being more forgiving and longer than the RocketBladez Tours is an amazing sounding setup.

DJ with a 270 4i......carry.

They look good. But the ultimate question will be, will performance increase over my current TM MC 300 irons to justify the price of a new set of irons. That is the question I face every year as I try to replace my 10+ year old irons.

Thanks for the testing thoughts Hawk.

~Rock

Irons have come a long way in 10 years. I would be very surprised if you weren't hitting it higher and more consistently with any new set. Longer too, but that's not as important as the more accurate.

DJ with a 270 4i......carry.

There was another video on youtube with him and the tour preferred irons. I thought it was pretty interesting how he was quick to say the CBs wouldn't work for him, that the MC might but he would have to play a few rounds to get used to them before deciding if it was something he could game. For a company that get trashed regularly for its marketing it seemed very genuine.

Having seen more and better pictures of these now I really like the look of the CB, it's really cleaner looking than I expected.

Loved the feedback from everyone. It seems like the top guys all like what TM is bringing this year and they are very genuine about it. Cannot wait to hit all of these and start focusing in on which set I want to game

KG

Just Tapping Away

If I were picking, I'd just take a full set of these over the combo with the MC's for the added forgiveness alone.

If I were picking, I'd just take a full set of these over the combo with the MC's for the added forgiveness alone.

Being that the cb is a better rocketbladez tour , I respectfully disagree. ......the short irons are too big IMHO

Meh. Size isn't everything :)

Being that the cb is a better rocketbladez tour , I respectfully disagree. ......the short irons are too big IMHO

that actually sounds perfect to me.

I love me some Hawk thoughts, with a set of MC's coming in a week I'm second guessing myself a bit. I know I can play them, but a little more forgiveness is a good thing.

I love me some Hawk thoughts, with a set of MC's coming in a week I'm second guessing myself a bit. I know I can play them, but a little more forgiveness is a good thing.

At the THP Event, I can swap that set out for you.

Come on Jman, you HAVE to go MC's.

You're going to hit the center more than me, so it may be different, but I just can't see the point with where I'm at now. The difference on off-center shots is pretty big to me and what's the point in looking pretty if you're not getting the job done? That's just me though. A good/decent ball striker would probably feel different.

Back