The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked on my putting for an hour today. Tried putting without my finger extended. I also realized I was gripping the club way too hard with my right hand.

Finally have my basement practice area set up the way I want it.

8aje8ave.jpg

Worked on irons for a solid hour last night. Worked on not being hunched over as much in my setup and also keeping my hands closer to my body. Results were good and bad, I just need to keep working on it to engrain it into my head. Tonight I am gonna do 30 minutes with irons again and then roll the flat stick for an hour, working from 4ft out.

Finally have my basement practice area set up the way I want it.

8aje8ave.jpg

Worked on irons for a solid hour last night. Worked on not being hunched over as much in my setup and also keeping my hands closer to my body. Results were good and bad, I just need to keep working on it to engrained it into my head. Tonight I am gonna do 30 minutes with irons again and then roll the flat stick for an hour, working from 4ft out.

Nicely done buddy! Sweet set up

Nicely done buddy! Sweet set up

It's a nice getaway. Wife is OK with it and we won't be finishing our basement for a few years so it works out well.

Looks good B-rad.

nice setup there Brad

Wow, I'd love a set-up like that, good work!

Just back from the range, biblical weather here so no course action. Swing feeling ok, putted on the indoor green for 30 minutes afterwards too.

I had a Flightscope lesson today. Learned some very interesting things.

One thing that seemed odd, driver swing speed was 108, ball speed was 160. Launch angle (after some instruction) was 9°, and it told me that my spin was 3600 rpm. That is an odd combination.

Iron swing path is inside to out. Driver swing path is inside to inside. Weird.

One thing that seemed odd, driver swing speed was 108, ball speed was 160. Launch angle (after some instruction) was 9°, and it told me that my spin was 3600 rpm. That is an odd combination.

At what point did you butt dial me? :alien:

Seems pretty stadard to me. You have a negative angle of attack with thre driver. Swing up on it more, increase launch

Because of the angle the club sit at address. keeping the toe the same distance from the rod is not natural. if the shoulders are starting the swing then the toe of the club will natually move farther away from any line until you hinge the right arm.
Smith I like that drill and its what I'm doing with out the ball behind.

I lay an alignment rod just outside the toe of the club and keep the toe the same distance from the alignment rod till I hinge. Visually it appears as the club is crossing the rod as it goes back.

Parallel drill

Please ignore the rest of my crappy swing just look at hands, arms, and club

from set up to this

ScreenShot2014-01-06at44407PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

to the top
ScreenShot2014-01-06at44407PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

At the top
ScreenShot2014-01-06at44429PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Seems pretty stadard to me. You have a negative angle of attack with thre driver. Swing up on it more, increase launch

What's crazy, I did hang back and hit up. Saw launch angles of 13° but spin was around 3900 rpm.

Because of the angle the club sit at address. keeping the toe the same distance from the rod is not natural. if the shoulders are starting the swing then the toe of the club will natually move farther away from any line until you hinge the right arm.

Youre doing a great job Freddie! I enjoy reading through this thread and observing and learning from your feedback. :clapp:

Spent an hour in the garage working on the same thing I've been working on. Going a little slowly. Patience grasshopper.

Hit 100 balls on the range at Arizona Golf Resort... my new Home course for the winter. 80% of hits were with 3 Wood, which I'm trying to get more work with, both off the ground and as a driver for shorter holes. Also spent an hour on the putting green working on speed control on fast greens. Trying to stay inside 1 foot past hole with misses. Tomorrow is my weekly men's club 9 hole.

driver swing speed was 108, ball speed was 160. Launch angle (after some instruction) was 9°, and it told me that my spin was 3600 rpm. That is an odd combination.

I feel better about those numbers. Instructor reviewed video and numbers and consulted with a more experienced Flightscope instructor. That spin rate is not accurate.

Whew

LOL. You were sweating that for a few days.

Almost time to leave work and head to the range again - got the same clubs in the bag as last Thursday to keep the swing going for the time being

But for a laugh I have also thrown in my dads old 1 iron again.....should be fun :D

Once again, I am just looking for a nice consistent swing with the 3W and couple of irons, and then practicing with my PW at the 75, 90 and 125yd greens

How's the weather over there, TD?

How's the weather over there, TD?

We have had a fair bit of rain, don't know if it has made the news over there like the US cold snap has been on the news here, so I have no doubt a lot of courses will be struggling with water problems - I did see one course on the news that had to build some earth banks to try and protect the course from severe flooding

Forecast for the next few days is more rain and even possibly some snow next week so I think it will be a while before I think about hitting the course

Other than that, it is currently 5* Celsius so I throw a couple layers on when I go to the range after work, but the lighting only covers the first 150yds of ground so you can see the flight of longer clubs but lose them as they drop back to the ground

Temps don't sound too bad! Sucks to hear about all the rain though. Enjoy the practice!

Temps don't sound too bad! Sucks to hear about all the rain though. Enjoy the practice!

Yeah, temps aren't too bad considering it is after 5pm and dark outside the office

The rain is a nuisance as the ground hasn't really recovered from the flooding we had earlier in the year so any downpours now are causing more flooding everywhere as the ground is still too wet to soak it up

Guess the range will be the best I can hope for for the time being, but at least I can get out there unlike some of you guys over there with all that snow

Yea, it's been a rotten winter for us. First one in a few years, but sooner or later I'll see green grass again :)

Spent a lot of time putting last night on the Tour Links and also in the living room with a wedge working on 1/2 speed swings to start to ingrain a better transition and getting that left hip off the line to initiate the downswing. Frustrating how aggressive I've become at the top and how its killed my lower body in my swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back