The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standing in line outside the local Academy sports with a few hundred of my closest friends
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073297.159322.jpg

Two teams that never gave up and fought the whole game. If someone isn't a college football fan after this game, they never will be.

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

True to that! Great game. Pumped for the playoff mode next year. I think it will eventually end up being 8 team format instead of 4 within the next year or two.

Best team sport by far. NHL hockey playoffs second for me.

Fantastic bcs bowl season this year. Figures the last year of the bcs bowls turn out to be the best ever in my opinion. I hope that doesn't make some people change their mind about the playoff system.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I resisted the urge to stay up to watch the 4th quarter. Just catching up the highlights. Epic game.

Congrats FSU fans! Was a great game to end the BS era. And a trophy from a Wang is a fitting end....

P.S. I do not blame the omission of the C above on a typo or Tapatalk

Strong has gone 23-3 last 2 years and team has finished in the top 15 each of those years. Would you consider Strong a tier 1 coach?

I consider him in the same up and comer class.

Wow what a nail biter! There were a few things that shocked me:

1) Auburn seemed like they could run 4-5 yards at will. What happened in the second half?
2) FSU's secondary got lit up. So many busted assignments and wide open wide outs.
3) FSU's nye unstoppable offense was so incredibly ineffective against Auburns defense.
4) FSU's penalty count (so many false starts)
5) Nick Marshall gave it to Mason so many times. It seemed like he could've pulled it back and gotten 8 any and every single time he wanted.
6) The refs missed a few blantantly obvious calls (facemask on Winston, and horse collar at the end)

I walk away believing that the layoff hurt FSU more than Auburn, Auburn's defense stepped up big time (or they were just better than their stats indicated), and finally that it will be extremely interesting to see how Auburn's offense fairs now that there is plenty of film and time to prepare for.

Congratulations to FSU for the win last night, and congratulations to Auburn for playing such a great game and having such a unexpectedly great season.

Really looking forward to the 4-Team Playoff next year with three games instead of just one that has national significance.

I still have my FSU leather jacket from when I was like 10 or 12:

$(KGrHqRHJCYFITnKkRFFBSIncvB(mw~~60_35.JPG

Its a large but I was able to get my arms in it and dance around singing fat guy in a little coat.

last 7 or 8 minutes were really fun to watch last night

Its a large but I was able to get my arms in it and dance around singing fat guy in a little coat.

Keep losing weight and you will be back in it in no time Ricky :devil:

Whose your favorite Little Rascal?

#RedLightning

last 7 or 8 minutes were really fun to watch last night
Agreed, one of the best finishes to a football game I've watched in quite some time.

Imagine if Michigan State and FSU played next weekend. Come on playoffs.

I needed to step up my FSU wardrobe anyway because nothing fits anymore..haha Picked these up today:

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

For Nate:

BdYyt48IgAADZrH.jpg

FSU not the only winner last night. Red Lightning is the FREAKING man!
yhy3eder.jpg

RED LIGHTNING. My friends and I were making fun of him the whole game. Looks he was real winner last night.

Just glad SEC dominance is pretty much over. I respect the SEC and how good they all are. But, I have an issue with chanting SEC at bowl games in the 2nd quarter.

I picked that one up today, and also got a pennant, a sticker, a license plate frame, and a travel coffee cup.

The film room replay with all of the head coaches is on ESPN three and the Watch espn app/Roku channel to watch on-demand. watching it now. great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back