Cleveland Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

I'll play along. And just off the top of my head....

588 Custom 10.5°
588 fairways 14° and 18° or 20.5°
588 4 hybrid 23°
588 MT 5-9
588 TT PW & GW
588 RTX CB 54°
SmartSole 58°
SmartSquare heel shaft (possibly counterbalanced)

Solid setups here! I'm thinking about...

588C 10.5
588 3, 5W
588 4H
?? Irons 5-GW (if a GW is available)
588 54*, Smart Sole 58*
Smart Square

The PGA show can't come soon enough!

No 588 Altitude Driver love, interesting, I'm sure someone will game it!

I will be giving it a hit, that's for sure, but I lean towards the 588C because of both the adjustability (more fitting options) and the shaft. But who knows...if the Altitude turns out to be better for my game, I will most certainly game it.

I will definitely hit it and compare to the 588 custom. Proper fitting and results will dictate my decision, but at this moment, I much prefer the look at address of the Custom over the Altitude.

Well for me I would say:

1.588 Custom Driver 10.5°

2.588 Fairway woods 3-15.5 and 5-18.0

3.588 Hybrid 3H-20.5

4.588 MT Irons 4-9

5.Smart Sole C Wedge 42°

6.588 RTX Satin 54°

7. Smart Sole S Wedge 58°

8.Smart Square Putter

Reading all the potential bag set-ups is fun. Also realizing there is one more Cleveland spot up for grabs keeps the hopes up!!

Reading all the potential bag set-ups is fun. Also realizing there is one more Cleveland spot up for grabs keeps the hopes up!!

Absolutely, plus the unknown of new releases this year too!

rob you would be a great addition to Cleveland. Have to give it all you got for it and ill keep my fingers crossed for ya bud. And yeah it took me awhile to do my setup because there is so many great clubs you can have from Cleveland. I think the hardest for me was deciding on the wedges because those are all great.

The crazy thing to me is how many possible set ups we can come up with. It's kind of nuts.

Been practicing with the 588 TT's and CB's last few times.

Been practicing with the 588 TT's and CB's last few times.

Nice! How of the lofts match up or affect your distances

Nice! How of the lofts match up or affect your distances

TT's are up there with most everything else that I normally play. CB's are actually bent 2° strong, so the scoring irons are identical and then the divide grows a little as you go down. Still though, they aren't far off for me in distance. The CB's are quite a bit less forgiving toe-side than the big irons though.

You do love your CB's.

I love that they are super flat lol. Just set up better for me. I need to get my lie angles sorted out.

I love that they are super flat lol. Just set up better for me. I need to get my lie angles sorted out.

Ah! Makes sense. Finding out how my lie angles have changed as my swing has evolved this year was eye opening, I'm much more upright now, crazy.

Heading to the PGA Superstore this afternoon to do some Cleveland exploring and experimenting. Mission: CB's and MB's with maybe some MT's mixed in.

Heading to the PGA Superstore this afternoon to do some Cleveland exploring and experimenting. Mission: CB's and MB's with maybe some MT's mixed in.
Was thinking of hitting up Golf Galaxy at lunch myself. My goal? Not drooling all over the SmartSquare.

Check out the smart square as well since mine is now gone!

Check out the smart square as well since mine is now gone!

I really hope to see some Cleveland guys gaming this one. Its a game changer IMO, the alignment flat out works.

Back