Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from expanding the tank offerings a MXM "counter balance" putter is possible. Chris Kirk is playing a 38" MXM #1 and if you watch him putt he is gripping a couple inches down from the top. Maybe with the heaviest weights and a longer grip one could get the similar set up to a counter balance.
Check out my signature and see what is coming from Callaway...

Really pondering trying out the i25 driver and fairway when they become available. They look great to me. Hoping Ping tosses a few to THP for some forum testing.

Pondering switching the bottom of my bag around a little to cover some gapping issues a little better. Considering a couple Tour Trusty's and an AMP Cell Pro GW.

Pondering which putter goes in to the bag for the weekend...

In going with the Cleveland Classic #2
Im thinking... Oh, I cant decide.

Probably the TaylorMade spider mallet. Reppin' the sponsor.

Yeah, I'm not bring my spider ghost belly. Or the Classic #2.

Pondering which putter goes in to the bag for the weekend...

I like this decision. That putter is badass, AND was at the last TM event...so...its fitting.

I think you need two putters in the bag.

So I just hit my first ever graphite iron shaft in this bad boy. I am in full ponder.

3a8yte5e.jpg

So I just hit my first ever graphite iron shaft in this bad boy. I am in full ponder.

3a8yte5e.jpg

Recoil shafts?! Love the recoil in the apex and apex pro head!

Recoil shafts?! Love the recoil in the apex and apex pro head!

Yes. I believe I was hitting the lightest shaft in the series but oh man I was seeing good numbers

Yes. I believe I was hitting the lightest shaft in the series but oh man I was seeing good numbers

I've demo'd the F3. Fantastic feel for me with both heads. Also tried the xp95 and kbs v tour, but the recoil really shined in my brief demo.

Found a store with a Cleveland fitting cart. They have a monitor and use the optimizer as well. $50 for a fitting. I'll probably wait a bit on that though. Only downside is there wasn't a very big variety of shafts for irons.

I'm back to feeling a bit flustered about shaft, lengths, and lie angles. With many of the irons I'm demoing or testing at the moment I just feel like I'm digging the heel in, so I have been swinging my 588 CB's, which are around 2° flat - really the only irons I've ever had bent to fit me. The iron I hit best today was the CB and it wasn't even close. Only problem is that my typical miss (toe) is really bad news with those irons compared to the others I was hitting.

To make matters even more confusing, I realize that my CB's are actually 1/2 inch longer than standard. Not sure how that happened, but I did do a reshaft using pulls and just never thought about it at the time.

So, I have 1/2 inch longer, 2° flatter irons that I hit the best unless I miss on the toe, in which case I lose a bunch of yards.

Dammit.

Thanks to Jman, I now have to go look at a Seemore FGP 2!

Found a store with a Cleveland fitting cart. They have a monitor and use the optimizer as well. $50 for a fitting. I'll probably wait a bit on that though. Only downside is there wasn't a very big variety of shafts for irons.

I'm back to feeling a bit flustered about shaft, lengths, and lie angles. With many of the irons I'm demoing or testing at the moment I just feel like I'm digging the heel in, so I have been swinging my 588 CB's, which are around 2° flat - really the only irons I've ever had bent to fit me. The iron I hit best today was the CB and it wasn't even close. Only problem is that my typical miss (toe) is really bad news with those irons compared to the others I was hitting.

To make matters even more confusing, I realize that my CB's are actually 1/2 inch longer than standard. Not sure how that happened, but I did do a reshaft using pulls and just never thought about it at the time.

So, I have 1/2 inch longer, 2° flatter irons that I hit the best unless I miss on the toe, in which case I lose a bunch of yards.

Dammit.

50 ain't bad I'm guessing by the time you are ready they may even have the new irons assuming they are available. I'm going the same route, my first real fitting ever

Heck no. $50 is just fine with me. I'll be able do driver as well and they have shafts for those too.

Dammit.

I know its a bit of a trip for you down to Peoria, but the Cleveland website shows two places down there (Illini Golf in Peoria, and Pekin Country Club) that say they are Elite Fitting Partners with a full range of Cleveland Golf products and a full custom fit cart.

I had seen those in a conversation with coers.

50 ain't bad I'm guessing by the time you are ready they may even have the new irons assuming they are available. I'm going the same route, my first real fitting ever

Mike after having my eyes opened at Callaway... It's amazing what they can do. Mine the knowledge out of the fitter. If he/she is a good fitter they will enjoy talking equipment and the golf swing....

I know its a bit of a trip for you down to Peoria, but the Cleveland website shows two places down there (Illini Golf in Peoria, and Pekin Country Club) that say they are Elite Fitting Partners with a full range of Cleveland Golf products and a full custom fit cart.

I had seen those in a conversation with coers.

That's where I'm going to go actually (Illini Golf)! There's also another place down the road another 30-40 minutes where I can hit outside.

Will always be my favorite.

Thats why it will be hard not to go with in the MC.

It may not be a sexy choice. But you know it will wok.

It may not be a sexy choice. But you know it will wok.

I know the m6 will too though, and imagine the headaches I could cause by dropping bombs on people with that little gem.

I know the m6 will too though, and imagine the headaches I could cause by dropping bombs on people with that little gem.

Because of SPi you're gonna drop putts with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back