I have a hot dog related bucket list item.

Going to LA and having a dog or ten at Pink's

I haven't been to Pink's in a few years. They have great dogs, and I would usually get one with chili and one setup some wacky way. Unique dog casings, with a lot of 'snap'.

Otherwise, love dogs on the grill with a bit of burn, and then mustard, relish, onions. Summer time in a bun.

Off tangent (but in family), try an Olympic Club style burger dog sometime. Form the burger meat into dog shape, grill, and place in bun. Very convenient.

Freddie can probably back me up on this, Hot Dog Heaven in Orlando. Best place to get an authentic Chicago style hot dog in Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm reading this thread wishing it (hotdog heaven) was open today but I'll be looking for these Hoffman dogs JB mentioned

I know, right!! Would love that right now. Sounds like a lunch road trip to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had a Hofmann but I will be searching them out, I love great dogs.

yru6a6ad.jpg

Looking forward to trying these out.

Problem? If I don't enjoy them, I'll feed them to the in laws.

its all they had lol
Blasted inlaws, always feed them the scraps.

Yeah the Snappy Grillers are awful. At least both GG and I thought so. Completely different look, taste and texture to their hot dogs. They have some sort of clove flavor in there. But hey, maybe you will like them.

Yeah the Snappy Grillers are awful. At least both GG and I thought so. Completely different look, taste and texture to their hot dogs. They have some sort of clove flavor in there. But hey, maybe you will like them.
Not sounding the likes of this...perhaps a return is in order. Clove makes me hurl

I had lunch on friday at Costco and they got the $1.50 footlong and drink deal. Thought the hot dog tasted pretty good for the price.

Not sounding the likes of this...perhaps a return is in order. Clove makes me hurl

I HATE the snappy grillers, they definitely have a weird taste to them. The regular hot dogs are amazing though, so if you find the regular ones switch them out.

I had lunch on friday at Costco and they got the $1.50 footlong and drink deal. Thought the hot dog tasted pretty good for the price.

It really is an incredible deal. I just wish they had sauerkraut at a topping option.

I was excited just to find them! Pulled the trigger a little pre-mature. We all hat that :)

We do the same thing when we are at Sams Club for something

It really is an incredible deal. I just wish they had sauerkraut at a topping option.
Sauerkraut that's just nasty. Ketchup is the way to go.

No grill tonight but dogs nonetheless. Hofmanns dogs and Skyline chili. Just shredded the cheddar too.

a4erunu7.jpg

gahe2epe.jpg

And while I'm at it. Only type of bun to use. Split top. None of this side cut that falls apart with first bite

vu6etyqy.jpg

Ha-Ha....all this hot dog talk over the last few days, it was bound to happen! Enjoy!

apatu7um.jpg

And while I'm at it. Only type of bun to use. Split top. None of this side cut that falls apart with first bite

vu6etyqy.jpg

I delivered bread for 15 years, and I have never heard of split top hotdog buns.

I delivered bread for 15 years, and I have never heard of split top hotdog buns.

Really? That is so surprising. By far the best hot dog buns. many times same bun, but better cut.

We have a restaurant or dive (depends on how you look at it) - their whole menu is hot dogs and different variations - Dogtown is their name. I will have to make a stop and take a picture of their menu and a couple of my favorites.

Have guys ever had a white hot?

Back