Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

i-mCqDcGf-L.jpg

CHICAGO, January 16, 2014
– Wilson Staff, the golf manufacturer with more majors won than any other brand, re-signed Ricky Barnes to a multi-year agreement where he will continue to play the company’s equipment and showcase the brand’s logo on his bag and headwear.

With a runner-up finish at the 2009 U.S. Open during his first year as a Wilson Staff professional, Barnes is hungry for more major success in the near future and is rolling over his momentum from last season.

Coming off a top five ranking on the PGA Tour for greens in regulation in 2013, Ricky will look to his Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 irons and FG Tour TC wedges for continued consistency on approach shots.

“Once people get Wilson Staff into their hands, they realize why we’re using it,” explains Barnes, who considers himself a part of the R&D team. “It’s obvious our brand is coming back stronger than ever, especially with the progression we’ve made in the past seven years.”

“Barnes noted at our commercial shoot in December that he is on the brink of reaching his peak,” stated Tim Clarke, General Manager of Wilson Golf. “He’s definitely a Feel player, and when he’s on, he’s on. In 2014, we are confident that he’ll be on.”

Follow Ricky on Twitter: @RealRickyBarnes

What’s In Ricky’s Bag:
Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 (3-9)
Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC traditional wedge
Bag: Wilson Staff Pro Tour Bag
Glove: Wilson Staff Conform Women’s glove
Headwear: Wilson Staff Engineer Cap
Accessories: Wilson Staff Microfiber Caddie Towel

Nice to see this happen. FG Tour V2's are some fantastic sticks. I might need to put them back in the bag this year.

I like this quote by him. I think he is right.

“Once people get Wilson Staff into their hands, they realize why we’re using it,” explains Barnes, who considers himself a part of the R&D team. “It’s obvious our brand is coming back stronger than ever, especially with the progression we’ve made in the past seven years.”

Solid move keeping him in the stable.

I like this quote by him. I think he is right.

I love that quote.

I like it, we know they aren't going to bring in new huge names right now, but they MUST maintain what they have as they continue to improve the brand and equipment. I like it a lot.

I love that quote.

I like it, we know they aren't going to bring in new huge names right now, but they MUST maintain what they have as they continue to improve the brand and equipment. I like it a lot.

you are right. They aren't going to go out and sign those marquee names. I know the problem still in my area is that it's very difficult to find W/S products. It's too bad because they products in the last 4-5 years have generally been pretty good. Hopefully they see something out of Barnes on the course this year and perhaps Streelman continues good play.

Good choice by both of them, when I think Ricky Barnes, I think Wilson Staff Golf.

I like this re-sign a lot. I hope to see Ricky get some solid finishes this year.

Love to see Barnes stick w/ Wilson. They make some phenomenal irons/wedges. Wonder if he will move to the M3 line?

What’s In Ricky’s Bag:
Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 (3-9)
Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC traditional wedge
Bag: Wilson Staff Pro Tour Bag
Glove: Wilson Staff Conform Women’s glove
Headwear: Wilson Staff Engineer Cap
Accessories: Wilson Staff Microfiber Caddie Towel

Really?

hqdefault.jpg

Glad he re-signed with Wilson. What's the deal with the women's glove? Is he on to something I haven't tried yet?

Hopefully he will have his game in shape this year. As of now Streelman is the only one who seems to be bringing any attention to the brand right now. Poor Paddy tinkered himself into submission.

Nice re-signing. Gotta keep who they have.

There's got to be some other younger golfers that they could throw some money at just so they are more visible.
Other than Barnes, Streelman and Harrington I can't think of anyone else that games them.
They might not be able to sign any top 25 players just yet but get some other guys on tour using there stuff.

Marcel Siem and Lowery are both pretty recognizable in Europe, but I don't disagree.
Hopefully Ricky can play some good golf this year.

Glad to see Wilson getting great exposure. Both parties seem like a great fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcel Siem and Lowery are both pretty recognizable in Europe, but I don't disagree.
Hopefully Ricky can play some good golf this year.

Forgot about Lowery. Didn't know Siem was WS. He is pretty recognizable, at least in Europe.

Hell, I thought he lost his card.

More irrelevancy for an irrelevant brand.

LOL at the Women's glove thing though. Thatll get more talk than the actual signing haha

Forgot about Lowery. Didn't know Siem was WS. He is pretty recognizable, at least in Europe.

He just signed last week I think. Definitely a good one to catch over there. Sounds funny, but the ponytail is always noticeable on camera.

He just signed last week I think. Definitely a good one to catch over there. Sounds funny, but the ponytail is always noticeable on camera.

That's the first thing I thought of when you mentioned him...the guy with the ponytail. That is good signing too.

Good move for both parties! I remember hitting the Wilson Di10 (I believe) at the outing last year at Reunion. Those irons impressed the heck out of me and were easy too hit. The same model driver was sweet too. I would bag both irons and driver in a heartbeat .:thumb:

Nice work W/S, that is a good resigning.

I like Barnes, nice to see him resign with WS. I didn't know they signed Seim, but that's another good one for them. I'm not a huge follower of Euro golf, but he's been in the mix in several of the tournaments I watched.

I wish they could get one of their guys to bag the FG Tour M3 driver, it looks like the real deal.

Back