Bobby Jones Blackbird FW Wood - THP TV Preview

One of the most intriguing clubs to me personally I have seen over the last 2 days.
And yes, Jesse Ortiz is incredible.

Finally getting a few minutes to watch the interview, and it is fantastic.

The cup face tech here sounds incredible... lateral forgiveness without penalizing results? Oh yeah!

I have never listened to an interview with Jesse, and that was quite enjoyable. This one definitely has me intrigued. I bet a high lofted FW in this line could be MONEY. That 17* FW he is talking about could be a game changer. Better launch, off the deck, oh yes.

This was a fantastic listen. Hearing about design for average consumers vs pros was enlightening and I love the approach he is taking.

Also a big fan of the 17* that can replace 2 clubs.

Just hearing him has me wanting to try these!
Exactly what I was thinking. I do like the fact of having clubs for average players and now really want to try that 17

Interesting, especially since these clubs seem to be getting a lot of interest and comments.
At least from the shows coverage. Even more so since it isn't a brand you hear much about nowadays.

Great interview and I learned a little about FW's as well. I've always been intrigued by the brand, but have never seen their clubs any where. Would love to try this one out.

Maybe I'm a little pathetic in the knowledge department, but I am happy to be able to say that I truly understand what cup face technology is now....thank you Mr. Ortiz....oh and you too JB for those mad mic skills.

What a great interview; I learned a ton just listening to it. I like the idea of a shallower FW to hit off the deck, and the rounded sole for better interaction. Loving the bow-tie too!

Maybe I'm a little pathetic in the knowledge department, but I am happy to be able to say that I truly understand what cup face technology is now....thank you Mr. Ortiz....oh and you too JB for those mad mic skills.
It was a great interview, for sure. Jesse Ortiz did a fantastic job of getting the info to us in a way that was easy to understand. It just made sense.

Great interview and I am excited about trying the 17* club.

Still don't think I saw a club at the show that I want to hit more than these.

Tour Edge has been producing bomber fairways and hybrids using cup face brazed tech for some time...in their Exotics line. Is there a price point on the Bobby Jones product yet? Might be a less expensive way to get into the tech that is producing some really high ball speeds.

Tour Edge has been producing bomber fairways and hybrids using cup face brazed tech for some time...in their Exotics line. Is there a price point on the Bobby Jones product yet? Might be a less expensive way to get into the tech that is producing some really high ball speeds.

229 for the fairways and 199 for hybrids iirc.

229 for the fairways and 199 for hybrids iirc.

Believe you are correct sir. Right in line with other offerings.

Mr. Ortiz is just a classy dude. I love listening to people who are that passionate about their profession.

Seriously, these were my #1 of the show for must spend time with.

I completely mean that, I want to hit them badly.

Seriously, these were my #1 of the show for must spend time with.

I completely mean that, I want to hit them badly.

They look very very intriguing. I would love it if they would send THP a couple for review, even only a staff one.

Finally had time to sit down and watch this interview and I must say I truly enjoyed it. Jesse Ortiz seems so down to earth and you can see he takes joy in the equipment he puts out.
Love how he described the leading edge and how that curveture will allow for easy hitting off those uneven lies. Definitely going to be chasing a FW down as its time to replace the old Cobra Cavity Back.

Finally had time to sit down and watch this interview and I must say I truly enjoyed it. Jesse Ortiz seems so down to earth and you can see he takes joy in the equipment he puts out.
Love how he described the leading edge and how that curveture will allow for easy hitting off those uneven lies. Definitely going to be chasing a FW down as its time to replace the old Cobra Cavity Back.

Jesse Ortiz was very down to earth. Glad you enjoyed the video.

such a great interview. Love his thoughts on the technology and why his designs are how they are. That 17* he spoke of is sure intriguing.

Need...Not want, but need.

This.

Seriously, I cannot say it enough, of the ENTIRE show and every OEM, THESE were the landslide must hits among the entire THP staff covering the event.

This.

Seriously, I cannot say it enough, of the ENTIRE show and every OEM, THESE were the landslide must hits among the entire THP staff covering the event.

Without a doubt. I walked away from the show each night with these on my mind. No matter what we saw that day these still were high on the list. Could be just what my bag needs.

Not to get off on a tangent, but I would love to hear more from the gentleman. I'm embarrassed to say until now I had now idea who he was. But after seeing a couple interviews I think he's be a great THP Radio guest.

Not to get off on a tangent, but I would love to hear more from the gentleman. I'm embarrassed to say until now I had now idea who he was. But after seeing a couple interviews I think he's be a great THP Radio guest.

You will be. We have more interviews and we have some cool things coming up that Jesse Ortiz will be perfect for.

Same...it was one if not the best interview THP did! Learned a lot.

Back