Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

Good to hear sir, hopefully we can get a team match going wed or thurs

Yeah my guess is Thursday would probably work best for that with everyone coming in different times Wednesday

Still planning on driving up with Knightlightpro Wednesday. Play wed afternoon and Thursday. Still planning on stay on site in the villas.

I'll be in for a Thursday round 100%. More than likely on Wednesday as well. I plan on staying at the villas Fri-Sun as well.

The wife and I will be in on Wednesday. Planning on staying onsite as well

I really have no firm plans yet but I do know I'm driving. I think I'm coming without the family, so at least that part will be easier. Planning on getting there at least in time for an afternoon round on Thursday, a lot of swings to be taken Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...so I certainly don't plant to play 36 on Thursday.

Waiting to hear the eventual details before deciding off site or on site.

I really have no firm plans yet but I do know I'm driving. I think I'm coming without the family, so at least that part will be easier. Planning on getting there at least in time for an afternoon round on Thursday, a lot of swings to be taken Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...so I certainly don't plant to play 36 on Thursday.

Waiting to hear the eventual details before deciding off site or on site.

I'll be driving in sometime early in the week, but am also waiting for details on available accommodations. Also, awaiting team announcements, because that will certainly impact where I stay depending on where my mates will be staying.

I'm waiting on the lodging details like everyone else. I'll likely be a one-man wolf pack for my travels. Definitely staying through Monday to ensure proper Shandy consumption during my team's victory celebration. (See what I did there?)

At a minimum, I'll get there Thursday morning. I'm debating whether to make the entire drive on Wednesday or to stop at my parents' house in Columbia for Wednesday night. (Work will probably dictate this one, which means arriving in Myrtle on Thursday.) Either way, I'll be in for at least one practice round on Thursday.

If I get in early enough and anyone else is crazy enough to do it, I may play 36 on Thursday to make sure I get in a round on both courses before the MC.

Ill definitely be in Myrtle Beach by 10:00 on Thursday. My flight gets into Charlotte on Wednesday around midnight so I am just going to spend the night there and get an early start.

I'm pretty sure I'm driving down. Having my car, and my clubs, just seems easier than renting/relying on rides and rentals. My original thought is that I would get there some time on Wednesday and stay onsite in the Villas.

Question for the Morgan Cup Vets; as a newbie who's never played these courses before, do you think 2 practice rounds (1 on each of the courses) is the way to go? And, 18 Wednesday + 18 Thursday? Or 36 on Thursday?

Figuring out how I want to do practice rounds will ultimately dictate my travel.

I'm pretty sure I'm driving down. Having my car, and my clubs, just seems easier than renting/relying on rides and rentals. My original thought is that I would get there some time on Wednesday and stay onsite in the Villas.

Question for the Morgan Cup Vets; as a newbie who's never played these courses before, do you think 2 practice rounds (1 on each of the courses) is the way to go? And, 18 Wednesday + 18 Thursday? Or 36 on Thursday?

Figuring out how I want to do practice rounds will ultimately dictate my travel.

Definitely want a round in on each course.

Id spread them out if you can rather than all in 1 day

My plans are definitely to play a minium of 27 holes on Thursday. Maybe 36 if time and energy work out.

Checked southwest today and found I could save $200 by flying out of KC (2 hours away) but the times aren't as good and would have to figure out a way to get down and back from there. Still planning on being in myrtle in time for a practice round Wednesday and another on Thursday; I'm not playing 36 either days because I'm not cray cray. Will wait to see what info JB has before I move on anything.

My plans are definitely to play a minium of 27 holes on Thursday. Maybe 36 if time and energy work out.

Definitely going 36 on thursday!

I don't believe I will be there until Wednesday....but I'm planning this..

36 Wednesday
36 Thursday
9 Friday

If you have time, spread them out over two days. You definitely want to get rounds in on both courses, though.

If you're feeling cray cray, though, I know a guy who will play 36 on Thursday. Shandy will likely get me through the afternoon session.

I am pretty sure well be able to sneak in 18 early Friday. Am I wrong?

36 Wednesday
36 Thursday
9 Friday
Beast Mode.
If you have time, spread them out over two days. You definitely want to get rounds in on both courses, though.

If you're feeling cray cray, though, I know a guy who will play 36 on Thursday. Shandy will likely get me through the afternoon session.
Sounds magical.

hard to say, if the start time is the same as last year, then the answer is no

I think everyone not on Team THP should play 36 a day

Beast Mode.

Only way to do it :D

I'll be playing Monday & Tuesday somewhere along the coast or North Carolina, but haven't decided on the flights yet.

I believe media day on Friday was 9am sharp. That would be a bit of a rush IMO.

I believe media day on Friday was 9am sharp. That would be a bit of a rush IMO.

Now I am questioning my Thursday MA arrival.

Definitely want a round in on each course.

Id spread them out if you can rather than all in 1 day

Good advice here. I'm a first time Morgan Cupper, but have played both of these courses many times. If you're only going to see each one once before hand, you will want to be very attentive and observant all the way around each, and not just think about your specific shot at the time, but, what other shots you might be faced with on each hole. The courses are great fun to play, but they can be very challenging.

hard to say, if the start time is the same as last year, then the answer is no

I think everyone not on Team THP should play 36 a day

Haha.

No worries. I'm sending your captain a salt block in early July. Hydration will be an issue that only Shandy will cure -- but Ryan will stick to dark beer. Haha!!

well, you can do 18 on thursday and then you get 9 more with the sponsor part of media day, so Im guessing you could just keep going and finish the back 9 to get a round in at both

36 Wednesday
36 Thursday
9 Friday

Beast Mode.

O'Carroll, you are talking to the guy that played another 18 holes after the MC concluded on Sunday. Castor ain't messing around.

18 Caledonia, 9 TB. You'll be playing 9 on Friday. You'll just have to know which 9 you'll be playing Friday

I can muscle through 36 on Thursday I figure as well. I am just trying to maximize my days off.

Back