Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

The more I think this through, the more I think I'm going to be driving. It's only about 12 hours or so from Albany.

Google maps showed 12 hours and 10 mins from my driveway to Myrtle.

Google maps showed 12 hours and 10 mins from my driveway to Myrtle.

I'll be driving to but I'm looking at almost 15hr's in current conditions

Google has it as 12 hours and 52 minutes from my house to the resort. There are no direct flights from St Louis, so it's about a 4 hour flight + probably another 4-5 hours of getting to the airport, getting through security, getting luggage, getting a rental car, and driving from the airport to the resort.

For the 3 or so hours flying might save me, I think I'm going to drive if for nothing else, ease of transporting clubs.

Google has it as 12 hours and 52 minutes from my house to the resort. There are no direct flights from St Louis, so it's about a 4 hour flight + probably another 4-5 hours of getting to the airport, getting through security, getting luggage, getting a rental car, and driving from the airport to the resort.

For the 3 or so hours flying might save me, I think I'm going to drive if for nothing else, ease of transporting clubs.

You and Coers near each other??

I'll be driving to but I'm looking at almost 15hr's in current conditions

I didn't even take into account the conditions so maybe it'll be even shorter for me.

My travel plans are still up in the air but I will be sleeping on someone's floor. My vacation is not long after the MC so I need to save some $$. Whoever has an open floor/sofa let me know! I'll throw in what I can!

Latest plan (idea) is to drive from New York to Myrtle, 75% chance that a friend of mine will join me, so it's an easy drive for a couple of days and a couple rounds on the east coast...but everything's open for now. On Wednesday morning I will be on the grounds though!

Latest plan (idea) is to drive from New York to Myrtle, 75% chance that a friend of mine will join me, so it's an easy drive for a couple of days and a couple rounds on the east coast...but everything's open for now. On Wednesday morning I will be on the grounds though!

Depending on when you get in, would love to get a round in with you around here before heading to Myrtle.

You and Coers near each other??

Andrew offered to let me ride with them a couple of weeks ago, but he's got 3 in the car already, so it would be pretty crammed with 5 if us in there.

If you drive past Virginia, I should be at my parents' house by then, right off interstate 95. Would be great to get a practice round in before we get to Myrtle!

Depending on when you get in, would love to get a round in with you around here before heading to Myrtle.

If you drive past Virginia, I should be at my parents' house by then, right off interstate 95. Would be great to get a practice round in before we get to Myrtle!

I'd love that!!

Hey Andy it'll be july so ill just surf on the roof for the trip. Might be able to practice my golf swing to while im up there.
Andrew offered to let me ride with them a couple of weeks ago, but he's got 3 in the car already, so it would be pretty crammed with 5 if us in there.

Just got word that all the time off is approved! Wasn't worried it wouldn't be but one less thing to worry about! Woo hoo!

Hey Andy it'll be july so ill just surf on the roof for the trip. Might be able to practice my golf swing to while im up there.

Teenwolf style, I like it!

417e08e06b6a6550379460e101168c6931fe1013.jpg

Fly or drive....Fly or Drive.....Fly or Drive......arrrrrgggggghhhhh

Fly or drive....Fly or Drive.....Fly or Drive......arrrrrgggggghhhhh
I'm in this boat as well. Today, I'm leaning towards driving. Don't ask me tomorrow though.

Fly.

Bonus miles and more time for relaxation.

Thats where Im leaning, may depend on my miles situation and what ive used/have planned for rest of the year.

Not dealing with getting the new gear on the plane, renting clubs etc is quasi enticing though

Thats where Im leaning, may depend on my miles situation and what ive used/have planned for rest of the year.

Not dealing with getting the new gear on the plane, renting clubs etc is quasi enticing though

Hence why I am driving. You'll spend just as much, if not more, flying then you will driving. 11 and a 1/2 hours from Erie. Can do that in my sleep.

Relax? I'm going to bug you the entire flight....."Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

#strategytalks

I haven't flew there so I'll be the one bugging you! Haha

Fly Mike. You know how bad it sucks to fly home exhausted. Imagine driving 12 hours.

Fly Mike. You know how bad it sucks to fly home exhausted. Imagine driving 12 hours.

Thats why I am bringing my wife. I shall be sleeping. Haha

Back