Matrix Program Q Shaft Preview - THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Matrix Program shafts now have a new generation. THP TV talks with Matrix R&D about their latest design.

Don't think I've ever tried the Programs but have heard great things about them.

Interesting about lowering the COG to help with club builders and these to work well in more heads while maintaining feel.

I love seeing more graphite options and these sound like another must try.

Thanks for the interview!

Never have hit a graphite shaft in my irons. Definitely intrigued. Interesting how the COG has been lowered down the shaft.

Oh Cobra needs to get these added to the custom options. Would live to give these a go in some Bio Cell's.

Don't think I've ever tried the Programs but have heard great things about them.

Interesting about lowering the COG to help with club builders and these to work well in more heads while maintaining feel.

I love seeing more graphite options and these sound like another must try.

Thanks for the interview!

I know a guy with a set of Programs that you might be playing golf with this weekend!!

I love the sound of lowering the COG as trying to get my Mizunos even to a D0 swing weight required quite a bit of lead tape and they were at D2 with the C-Taper Lites in them! I will be interested to try these side by side with my current Programs soon!

The programs have always intrigued me and being here I've started to lean towards wanting to try graphite iron shafts more. The problem with the programs are the price and the lack of being an option for just about every club manufacture.

Have not played graphite iron shafts since I was a kid. I can imagine they are considerably better these days, especially considering all the people I hear raving about them. For me the issue is more that I would never really have the means of trying them before I actually committed to going back to graphite and without trying them I would be completely lost when it came to determining the specs I would need.

• Admin
I can tell you for fact that these will be in a set of irons I play in 2014.

Huge fan of graphite so I'd love to try these out at some point

I am definitely looking to get myself into a graphite shaft. It's something I really want to accomplish in the next year, as i think there's a ton to gain from doing so.

Looking forward to taking some swings with the Program Q.

Oooh, I could see myself wanting to try these in a set of 588 MT/TTs...

I am definitely looking to get myself into a graphite shaft. It's something I really want to accomplish in the next year, as i think there's a ton to gain from doing so.

Looking forward to taking some swings with the Program Q.

With the right graphite I think you would enjoy this game a whole lot. I believe (and have posted such) that with in a decade it is as popular as steel at the highest level.

With the right graphite I think you would enjoy this game a whole lot. I believe (and have posted such) that with in a decade it is as popular as steel at the highest level.

Well I think I just may have to take the jump after a proper fitting.

I 100% believe it. Seeing tour players gaming graphite makes me believe that I am more than capable of making the switch. It's just a matter of finding one that works well with my somewhat unorthodox LM numbers. With the amount of golf I play (in the months I CAN play), there's something to be said about a shaft that is less harsh on the joints.

I 100% believe it. Seeing tour players gaming graphite makes me believe that I am more than capable of making the switch. It's just a matter of finding one that works well with my somewhat unorthodox LM numbers. With the amount of golf I play (in the months I CAN play), there's something to be said about a shaft that is less harsh on the joints.

I would think the Recoils in the 125 F5 would work well for you (just from what I have seen on video etc of your swing since we haven't had the pleasure to meet yet)

The programs are a low kick point correct?

I would think the Recoils in the 125 F5 would work well for you (just from what I have seen on video etc of your swing since we haven't had the pleasure to meet yet)

I don't think I need F5 (I think that's X isn't it?) -- Planning to have an experiment to start out the year with some 125 F4s (they are the stiff right?)

--- Don't want to derail an exciting new product from Matrix though... I'll find the appropriate thread or start one about this soon methinks.

I don't think I need F5 (I think that's X isn't it?) -- Planning to have an experiment to start out the year with some 125 F4s (they are the stiff right?)

--- Don't want to derail an exciting new product from Matrix though... I'll find the appropriate thread or start one about this soon methinks.

Yes and yes. Good idea, sorry for the off topic!

Oh Cobra needs to get these added to the custom options. Would live to give these a go in some Bio Cell's.

That would be an amazing set!

I need these.

I need them.

Coming in for review?

No idea. I'm just ready to make a move permanently to graphite and these fit the bill of what I'm looking for. Just a neeeeeeeeeed. hahaha

No idea. I'm just ready to make a move permanently to graphite and these fit the bill of what I'm looking for. Just a neeeeeeeeeed. hahaha
Same here, these sound really nice!

Many different signs have been pointing me to the graphite iron shaft ponder. Matrix shafts sound like they should be part of the ponder. Higher launch is good for me.

JM

Back