The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I'll be honest, I'm a bit out of my element being a captain in anything, much less an athletic endeavor. My fears for this Morgan Cup are more around the team (letting them down somehow) than they are personal. Having been through the personal journey before, I know where I need to improve and put in more effort than I did last time. As I've gotten to know my team members more in the last couple of days, I think this group meshes really well, which alleviates some of those fears, but I want to make sure that win or lose, my team members each leave enamored with the process and event we completed, and that as a group, we are as tight that day as we are today.

Hell yeah man thats what I am talking about. Say I have never practiced so much and looked into lesson like this before. Being picked in the Morgan Cup really pushes you to reach out there and do everything you can do to make yourself better. I know my goal is to be a awesome golfer by the time July comes around so I am not worrying about tweaking something to play well there.
I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I have no fear of this journey. I hit balls in the snow and 22° yesterday; I lost 20 pounds in the last 3 weeks; I'm scheduling my first lesson next week; and I have a ton of support from local THPers who are past, current, AND non-participants in the Event.

There is no way I will allow myself to be unprepared for this event.

First tee, bad shots, bad holes, injuries you can't control....sure, they are real concerns, but I just won't let my mind go there.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I have no fear of this journey. I hit balls in the snow and 22° yesterday; I lost 20 pounds in the last 3 weeks; I'm scheduling my first lesson next week; and I have a ton of support from local THPers who are past, current, AND non-participants in the Event.

First tee, bad shots, bad holes, injuries you can't control....sure, they are real concerns, but I just won't let my mind go there.

I am a Pete fan. I love it buddy!

Love that mentality!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

sounds just like me dude

What is everyone's biggest fear this year in the Morgan Cup? Fear maybe is not the right word. Is anyone apprehensive about anything? Lots of changes this year, new expectations.

My fear/concern is the unknown. Which if I was to sit down and think about it, it's really not a fear, but more of an excitement.

So honestly at the end of the six months prior to departing for MB...I will be asking myself, did you prepare enough, is there anything I could have did better, and most of all...

That 1st Tee Shot!

My fear/concern is the unknown. Which if I was to sit down and think about it, it's really not a fear, but more of an excitement.

So honestly at the end of the six months prior to departing for MB...I will be asking myself, did you prepare enough, is there anything I could have did better, and most of all...

That 1st Tee Shot!

40 guys in the event this year. That first tee shot will be something special.

40 guys in the event this year. That first tee shot will be something special.

You have that right. Just close your eyes and swing.

On top of that that 1st tee is going to be amazing...teammates, competitors, the volunteers, and all those following along on THP.

#encompassingemotions

Not saying its all gone, but the majority of unknown is gone. Least the part that bugged me. Im working out hard to ensure my stamina is there. Ive dedicated to buildjng the muscles around my knee (s) to insure the injury aspect is minimal. Ive talked to my team and captains and we are a good mesh. Captain actially said something I took as a challenge. Wont discuss strategy :). So minus the first tee shot my nerves are settling and focus is all I have.

You have that right. Just close your eyes and swing.

On top of that that 1st tee is going to be amazing...teammates, competitors, the volunteers, and all those following along on THP.

#encompassingemotions

You think you're good with no nerves.

Then your name gets called...still good.

Then you go to place the tee into the ground and realize your hand is shaking.

Finally get the ball on there and go through your routine. Setup over the ball and your heart is racing....mind is saying make solid contact. Swing thoughts take you over.

Then you swing.

Something good may happen, something bad may happen.....but you still hear everyone telling you nice job and cheering you on.

Second tee shot feels a bit more comfortable FWIW.

:)

You think you're good with no nerves.

Then your name gets called...still good.

Then you go to place the tee into the ground and realize your hand is shaking.

Finally get the ball on there and go through your routine. Setup over the ball and your heart is racing....mind is saying make solid contact. Swing thoughts take you over.

Then you swing.

Something good may happen, something bad may happen.....but you still hear everyone telling you nice job and cheering you on.

Second tee shot feels a bit more comfortable FWIW.

:)

I've been running through that in my mind. What I do know of those who have made that shot before is, that regardless of the result everyone there will have your back. No insults no laughs just support!

I will be taking those words to that tee box with me.

I've been running through that in my mind. What I do know of those who have made that shot before is, that regardless of the result everyone there will have your back. No insults no laughs just support!

Watching the thp TV coverage of last years MC truly echos this!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Just HOLD THE POSE!

I'll be honest, I'm a bit out of my element being a captain in anything, much less an athletic endeavor. My fears for this Morgan Cup are more around the team (letting them down somehow) than they are personal. Having been through the personal journey before, I know where I need to improve and put in more effort than I did last time. As I've gotten to know my team members more in the last couple of days, I think this group meshes really well, which alleviates some of those fears, but I want to make sure that win or lose, my team members each leave enamored with the process and event we completed, and that as a group, we are as tight that day as we are today.

My good captain you hve nothing to worry about. JB sees something in you, and eben though its been short oir team discussions have been great. You should not be worried at all, as I and im sure others habe the upmost confidence in you. Hell you already have the hat :). No fear we are dedicated and ready to honor our team and you.

Donne is one the nicest dudes you'll ever meet. We all come from different walks of life and will perform/act/react differently as captains, but I know that you guys on team Hackers have an absolute gem at the helm.

Not even a doubt in my mind. Out of your element Donne? More like out of your mind. #PerfectFit

I suppose my biggest fear is letting my team down in a big moment... But that all comes down to preparation, preparation, preparation.

That first tee shot...that feeling...is something I will have never felt before.

I suppose my biggest fear is letting my team down in a big moment... But that all comes down to preparation, preparation, preparation.

That first tee shot...that feeling...is something I will have never felt before.

You will be ready.

Donne is one the nicest dudes you'll ever meet. We all come from different walks of life and will perform/act/react differently as captains, but I know that you guys on team Hackers have an absolute gem at the helm.

Not even a doubt in my mind. Out of your element Donne? More like out of your mind. #PerfectFit

Donne is just sandbagging. Don't fall for it.

Donne I've said it from day 1. You are going to be a great captain. I have zero doubt about that.

Don't fear the big moment. Embrace it when it happens.

No fears. I've played in a couple events like this and know I am capable of doing well.

Lots of pressure this time around captaining that I didn't feel as a player though. It's a different ball game when you have to look at 7 guys after the event is over and you lost. I felt pretty rotten about that after the Grandaddy.

It's not suffocating me though :) Just motivation.

No fears. I've played in a couple events like this and know I am capable of doing well.

Lots of pressure this time around captaining that I didn't feel as a player though. It's a different ball game when you have to look at 7 guys after the event is over and you lost. I felt pretty rotten about that after the Grandaddy.

It's not suffocating me though :) Just motivation.

awful feeling. I remember walking off the green at 17 and looking the guys from our team and I just simply said "I'm sorry guys, I really thought it would be our day."

I have no fear of you letting the team down Nate.

You will be ready.

Our Captain has some plans in the works to prepare us.

Sandbagging already Donne? :act-up: Awesome guy from what I have heard!!!

awful feeling. I remember walking off the green at 17 and looking the guys from our team and I just simply said "I'm sorry guys, I really thought it would be our day."

Yea I was sort of stunned in CA. It sucked.

You see right through the hackers strategy. They are about to pounce like a cheetah.

----

Fears for me? Not reaching my own goals as a captain and a player. Not utilizing my tour rep enough. Beating the heat.

I guess they aren't fears. Just unknowns that I look forward to smashing into submission.

I don't have any fears. It's going to be an amazing weekend of golf, competition and reunion.

No fear.

One fear that I might have is not to make it on time to the second round first tee on Saturday. I had to literally run last year, without lunch, just from green to tee ASAP.

Back