Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

After the initial rounds with them (pre-fitting) I thought that maybe I was in over my head. But after some back-healing time and a good fitting I seem to be hitting them much better than my unfitted SGI clubs. I found them actually very forgiving compared to what my perception was beforehand.

The CB's def have more packed in there than the MC's and MB's (DUH on the last one, eh? Hahahaha) and are def IMO quite playable, I still don't think they're as playable for a broad range as the Speedblades, but the definitely sit in similar realms to me.

The lockers, and all the irony goodness they include, are amazing. Congrats guys. Super jealous!

That is where I will be having my fitting done.

I am also thinking of getting one done there…let me know what you think if you go before me. I have emailed him but have not called yet to make the appointment.

I am also thinking of getting one done there…let me know what you think if you go before me. I have emailed him but have not called yet to make the appointment.

Waiting to hear back from someone at TaylorMade but hopefully can get it scheduled soon. Would love to get a baseline fitting and be able to compare it to the numbers for my MC fitting.

You guys that are getting that free fitting from TaylorMade, if that's the MAT-T fitting package, it's unlike any other fitting you've probably had. It's generally pretty expensive, too. I haven't had one, but my friend had one at Reynolds Plantation at The Kingdom. He was blown away at how thorough it was. Congrats.

Looks like I'll finally get out for another round with the CB's tomorrow. My course has been closed all week because of the big snow we got here in the mountains. It'll be a little soft, I'm sure. I'm very anxious because my last round was so encouraging with these irons, and then I had to lay off for 7 days.

The CB's def have more packed in there than the MC's and MB's (DUH on the last one, eh? Hahahaha) and are def IMO quite playable, I still don't think they're as playable for a broad range as the Speedblades, but the definitely sit in similar realms to me.

I agree about the playability dude, the CB's are fantastic but still require some solid ball striking to get the most out of them, awesome clubs though I wish I had them lol.

I have to say, I have not been a fan of TM the last couple years, but I put these CBs in my hands today at the local shop and I am considering selling everything I have just to buy a set. They feel and look like everything I want in an iron, equipped with the KBS c-tapers off the rack, it was hard to walk away. I have been buying used irons for so long, I'm feeling the urge to treat myself soon...LOL

I don't think you'll get any arguments out of this crowd, one of the best irons made by TM in the past couple years. Simply beautiful.

Hi guys, I took my CB 6i for a spin yesteday and I have to say it had a crisper feel than I expected. Definitely higher launch than the MB or MC but that was to be expected.
The look of the club at address is so nice and compact. A lot sleeker than I expected. Not the longest club I've swung but consistent in ball flight and trajectory.

Hi guys, I took my CB 6i for a spin yesteday and I have to say it had a crisper feel than I expected. Definitely higher launch than the MB or MC but that was to be expected.
The look of the club at address is so nice and compact. A lot sleeker than I expected. Not the longest club I've swung but consistent in ball flight and trajectory.

Its a launcher for sure, the MC's are easy to elevate as well, but not quite like these.

Honestly thinking about having them taken a degree strong.

Its a launcher for sure, the MC's are easy to elevate as well, but not quite like these.

At the Ultimate Testing, I hit the CB 6i. Even I thought it went high.

At the Ultimate Testing, I hit the CB 6i. Even I thought it went high.

I adore the launch. The only thought of bending strong for me is to take them a little closer to what I'm accustomed to now numbers/distance wise, just a though. I'll be going to a higher launching shaft either way IF I do elect to change them. I want lighter and higher TBH.

I'll be taking all three 2* strong and 1/2* flat, too upright at this time

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

I adore the launch. The only thought of bending strong for me is to take them a little closer to what I'm accustomed to now numbers/distance wise, just a though. I'll be going to a higher launching shaft either way IF I do elect to change them. I want lighter and higher TBH.

I love the launch. For me, the shafts need to be a touch longer. With a lighter shaft, the cbs would have an added level of playability for you. I like that idea.

I love the launch. For me, the shafts need to be a touch longer. With a lighter shaft, the cbs would have an added level of playability for you. I like those idea.

Yep, I DO know that I need to go +1/2 from where they are now as I needed to be +1/4 on the SpeedBlades when I was fit.

I'm becoming a big fan of these to be honest, I was resistant at first, but they're everything my eye wanted the SpeedBlades to be with somewhat similar performance.

Yep, I DO know that I need to go +1/2 from where they are now as I needed to be +1/4 on the SpeedBlades when I was fit.

I'm becoming a big fan of these to be honest, I was resistant at first, but they're everything my eye wanted the SpeedBlades to be with somewhat similar performance.

I'm a big fan of the MCs. Similar shape to what I'm used to with some more forgiveness.

The entire Tour Preferred line is really well done.

I'm a big fan of the MCs. Similar shape to what I'm used to with some more forgiveness.

The entire Tour Preferred line is really well done.

I'm glad I moved from the MC's to the CB's. I can strike a golf ball, but I adore the extra forgiveness from these in exchange for the minimal profile change.

I'm glad I moved from the MC's to the CB's. I can strike a golf ball, but I adore the extra forgiveness from these in exchange for the minimal profile change.
No doubt about it, dude. The difference is incredible. Playing the sets back to back has me convinced the CBs would be so much better fit for me than the MCs. Will find some time to get some more swings with the CBs eventually, as those will more than likely be my Morgan Cup irons, but for now, the Apex have found their spot back in my bag.

Glad to hear this.... I'm thinking more and more about leaning towards the CBs

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

No doubt about it, dude. The difference is incredible. Playing the sets back to back has me convinced the CBs would be so much better fit for me than the MCs. Will find some time to get some more swings with the CBs eventually, as those will more than likely be my Morgan Cup irons, but for now, the Apex have found their spot back in my bag.

I can't blame you at all there. I'll be interested to see what you do MC wise if SpeedBlades are an option, the CB's or SB's...thats a good dilemma to have IMO.

Glad to hear this.... I'm thinking more and more about leaning towards the CBs

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Really solid irons. These and the SpeedBlades are the best performing irons TM has released in years IMO.

I can't blame you at all there. I'll be interested to see what you do MC wise if SpeedBlades are an option, the CB's or SB's...thats a good dilemma to have IMO.
I would go Speedblades, basically due to my lack of time with the CBs.

I know I can plug and play the Speedblades, the CBs I gamed off and on for 9 holes, so it's too much of an unknown.

I would go Speedblades, basically due to my lack of time with the CBs.

I know I can plug and play the Speedblades, the CBs I gamed off and on for 9 holes, so it's too much of an unknown.

That's my teammate right there, smart. I like it.

I do think we could get you some more time with the CB's soon though :alien:

Back