Phillip Seymour Hoffman found dead

GregDan

#DreamTeam
Reaction score
Handicap
So sad to hear this. He has always been one of my favorite actors.

RIP.

Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead with needle in arm: cops
By Larry Celona and Bruce GoldingFebruary 2, 2014 | 1:28pm
Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm — inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday morning, cops said.
A personal assistant found Hoffman’s body in an apartment at 35 Bethune St. and called 911 around 11:30 a.m, sources said.
Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said.
Hoffman, 46, publicly admitted in 2006 that he nearly succumbed to substance abuse after graduating from NYU’s drama school, but got sober in rehab.
“It was all that (drugs and alcohol), yeah. It was anything I could get my hands on…I liked it all,” he told “60 Minutes” as the time.
Last year, Hoffman reportedly checked himself into rehab again for ten days after relapsing in 2012.
TMZ said he began using prescription pills, then snorted heroin for about a week before realizing he needed help.

Last edited:
:( Was hoping he got past all of that stuff

Terrible news. Philip was a good actor. Unfortunately we see this all too often with Hollywood stars.

Dang that is rough. He was an incredible actor

RIP

Wow he was such a great actor, a dang tragedy he couldn't get past his addiction.

Just saw that. One great actor during his time. Sad. RIP.

That is a shock. Immensely talented, always thought his best work was yet to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terrible sad news to hear.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was a great actor, may he rest in peace.

Man that' crazy, such a great actor to go out at a young age.

Terrible news. He was a GREAT actor. My favorite role of his may have been in Almost Famous. Love that movie, and he is great in it.

Very, very sad news indeed. He was one of my favorite actors.

awful news. He was a really talented actor. Went to college in the Rochester area which was his hometown. When he won Best Actor in Capote it was a huge deal for the area.

Leaves a family behind. I feel sorry for them.

That's horrible news, he was a great talent. RIP Dude.

Addiction is a mutha effer

Man, that's pretty sad. Wish these people would get the help they need before it is too late.

Terrible to hear this

Yep always enjoyed his work. I know he had been to rehab a few times.

Great actor, tough to hear that he leaves three kids behind.

Pretty unfortunate. Was a great actor. You never know what demons people are fighting.

It's hard for me to sympathize with someone who has money, fame and most of all talent who decides to end it like this. He had access to hep and resources most of us could only wish for. I feel sorry for his kids most of all. It's all so unfortunate but always seems to happen.

Very sad. He was a great actor. Being famous can be such a curse.

Addiction discriminates against no one, wealth, health, or whatever, it's one of the worst things a person and their family can go through.

Sad news indeed, another senseless death because of an addiction.

My oldest brother was a heroin addict for years... Thank goodness he got clean. He told me once that had he not gotten "right", he would've ended up just like all heroin addicts: dead due to overdose. Sad for the family Hoffman leaves behind.

Back