What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the name of the course and where was it, if you don't mind me asking?

Tega Cay just a bit south of Charlotte across the border in SC.

Shot 73 +1 today. Hit the ball pretty well off the tee and hit some really good iron shots. Short game and putter really let me down. If the short game was decent, could have been in red numbers today. At least I know what I have to work on.

Solid round!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

OK, thanks. I remember you saying you we're in Charlotte today. Did you play with some THPers?

No didn't get to. Played with some locals that I was paired up with.

A very odd 94. Pars and doubles. But I guess that's what happens when you're working on swing changes. When they were good, they were great when they were bad, they were really bad.

A smooth 80.. had a chance to be a little better. Rolled a 30 footer on 16 to 2 inches. It literally ended up on the backside of the hole somehow. Followed that up with a missed birdie on 17 from about 8 feet. Bad putt.. and then missed a 25 footer for birdie on 18.

Really felt like I should have shot 79.

Played a round on at Belfair today. West course from the tips is 7100 yds, par 72. Shot 92. Started off solid with 41, then skunked up the start of the back and finished strong. Beautiful course, beautiful weather today. May head out tomorrow afternoon as we're supposed to have a high of 75.

www.belfair1811.com

Played with SkiBumGolfer out at Lake Padden today. Shot 48/50 98. Had a rough back nine but finished with par on the last three holes to stop the bleeding. Happy it was 5 shots better than the last time out there at least.

Was a fun round bud. I shot a mediocre 45/46 = 91. Couldn't hit a green but was putting lights out on the front 9, and started hitting the irons well on the back but then subsequently lost the putting touch on the back 9. Just couldn't get anything going, but it was great to be out there on a very nice February day in great company, even if they closed the damn Coyote Grill!

Played with SkiBumGolfer out at Lake Padden today. Shot 48/50 98. Had a rough back nine but finished with par on the last three holes to stop the bleeding. Happy it was 5 shots better than the last time out there at least.

Was a fun round bud. I shot a mediocre 45/46 = 91. Couldn't hit a green but was putting lights out on the front 9, and started hitting the irons well on the back but then subsequently lost the putting touch on the back 9. Just couldn't get anything going, but it was great to be out there on a very nice February day in great company, even if they closed the damn Coyote Grill!

Nice! Glad you guys had a great time. I wouldn't beat yourself up over putting woes at Lake Padden because those greens were gnarly and super tough to get any kind of read on.

Nice! Glad you guys had a great time. I wouldn't beat yourself up over putting woes at Lake Padden because those greens were gnarly and super tough to get any kind of read on.

I think we would both agree with you there haha. They are such good greens for this time of year, really, and they roll fairly true, but the contours are so hard to see.

I think we would both agree with you there haha. They are such good greens for this time of year, really, and they roll fairly true, but the contours are so hard to see.

I remember asking you guys what you saw on a 7 foot putt I had there. John said "1 cup left", you said "1 cup right" and I thought it was damn straight. I left it about 2 feet short so we'll never know.

I remember asking you guys what you saw on a 7 foot putt I had there. John said "1 cup left", you said "1 cup right" and I thought it was damn straight. I left it about 2 feet short so we'll never know.

Hah yep. Pretty common occurrence. Remember the green on hole 4, that uphill par 3 you ended up chipping out of the woods on? Still haven't figured out how to give that one enough break. It just cuts so freakin hard toward the woods. I one putted there today on almost pure luck cause I couldn't figure out how much break to give it, so I just mashed it through the break and got lucky that it dropped or I would have been 15 feet past hahaha

Hah yep. Pretty common occurrence. Remember the green on hole 4, that uphill par 3 you ended up chipping out of the woods on? Still haven't figured out how to give that one enough break. It just cuts so freakin hard toward the woods. I one putted there today on almost pure luck cause I couldn't figure out how much break to give it, so I just mashed it through the break and got lucky that it dropped or I would have been 15 feet past hahaha

I had actually erased that hole from my memory. But that sounds like one helluva putt!

Played in an assoc. event on Saturday, along with several other DFW THPer's.

Weatherman got it wrong. I left the house in shorts and a light rain jacket. Good thing I had rain pants and another jacket, along with my winter knit cap with me. 1/2way to the course, I almost turned around to go get pants. But, I figured I'd be okay since I was walking. At tee time, it was 43, windchill 37. Winds out of NNW at 12mph.

79 (40/39)
8 FW
6 GIR
33 Putts (4 3-putts)
1/3 Sand
2 birdies
2nd Net, 1 skin

Struck the ball pretty well. Pins were real tricky, especially with winter cold/wind drying out the greens. My biggest issue was putting from off the green and short chips. I'll chalk it up to the cold weather effecting touch. Glad I played and got to see a bunch of THPer's on the course.

Shot 79 yesteday with two out if nowhere doubles due to three shanked wedges.ugh!!!

Played yesterday, didn't see my final tally on the card but I'm sure it was in the low 90's. I had some good shots and squeaked out 4 pars. Had the Panda with me so we were working a lot on swing mechanics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving to the course today hungover and depressed I did not expect great things. However I shot 44/39=83 for the best round of my trip. Played Silverstone today which was a nice course and worth playing again. Back to the cold in the morning. Hopefully I can get in some rounds before Hilton Head.

(+2) 37. I played up a tee box and it got me in trouble a few times with hitting into bunkers I normally can't reach. Had a few great shots into greens but couldn't get a putt to drop. I feel like I am so close yet so far from getting back under par consistently.

I got to play for the first time in over a week and it was UGLY! Good thing I made a mile of putts or it would have been awful. (41, 47) 88 Now it is raining again, I don't like winter:curse:

+3, 39 for 9 holes today.

Thanks to my short game and the ability to get up and down a few times, I was able to save a decent score. Hadnt planned on playing 9, but was finished at the range and the front was empty so I hopped on the course.

Hit 5/7 fairways, with my misses being small. Hit 5/9 greens, which isnt great but I wasnt too upset with it.

All in all, it was just good to be on the course.

What did you shoot today?

Shot a 95. 50/45 31 putts. Put it together a bit on the back. Straightened out the hook, short game was improved, and putted well. Just gotta get the irons ironed out and I may break 90 for the first time ever.

Thanks to my short game and the ability to get up and down a few times, I was able to save a decent score. Hadnt planned on playing 9, but was finished at the range and the front was empty so I hopped on the course.

Hit 5/7 fairways, with my misses being small. Hit 5/9 greens, which isnt great but I wasnt too upset with it.

I'll take 5/9 greens any day. Nice work dude.

Solid round, dude. Great FIR.

I'll take 5/9 greens any day. Nice work dude.
Been struggling a bit with accuracy, so today I forced myself to club up and swing easy. Stayed in control, and the results were there for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back