Favorite Golf Course/s

wrayner83

Reaction score
Handicap
So most of us have played more golf courses than we can even remember but there are always those one or two that stick out in your mind always. I've always enjoyed hearing about where other guys have played and why it sticks out to them. Mine has to be Bayonne Golf Club in Bayonne, NJ. Being from Jersey we obviously have are blessed with a ton of GREAT golf courses but Bayonne is the one that always sticks out to me. While I've never been to Ireland or Scotland, once you walk down into the first fairway at Bayonne, you really get the feeling that you are somewhere other than a couple miles from the Statue of Liberty and NYC. The character and layout of the golf course is phenomenal and if you ever get the opportunity to play there DO NOT pass it up. Would love to hear more from fellow THPers. Cheers!!

photo3_zps075503de.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo1_zps1df1d173.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo2_zps24c4737e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
One of my favorites was Briarwood in Ankeny, Iowa.

I do believe my favorite that I have played is Caledonia.

Love the course, and it has sentimental values as well.

Wolf Creek in mesquite. Just love that place even though it kicks my arse.

Here's my top 10:

1. Yale
2. Chambers Bay
3. Kapalua Plantation
4. Harbour Town
5. Rustic Canyon
6. Glen Mills
6. Atlantic City Country Club
8. TPC Louisiana
9. Trump National L.A.
10. Ravisloe

Taps away

The Clive and Dye Courses at the hideaway. Unreal!

So most of us have played more golf courses than we can even remember but there are always those one or two that stick out in your mind always. I've always enjoyed hearing about where other guys have played and why it sticks out to them. Mine has to be Bayonne Golf Club in Bayonne, NJ. Being from Jersey we obviously have are blessed with a ton of GREAT golf courses but Bayonne is the one that always sticks out to me. While I've never been to Ireland or Scotland, once you walk down into the first fairway at Bayonne, you really get the feeling that you are somewhere other than a couple miles from the Statue of Liberty and NYC. The character and layout of the golf course is phenomenal and if you ever get the opportunity to play there DO NOT pass it up. Would love to hear more from fellow THPers. Cheers!!
I lived at the Alexan on the Bayonne peninsula, and walked along the path adjacent to the golf course many times. It looked incredible from there, and I was always bummed that I never got a chance to play it.

My favorite course is any of the ones I played in Hilton Head. Harbourtown was fun, but I liked the other Sea Pines and Palmetto Dunes courses just as much.

So far in my life I would say TPC Deere Run and the Arnold Palmer designed one in Bloomington,IL The Den at Fox Creek.

For me it would be Torrey Pines and Bandon Dunes

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Bethpage Black for me!

Only played it once, but just for the history behind it, I would have to say the Brabazon course at The Belfry, even though it gave me a good kicking

If I had to choose a course that I play more often, then I would pick Ramside Hall, it has a nice combination of risk/reward holes, a challenge for the better golfer but still a course that anyone can get round and some nice scenery and views from the high points of the course

I haven't actually played a ton of golf courses but here's my top 5:

1) Tobiano
images

2) Hyde Mountain
l.jpg

3) Kauai Lagoons
Kauai_Lagoons_Golf_Club_207452.jpg

4) Northview Ridge (my home course)
Northview-Golf-Ridge-Course.jpg

5) Northview Canal (also home course, no pic)

Heathland: Moortown, designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie and hosted the Ryder Cup in 1929.

Links: Wallasey, the home of Dr Stableford

Parkland: The Centurion Club. A new club and fantastic track that has a bit of everything for everyone.

Seaside Course, Sea Island, GA

1390171242042_zpssm7ykmhh.jpg

Golf Club of Estrella, Goodyear, AZ
EstrellaC300.jpg

Bears Best, Atlanta, GA
BearsBestAtlanta-Suwanee-GA-course-hero-bridge-560x310_singleImage.jpg

Arrowhead CC by Arnold Palmer, Glendale, AZ
(It's been a very long time, though)

hole8.jpg

El Campeon, Mission Inn, Howey-in-the-Hills, FL
MissionCamp16.jpg

And ANY course I've played with THPers. Always.

I'd have to start this list with the Hideaway Courses. Better than anything that I've ever seen.

Also on the list of favorites that I've played:

Ocean Course

Royal County Down

Favorite that I have played would be Hammock Beach in Palm Coast.

A few I want to experience are Whistling Straits, Pebble and Wolf Creek.

I do believe my favorite that I have played is Caledonia.

Love the course, and it has sentimental values as well.

I agree the Caledonia Golf and Fish Club is one of my favorites as well. It is a must play on any Myrtle Beach trip. On one occasion, I was sitting on the porch of the Club house having some post round beverages with my buds. Next to us were some what appeared to be long retired local types that were placing bets on the groups approaching the finishing hole that requires a shot over water. They would bet on which player would be closest to the hole as each group approached. One of the gentlemen would let any given player know if they cost him money.

My professional life (business meetings) has provided me the opportunity to play some nice venues. But I play most of my golf on the Delmarva. Accordingly my favorite venues that I often play are Baywood Greens in Delaware and the Links at Lighthouse Sound on the Assawoman Bay.

Caladonia has to be up there for me, just an amazing course all the way through.

I'm also a big fan of Ledgestone golf club in Branson, MO. Fantastic layout with plenty of elevation changes and just a beauty of a course.

I don't really play many jaw dropping courses. Much of my course budget is spent each year on my home course, which I absolutely love. A Palmer design, it tests me every time I play it and is home to three wonderfully difficult finishing holes.

Spending time at THP Las Vegas with THP last year tops my list pretty quickly though. While it was more about the experience, playing at the Highlands of Elgin last year at the IL Invitational was very cool -- Being able to see clear across the golf course at times was a heck of an experience.

River's Edge, another Palmer course in Shallotte, NC is also one of my favourites. For crazy views, the Highlands Links in Cape Breton Islands (Nova Scotia) was unbelievable looking out on the ocean.

I like to think I can find something unique about many of the courses I play that stands out. Maybe that'll change when I get on a few more premier tracks, but for now, I'm more of a lover of it all kind of guy hahaha

Dang, totally forgot about TPC Vegas....talk about amazing layout and views

Two courses that I absolutely loved playing this year were Thistle near N. Myrtle Beach and Seven Lakes in the Sandhills.

I loved El Campeon, but it ate my lunch.

So far, my favorites I have played are:

Torrey Pines South
Troon Monument
We Ko Pa Saguaro
El Campeon
Aviara

Dang, totally forgot about TPC Vegas....talk about amazing layout and views

Shadow Creek in Vegas is quite the experience as well, from the limo ride, to the locker room to a course that is like playing in Carolina as opposed to a desert. It only cost me and some associates 10 hours on a Bellagio dice table. Fortunately for me, my associates were a lot higher rollers than I and a foursome was comped.

Back