Jake, we'll miss you terribly here behind the scenes. In a big, big way. So many great memories I have are directly because of you buddy. Thanks for all that you've done and I can't wait till we can tip back the next cold one together.

I remember back when KellyBo and myself stepped off the plane, met you for the first time, rode to PGA National and met Jake for nine holes of golf. Awesome memory of meeting and talking with Jake throughout the weekend and getting to know a class guy. I'm so proud to call him a friend of mine and buddy, you did one hell of a job for THP :clapp:

Jake: you will be missed as an equipment reviewer and as a member of Team THP. You've done a tremendous job over the years and your efforts have been greatly beneficial to the forum.

See you in Dallas brother!

i like you Jake and that's no secret.

Great stuff, P4B! Appreciate your openness. I've only tested one set of irons and a pair of shoes and it was a lot of responsibility. I can't even imagine having to test multiple clubs at once. Sure, it sounds like a ton of fun, but there is a huge responsibility!

Jake,
I have enjoyed reading your reviews over my brief time here and appreciate the work that you have put into each and every one. Your hard work has played a valuable part in making this community what it is today, and the way in which you relayed your decision to step down certainly speaks volumes to the character you also brought to our online family. Thank you for your service, and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you at a future THP event.

Jake, I can't say enough how much I've enjoyed your reviews on such a variety of products. I'm sure it was a hard decision to step down, but your post was well written (like your reviews) and so full of class. Look forward to meeting you in Dallas, and maybe hitting up Quarry Oaks at some point before the MC. Thanks for all you've done for THP.

Classy move Jake. I will miss your well written reviews, but I look forward to seeing who steps in to fill your big shoes!

Jason - Thank you for all the time and effort you have put in as a THP staff member over the years. I cannot imagine how you guys balance everything (life, work, THP work - on and off the course, and family). Glad to know you will still be here though as it wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll miss you being on staff, Jake. Glad to hear you're off time is very busy though.

One of your reviews is what brought me to THP in the first place, so thank you! Best of luck on all of your endeavors and see you around the forum.

Thanks Jake for all your hard work over the years! It was reading equipment reviews & their threads that got me to join THP in the first place, and I'm sure that's true for a lot of us here. I really apprciate the effort it took to do this!

Jake, you have always done a great job as not only an equipment tester but an ambassador for THP! You are an amazing guy and being around you is never a dull moment.

But you are also one of the easiest guys to talk to and always have time for everyone, I can truly say I am a better person for knowing you and one of my favorite memories from the first Morgan Cup I participated in was you and I loading up in the back of SHARKWRESLERRRRRR's van and heading to the airport and then just sitting and talking about everything for 5 hours while we waited for our flights.

You truly are one of the good guys.

As I sit and watch it snow again, I too cant wait until Dallas, first beer is on me :) your reviews were always spot on and I appreciate all the time and work you have put into THP :)

Jake, You sir are a class act. Your reviews will truly be missed. I appreciate all you have done for THP. While I am bummed you won't be doing reviews any longer, I am glad you'll still be around

Jake while I haven't met you, I want to thank you for your past reviews and your future contributions to the site. I can't wait for the Morgan cup so I can finally meet a legend around here.

Well I hope this doesn't mean we won't be seeing any more videos of you running around in your yard wearing a bath towel cape!

Seriously Jake, you've done a terrific job with the equipment reviews and your presence on the boards is always helpful and first-class. You've passed the baton eloquently and the other great staffers can take it and run.

Jake,
Gonna miss reading your reviews my man. You have always went out of your way to say Hi at the events we have shared together and thats been pretty awesome. You always have a smile and your face and quick joke about anything. You're nothing but class and your work here will be missed. Glad that you are still going to be around the forum and looking forward to sharing some beers in MB.

Does this mean there's an equipment tester spot open?!

This thread is about a guy that gave up a lot for the last 5 years to be a part of the green and white. He is family. Lets give him the respect he has earned before trying to grab his position.

Jake,

You have been one of my buddies on this site since we met at the first outing at PGA National. Getting to know you throughout this time has been fantastic. I know this is not goodbye but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for everything you have brought to THP. We've shared some unbelievable experiences together and I hope those continue to happen. Thanks for all the reviews and hard work you have done as a staff writer, equipment tester, IT support, and for being a friend. You are one of the many reasons for the success of this place.

Thanks for all the reviews and hard work, Jake. It will be missed no doubt. Hope to meet you in person someday. Beers on me!!

Meeting Jake in Vegas, then the absolute pleasure it was to be his partner for the weekend was a pure joy!
I've enjoyed the very well written informative reviews. Jake was an asset as an equipment tester, and also as a member of THP.
Quality people don't come along every day, Jake sir, you are first class!

Jake, my friend, I have had the pleasure of meeting you In Vegas and to hear this makes me sad. You bleed the green and white and on top of it all you are a blast and a stand up guy. I hate that you won't be doing anymore reviews but you did a great job in your tenure and made me buy quite a few things because of that. So thank you for your time and I hope we can tee it up again sometime in the future.

Jake, you are an asset to THP for sure man, it's been a pleasure getting to know you. I'm so glad you'll still be around. Whomever steps in has huge shoes to fill!

Jake, first of all thanks for the great contribution over the years. I've been reading your reviews since I stumbled onto THP. While it will be a bit of a bummer to see you go in this sense, I understand that club testing is a full time job on top of the rest of your life. First class, man. First class.

Back