What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+3, 39 for 9 holes today.

Thanks to my short game and the ability to get up and down a few times, I was able to save a decent score. Hadnt planned on playing 9, but was finished at the range and the front was empty so I hopped on the course.

Hit 5/7 fairways, with my misses being small. Hit 5/9 greens, which isnt great but I wasnt too upset with it.

All in all, it was just good to be on the course.

Ill take that number all day long on the FIRs with only small misses.

I'm feeling left out, so I shot a 40 (+4) on the simulator tonight. Two 3-putt bogeys and an ugly double. We play no gimmies and no max putts. I struggled on the greens, and hit a few bad tee shots, but overall my swing felt good and I struck the ball well.

I thought the round was terrible until the score was added up - 90. Scrambling saved the day. Only hit one fairway driving, I haven't sliced the ball so bad in a long time. To make it worse, I was also pushing it right to start off. Hit the irons pretty well out of the trouble the driver got me in and made some really good chips and pitches that allowed a lot of (8) one putts!!! Only 29 putts today, 3 putted one time. Ended up with a 8 on a par 5 that included a penalty and 3 putts, worse hole of the day. 0 birdies, 7 pars, 7 bogies, 1 double and 3 triples. looking forward to Thursdays round.

Haven't added it up yet, but I think around 95. I 3 putted at least half the holes and had no 1 putts. So at least 45 putts, probably more. Many times I had a longer second put than my first putt. FAST greens.

Played in my winter league on the sim tonight. Shot a 2 over 39. Forever reason I've lost my touch putting on the sim. It used to be one of the areas that was always a way I picked up strokes on the field. Not sure if it's because I've been practicing real putting or what. Had a double and a bogey and a birdie and the rest pars.

(+4) 39.
Had a 3 putt, an amazing birdie on the hardest hole, and couldn't hit the rbz more than 20 yards the two times I tried
tap tap taparoo

44/38=82 in today's blitz. That put me at -4 so naturally I did not win (plus is good in a blitz) Hit 10 of 12 FWs with driver and only used 29 putts but that is because I got up and down 7 times to skewer the stats. Only hit 4 GIRS. Had 3 doubles, 4 bogeys and 11 pars, no birds. Played with 3 good friends so it was a good day.

Last edited:
Nice DD!

44/38=82 in today's blitz. The put me at -4 so naturally I did not win (plus is good in a blitz) Hit 10 of 12 FWs with driver and only used 29 putts but that is because I got up and down 7 times to skewer the stats. Only hit 4 GIRS. Had 3 doubles, 4 bogeys and 11 pars, no birds. Played with 3 good friends so it was a good day.

Not a bad score at all considering the girs

44/38=82 in today's blitz. The put me at -4 so naturally I did not win (plus is good in a blitz) Hit 10 of 12 FWs with driver and only used 29 putts but that is because I got up and down 7 times to skewer the stats. Only hit 4 GIRS. Had 3 doubles, 4 bogeys and 11 pars, no birds. Played with 3 good friends so it was a good day.

Wow that's a pretty damn good score considering the GIRS, sounds like you were a scrambling machine DD!

82 with 4 greens is awe2 scrambing

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Dawg can get it up in the back of a pickup truck :thumb:. Good scrambling partner :golf2:

51/45-96 at Moraga CC (California). Finished the front nine with two snowmen. Putted better than yesterday and had a chip in birdie.

Not great, but it beat being in the snow in Kansas City.

Had one of those rounds that was very encouraging. The score (42/45=87) was not very exciting, but for the first time in weeks I felt that I struck the ball incredibly solid. I hit my driver exceptionally well and my misses were a setup issue and easily fixed during the round. My iron striking was so much more pure than of late. My usual strength, wedges, failed me a few times and were the difference between my 87 and shooting in the low 80s. My putter was a fickle beast, I made a 15 foot par save, a 20 foot birdie putt and a 12 foot bogey save, but missed multiple 4 footers for par!:angry:

An example of the wedge issues... bomb a drive to the middle, second shot just short into a bunker, great look with tons of green to work with and I pick my sand shot ridiculously clean and launch it 30 feet past the flag leaving myself a downhill chip, a complete meltdown later and presto(!) an 8!

Regardless it was great to get out and was a beautiful day. I also got to watch a good friend (who is a +1) go low! He was -5 on the front and after giving a few back finished at -3. Pretty awesome to watch a buddy carve up a tough course.

Shocking front nine and shot a 43 then came back 11 shots better on back nine for a 32 with 3 birdies and an eagle for a 75 overall - not sure how to feel about a 75 with 32 on one nine haha

Shocking front nine and shot a 43 then came back 11 shots better on back nine for a 32 with 3 birdies and an eagle for a 75 overall - not sure how to feel about a 75 with 32 on one nine haha

Solid turnaround at least! Nice job of turning it around on the back 9

That's one heck of a back 9 dude. I'd be happy with it!

Great back 9! I'll take that 75 any day. Haha

No matter how you see it, 75 is a solid round!

Whoa now....straight ballin

What's this golf thing you speak of...feels like forever since I last played

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

94 today and that's about all I got to say about it :beat-up:. Great company with T0AD coming up and checking out my new stomping grounds. I'll get the score back down when things dry up a bit :thumb:

30 degrees and no wind - a blessing to play amid all the horrible weather people on the East Coast are having. Shot a 91 which I'm OK with. Should have been mid to low 80's as approach shots were just skyrocketing off the rock hard greens into all kinds of trouble and sand traps were frozen solid.

Dude that's great. A 91 in those conditions. It's flipping -30 below zero wind chill in Chicago and we have 4 feet of snow on the ground. I'm dying not being able to play Golf.

I played last November in Boca Raton, FL and haven't played since. Last year we played at the end of March in IL. It's probably going to be mid April this year.

30 degrees and no wind - a blessing to play amid all the horrible weather people on the East Coast are having. Shot a 91 which I'm OK with. Should have been mid to low 80's as approach shots were just skyrocketing off the rock hard greens into all kinds of trouble and sand traps were frozen solid.

97 today at longwood in farmville, 29 degrees to start, 35 to finish. My 60* wedge killed me today. Skull, fat, skull, fat, repeat. I didnt want to hit it, but the greens were so hard and fast, and I kept getting into situations where I had to carry something. Thats as 97 with a birdie and 4 pars!!! Haven't played in a month though, so glad to be out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back