Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten yards off the green, the pin was 10 yards on the green. Had a downhill lie so I took a PW and landed it exactly where I wanted to, a foot on the green. As soon as it hit the spot I said "watch this shot!" and it went right to the bottom of the cup for a birdie 4.

I only have a few times where I KNOW it is a perfect shot each year. A lot of times I know it has a chance or might be close, but this one I knew it was in as soon as it hit the green. I have one less coming in 2014!

Short 310 yard par 4 was downwind today so teed ball high and flew driver on to green to 20 feet from pin and dropped putt for an eagle.

Saying I played like utter crap today would be insulting to utter crap. 14 over on 9 holes. There's always that one shot that makes you come back the next day though.
I was under a tree, about 4 feet from the trunk. There was a really low branch hanging infront of my ball, and punching it out straight meant facing almost straight to the right. I took my 7i and set up for a punch draw, flicking my wrists over at the last moment. Hit it perfectly, and the ball went about 70 yards, sitting right in the middle of the fairway. :D
I then proceeded to duff the next shot, miss the green, chip on and putt a lousy two to make double :|

EDIT: In my defense, it had rained really heavy this morning, and the course was damp.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

The one from my last round I can't get out of my mind is a mere sandwedge. I pulled my teeshot into an area covered with shells, had a terrible lie that I managed to get out of a lot better then I thought.. Only to see my ball carry right over the fairway and end up about 50cm from a tree. Lie wasn't bad and I had a clear shot to the flag. Flag just 2m on the green, guarded by a mahoosive bunker and a lot of wind I had to hit straight into.
I guessed it was about 55m or so, decided to hit a full sandwedge -I seldom hit a full sandwedge-. Good contact, went dead straight to the flag, landed just 2cm right of the cup. Had an 80cm put for birdie that I made. Good par :)

Shot of the day? Shot of the year so far!

Par 5 @ Lane Creek with Ole Gray. (link to Lane Creek thread)

Hit a decent drive, although a bit right, then proceeded to totally top a 3W to the left side of the fairway.

Still 192 yards to a middle-back pin, I pull a five iron and swing away.
What came off the club was a beauty of a high, babiest-of-fade, shots that landed middle green and stopped about 4.5 feet behind the flag.
Lined up the putt on the left edge and sank the birdie!

Best shot in forever, especially with a long iron.

PS if you're anywhere near this course, you MUST go play it.

Shot of the day? Shot of the year so far!

Par 5 @ Lane Creek with Ole Gray. (link to Lane Creek thread)

Hit a decent drive, although a bit right, then proceeded to totally top a 3W to the left side of the fairway.

What came off the club was a beauty of a high, babiest-of-fade, shots that landed middle green and stopped about 4.5 feet behind the flag.
Lined up the putt on the left edge and sank the birdie!

Best shot in forever, especially with a long iron.

PS if you're anywhere near this course, you MUST go play it.

Dude that was an awesome shot! It looked like the ball was hanging in the air ala slow motion and settled in by the pin like a butterfly with sore feet. :bulgy-eyes:

Great shot T0AD, congrats on an awesome birdie.

I agree that Lane Creek is a must play course.

Apex 5 iron? I assume so, but can't remember if that is what you are still playing.

Apex 5 iron? I assume so, but can't remember if that is what you are still playing.

Of course. May be the only irons I play for many years.

3h from 195, par 4. Got the birdie.

Thats my teammate!

Simple game....gooooo coookie

I hate rain. So so much. Slipped on a drive and nearly topped it. 360 out, layup to 150. Third shot hits the stick and settles 2in from the cup.

Nice par...

Did not play until the last hole today. Stuck my 126 approach to a foot.

Second shot on the first hole. 54* wedge to 1' from 91 yards.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I hate rain. So so much. Slipped on a drive and nearly topped it. 360 out, layup to 150. Third shot hits the stick and settles 2in from the cup.

Nice par...

Nice. Where did you play? We slogged through Quail Hollow in this rain.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Knock down 8 iron from 145 on a par 3 with slight left to right and head wind to 18 inches. If the greens would not have been so soggy, it may have gone in as it was tracking perfectly on line. That was one of my few bright spots today unfortunately...

Hit a monster 7 wood from 245 out to get on a par 5 in two. The ball flight was like something you'd see on the pro tour. Just a massive soaring draw that landed soft and nestled at the back of the green. Goosebumps.

Hit a monster 7 wood from 245 out to get on a par 5 in two. The ball flight was like something you'd see on the pro tour. Just a massive soaring draw that landed soft and nestled at the back of the green. Goosebumps.

Damn dude. 245 yard 7 wood is legit, nice one.

Seems you really loke your 7w! Great shot

3h from 195, par 4. Got the birdie.

Yep that's the one that took me out of the match really--starting pressing from there and blew myself out of it (literally OOB 2 holes later)

Damn dude. 245 yard 7 wood is legit, nice one.

Seems you really loke your 7w! Great shot

In the interest of full disclosure I had a 35mph wind at my back, but the shot still needed to be executed and it was just awesome.
The Bio Cell 5/7 set to 20* playing a half-flex soft at 5.5 seems to be really working out well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back