Magellan Roadmate RV 9365T-LMB Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Many people have asked if we use special equipment in the Tour Van due to its size and the answer is yes.

Having an RV specific GPS had been a savior as it maps you only in areas your vehicle is capable of. Here is the new Magellan Roadmate and it's a beauty.

We will use this thread to update the device as we continue to use it during our 2014 THP Event Series.

meqyjasy.jpg

esuve5a3.jpg

Size compared to GG's LG G2 smartphone.

y2e9e9uq.jpg

That is pretty awesome. I talked to you a bit about this at the PGA Show and to be honest it never even crossed my mind that a special GPS is needed for RV's and such because of the height issues, makes perfect sense but just never crossed my mind.

Pretty cool to see something like this reviewed, and if anyone can put it through its paces its THP and the Tour Van.

The thought never even crossed my mind that they made RV specific GPS or that you would need one, but it makes perfect sense. That thing looks ginormous (size of a tablet?), is it supposed to mount on the dash, or are they assuming a copilot?

Didn't know you needed RV specific equipment. Turn by turn direction or just visual displays?

• Admin
The thought never even crossed my mind that they made RV specific GPS or that you would need one, but it makes perfect sense. That thing looks ginormous (size of a tablet?), is it supposed to mount on the dash, or are they assuming a copilot?

Its 7". You can do either with it, but we use it as a copilot device with GG running things.

Didn't know you needed RV specific equipment. Turn by turn direction or just visual displays?

It does it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the new Tour Van have restrictions on where it can go? I know when you had the huge Motor Home there would be issues, but never thought there would be issues with this one. Or is it more for where you park overnight?

At any rate, I would love to have this big a screen on my GPS!

I can see the benefit of having an RV specific GPS device, never really gave it much thought really. It makes a ton of sense for those in this market. Do you load in any specifics about the Unit your driving or is it a standard for all RVs?

• Admin
Does the new Tour Van have restrictions on where it can go? I know when you had the huge Motor Home there would be issues, but never thought there would be issues with this one. Or is it more for where you park overnight?

At any rate, I would love to have this big a screen on my GPS!

Its 24 feet long and 10 feet high. There are definitely restrictions on where it will fit.

I can see the benefit of having an RV specific GPS device, never really gave it much thought really. It makes a ton of sense for those in this market. Do you load in any specifics about the Unit your driving or is it a standard for all RVs?

You load some info. Height, length, width, weight, etc.

Thst height eliminates it from fast food drive through in most cases
# bummer lol

It's a great device, it helps us know where we can find a place with diesel, and the best prices. It can tell us where there is a place to fill up our propane tank and clean out our tanks. And while it's RV specific, so we know if we can make clearances, it's also great for the every day driver. It has a TON of info, like nearest rest stop, what's at the rest stop, what hotels, restaurants and gas stations are at the exits up ahead, etc.

It's a great device, it helps us know where we can find a place with diesel, and the best prices. It can tell us where there is a place to fill up our propane tank and clean out our tanks. And while it's RV specific, so we know if we can make clearances, it's also great for the every day driver. It has a TON of info, like nearest rest stop, what's at the rest stop, what hotels, restaurants and gas stations are at the exits up ahead, etc.

Sounds pretty useful for sure. With it being the size of a tablet, is there an app you can get for an existing tablet to cover all these features? I'm guessing this is priced less than most tablets?

Sounds pretty useful for sure. With it being the size of a tablet, is there an app you can get for an existing tablet to cover all these features? I'm guessing this is priced less than most tablets?

Im not sure if you could. Im guessing not as well as this thing. It truly has just about everything one could ever need. The features for both knowledge, directions and safety are top notch.

Im not sure if you could. Im guessing not as well as this thing. It truly has just about everything one could ever need. The features for both knowledge, directions and safety are top notch.

This is far more advanced than some app would give you. It's also the same price as most tablets, the MSRP is $350.

Before you guys started traveling for THP I had no idea they even had these specific type units, but it makes a ton of sense based on the size of the vehicle.

Very helpful for RV or OTR trucks. The big guys can't cruise on just any street.
Some roads will get you ticketed.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I imagine it's worth every penny though.

I think so. Peace of mind for starters. Without question we know there are roads that even in the Sprinter we don't fit on.

Very nice. Looks like it has everything you could possibly need.

Very nice, liking the size of this. RV specific GPS makes sense, could only imagine some of the situations you could run into (pun intended) without that!

So this GPS is legit! JB is on the road and because of traffic he is going to need to stop for the night. I booked him a hotel, sent him the address, and he said rather than having to cancel his original route, he just added the stop, the GPS found the address right away, and now he's on his way. Our old one would have taken 5 minutes just to find the new address.

That's badass GG, handy as heck

She is not kidding. It is the best I have used to date. THe best feature is the traffic feature which constantly updates you as you drive with traffic ahead and then suggests other routes to take if it slows down quite a bit.

Glad to hear that. Definitely a plus for any hard core traveler on the road.

Magellan Roadmate RV 9365T-LMB Review

This little GPS is awesome. Shows you what the speed limit is as it adjusts, which is always helpful when you miss a sign.

GPS is quick to find all gas stations, food stops, rest stops etc within your own mileage radius. Works incredibly well especially with a vehicle that has size limitation.

Will be fun to mess around with this more on the trip once we don't need it to get to our hotel!

Used this GPS a bit more this weekend. Definitely significantly better than using Apple or even Google Maps as far as directions. Apple and Google had difficulty finding our hotel even with the address plugged in, the Magellan had zero issues.

Huge fan of the traffic updates and alternative route option if it becomes an issue.

Back