Storm Bearing down on the south

Yep, I've been seeing sparks and hearing pops for about two hours now. Starting to get chilly, too. All wrapped up in blankets.

Stay warm buddy :beat-up:. Heck you might have to go sleep at the college huh?

My inlaws lost power and so did the house next to them but every other house on the street is good to go. They are sleeping at the neighbors tonight.

Storm Bearing down on the south

Stay warm buddy :beat-up:. Heck you might have to go sleep at the college huh?

That might've been an option about an hour ago, but we saw a couple of wrecks coming home from supper. Not risking it anymore tonight. Don't think I didn't think about it, though! Haha

Stay warm guys.
A lot of people here have lost power but they seem to be getting it back on fairly quickly. Lots of tree and limbs down.

We're lucky to be north of all the ice. It's been snowing pretty much non-stop since before Noon, but only really started accumulating around sunset.

Hope all of you stay warm and get power back as soon as possible.

Here in Richmond, VA... Looking at 8" out of the window and it has turned to sleet now. Expected to sleet for the entire freaking night.

FML FML.

6" now and wind is blowing hard. Supposed to be in the 10-15+ range for snow, I freaking hate winter...

It looks like we missed the worst up here in North Georgia, mostly snow and most of it melted before last night. Now have maybe 4-5 inches that fell last night. Spotty outages all around here but I'm lucky this time. Now we are under curfew until 10 am.

How are you guys down in the middle of the state doing? Power still out? Ken, did you lose power?

All you folks in the storm corridor and all you folks down in the middle of Georgia, careful out there!

Looks like we ended up with 6-8 inches of accumulation. Hopefully enough for the kids to get a good play in, but then melt off before too long. Out power did go out this morning, hope that won't last too long.

Not sure how much we actually got but it looked to be more than a foot....... WOW

It would be OK with the snow, but the inch of ice on top of it just takes any fun out of it.

It looks like we missed the worst up here in North Georgia, mostly snow and most of it melted before last night. Now have maybe 4-5 inches that fell last night. Spotty outages all around here but I'm lucky this time. Now we are under curfew until 10 am.

How are you guys down in the middle of the state doing? Power still out? Ken, did you lose power?

All you folks in the storm corridor and all you folks down in the middle of Georgia, careful out there!

We didn't lose power, thankfully. I'm watching the last of the snow clouds passing just South of me, dumping some more on that side of our community. It will be two or three days before we can get out, depending on temperatures. If we don't lose power, and the propane holds out, we'll be fine.

We're safe and dry and warm this morning so all is good. No power outages here now all we have to do is hope this stuff melts soon so life can get back to normal :thumb:

Not sure how much we actually got but it looked to be more than a foot....... WOW

Up here in Harford county in Md I just went out & measured.. 11 3/4 inches, and it had turned to freezing rain - but now it is sleet / snow mix. Ughhh!

Up here in Harford county in Md I just went out & measured.. 11 3/4 inches, and it had turned to freezing rain - but now it is sleet / snow mix. Ughhh!

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. It doesn't happen often but the forecasters were absolutely right about this storm. hahaha

We're above freezing now but lots of trees are down around us, the damage is done from this one. I'll never go through another winter like this, when you can't practice or play = wrong place.

Still no power so that means no coffee this morning. :sad: also means no hot water for a shower, it will be a quick bath at the sink.

Also the phone will probably be dead some time this a.m.

Made it thru fine here with no power outages. Look forward to this stuff melting away.

Here in Richmond, VA... Looking at 8" out of the window and it has turned to sleet now. Expected to sleet for the entire freaking night.

FML FML.

Crazy that down in Newport News/York County it's all gone now.

Our neighbors dog Luke having some fun this morning ??

6a8etabe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell our subdivision was built on farmland? I hate not having big trees but that was a good thing this week

gaty6u9u.jpg

Just a quick pic from outside my front door. No plows as of yet

ynuta9ed.jpg

Still no power at my house. Had to get out of there for a little while. I've never seen so much ice on stuff. I would've preferred the snow...

Back