Happy Hallmark Holiday 2014

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
We do not ever celebrate this day. It's nothing special for us. Our opinion is, if you show your love 365 days a year, you don't need Hallmark telling you that it's a special day.

We're spending it going around the neighborhoods sticking Farm Bureau brochures inside people's storm doors, then coming back she's going to work on golf course things, and I am going to run quotes. So romantic!

I think we will go to Papa Murphy's and get one of their heart shaped pizzas to bring home and throw in the oven.

So . . . what are you doing?

We're not doing anything either. When we were dating, I did the whole 9 yards with flowers and big plans, but once we got married (and a joint checking account...) she said all of that wasn't needed. Got something planned for the near future, but why do something when prices are jacked sky high?

I think for many, this year, landing on a Friday, really sets up well for a date night. Sadly, I know a small handful of people who are going to stay in bad relationships because the other person, on this one day, isn't a complete a-hole/jerk/b****h or the like. Damn shame, in many ways, one of the saddest "holidays" we have.

Same here Smalls. My wife and I try to show our love every day. We really don't believe in these Hallmark Holidays. At least that is what she keeps telling me.

Tonight will be snuggling up on the couch with our 3 year old daughter watching Cinderella for the 1,000,000,000,000 time. Of course there will be popcorn.

We don't celebrate today, because in 10 days we have our anniversary, we definitely do home cooked meals though because there are no dinner reservations to be had...

The wife is excited....she's been planning tonight for weeks.

Says that I will be quite surprised. Hope today goes by quickly. ;)

After 37 years of marriage we don't really put much emphasis on Valentine's day, we will exchange cards this morning and then it is pretty much done for us. We don't go out often on the actual night as everything is so crowded. We too show our love 365 days a year.

No huge plans. But I buy some flowers for the lady and have them at the house for her now so they will be waiting for her when she gets home (worked at the hospital last night) and we are going to grill out at the house tonight.

No huge plans here either. She loves valentines day, im not a advocate of it. So we just plah it by ear

No huge plans here either. She loves valentines day, im not a advocate of it. So we just plah it by ear

Sounds like a good way to get yourself in trouble lol

My wife's brothers and wives are coming over for dinner. After that we will proceed out for some drinks.

I spoil my wife all the time but today is a little extra, we're going to a nice lunch in downtown Charleston and then to Kilwins for ice cream lol. I'll support Hallmark today.

I spoil my wife all the time but today is a little extra, we're going to a nice lunch in downtown Charleston and then to Kilwins for ice cream lol. I'll support Hallmark today.

Good on you dude. Always nice to do a little something extra for the people we care about.

Nothing more than saying "Happy Valentines" day to each other, maybe a card. We don't put much stock in this holiday.
If the kids cooperate, we'll probably make a nice dinner and have a glass of wine but with a 3 mos old and 2 yr old,
we're not going anywhere. And we'll be asleep before 10. No complaints here :)

Sweetest day is a hallmark holiday

To me this is just 1 day you can go a little above and beyond "showing your love every day" and do a little something special for your lady. Sent her a little something something to be delivered today, and probably taking the baby and going out to dinner and desert and then home to hang out.

I have no choice but to support it....my wife and I had our first date on Valentine's Day in 2003.....at TGI Fridays, we go there every VD because of it. I hate TGI Fridays...yay for the 11th year of it.

Nothing huge as far as plans. I picked up the wife a few small items. Probably go out to dinner over the weekend

We usually do it up, and get little things for the kids. My wife's birthday is on the 13th... growing up, her parents always combined the two days for her. So every year, she had a pink heart shaped birthday cake. EVERY. YEAR. She got b-day cards, but never Valentine's stuff. Or her boyfriends would get her combined gifts.

So every year, I make sure to completely separate the two days for her, and I know she enjoys that. This year, it was two cards and a small box of chocolates. We have to get the roof replaced this summer, so no big gifts or nights out.

I understand most feel it's a hallmark day, and I show my love and spoil my girlfriend everyday, but for me this is just a day I get to go a little extra and spend a little extra hard earned money on my best friend. She does so much for me that I love spoiling her on Valentines day. Got her a bunch of golf clothing she was looking to get for herself, having some flowers delivered at work for her. We were going to make reservations for our favorite restaurant, but we were too late and it was already booked. I picked up a fondu maker from Wal-Mart last night so I'm going to surprise her with cheese and then chocolate fondu and a movie night with the dogs.

Steaks on the grill and will probably end up watching a movie, so not much different than any other Friday night.

My Valentine's Day surprise was a baby sitter booked for 5:30 tonight. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

The wife is a bit jealous of Bertha so I stepped up my game this year. Today I show some extra love for a working mom and great wife. Its not easy with the kids.... and dealing with me!!

nyhu9y8a.jpg

Happy Hallmark Holiday 2014

11-yr old daughter is having a V-day party today, so we'll be hosts tonight. It's all about the kids once you have them.

I did get the wife a new TV mounted in her side of the bathroom, complete with TiVo Mini. The end of her day, kids in bed, shutting down and getting ready for bed has become her quite time. She rarely gets to watch her shows, so now she's covered. That's my valentines gift to her this year.

Haven't had to think about this for a long time, but taking the gf and our two little men out to eat where we had our first date. I Need to step up my game in this area.

Wifey is making me Chicken Parm and Bread Pudding for tonight, basically my favorites...so hallmark or not, i'll take it (my wife does not cook alot). Other than that, we'll probably watch a movie and have a few drinks...really no different than the typical Friday night with two 4 years olds.

Back